Line Up Announced

CaledonianGonzo

43 minutes ago, RyanSmith9311 said:

Favourite band clashing with EJ, one of the few other acts i definitely want to see

That's fair enough.... I thought you meant a disaster for the band...

I like them both too so likewise praying for them to not clash. But if it comes down to it, Reg wins.

57 minutes ago, churlie100 said:

None of those are big enough to necessitate being included on the first poster, though. Could all still appear down the line, many are likely to.

There is an Italian rock band who won Eurovision 2 years ago on there - just saying 

Just now, Jackglasto said:

There is an Italian rock band who won Eurovision 2 years ago on there - just saying 

Hey I can't stand Maneskin, maybe my least favourite band in the whole world, but they're literally playing The O2 this May - https://www.theo2.co.uk/events/detail/maneskin

And even if they weren't, they're not announcing the bands in descending order of popularity. Not every band announced after this announcement is going to be smaller than the smallest band in this announcement.

3 minutes ago, Jackglasto said:

Your point...?  Maneskin are huge in comparison to that list of acts you mentioned. Wouldn't surprise me if their Spotify Monthly was bigger than your whole list combined.

9 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

So is Fred headlining a stage?

I just can’t see how he isn’t 

Mate, there’s more to Glasto than Fred Again and the Prodigy. You’re starting to sound a bit like a stuck record.

1 hour ago, Jackglasto said:

Think the poster is a little bit out of touch. A lot of the artists were big 7-10 years ago or more. Missing so many acts that could be there that are emerging (pinkpantheress) and a severe lack of electronic/dance music. I know a lot gets announced later but was expecting the likes of Kaytranada, TSHA, Blessed Madonna, Jayda G, Enny, Peggy Gou, Jai Paul, SAULT, Channel Tres, Joy Anonymous. Still a few on there excited for but very disappointing 

TSHA isn’t playing this year. 

5 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Royal blood  100% definately fri .... will try and confirm stage 

AM and Wizkid not really for me so would love it if they were a headline anywhere (preferably JP/Woodies) but I know that is wishful thinking on my part. 

I think those suggesting there are lots of big names being held back are going to be disappointed. Seems like we have most if not all of our headliners/subs in place.

I'll grant that the Arctics sub slot is looking vacant though. I guess it could be Royal Blood or even Maneskin at a push. But if there's a big name being held back, I think that's where they'll end up.

(Not counting QOTSA who seem nailed on for Other Sunday.)

1 minute ago, dreams_burn_down said:

I think those suggesting there are lots of big names being held back are going to be disappointed. Seems like we have most if not all of our headliners/subs in place.

I'll grant that the Arctics sub slot is looking vacant though. I guess it could be Royal Blood or even Maneskin at a push. But if there's a big name being held back, I think that's where they'll end up.

(Not counting QOTSA who seem nailed on for Other Sunday.)

Maneskin are not sub headlining. 

1 minute ago, dreams_burn_down said:

That's definitely the normal way of things. Lots to come, but unlikely to be any megastars.

I’m happy. It’s a fact that when you’ve been to as many people have on here you’re going to see repeats and I think that’s part of the problem. Let’s not forget when you’re there and the sun is shining and the cider bus is pumping out sweet nectar there will be no better place to be!