Glasto Hacks

Bike_Like_A_Mum

9 minutes ago, Supermerv said:

I'm planning on bringing a trolley for the first time this year and hoping to leave it it the lockups, does anyone know if there's a size limit? Its similar to the one shown.

Also, do the lockups fill up? I wont be there until Thursday afternoon and I don't want to spend my precious first few hours trekking around lockups to find one that still has space?

Garden Trolley, 150Kg

that'll be absolutely fine .... they take anything and are massive marques ... people check things in and out all the time 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Supermerv said:

I'm planning on bringing a trolley for the first time this year and hoping to leave it it the lockups, does anyone know if there's a size limit? Its similar to the one shown.

Also, do the lockups fill up? I wont be there until Thursday afternoon and I don't want to spend my precious first few hours trekking around lockups to find one that still has space?

Garden Trolley, 150Kg

You'll be fine, they'll get it under the table.

If you need to get something out but not everything at once, book stuff in smaller batches (eg beer, clothing). Otherwise, they'll give you everything and you'll need to book the stuff you don't need back in.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, carlosj said:

If you need to get something out but not everything at once, book stuff in smaller batches (eg beer, clothing). Otherwise, they'll give you everything and you'll need to book the stuff you don't need back in.

Great tip indeed. They don't mind booking stuff on different references/tickets.

21 hours ago, carlosj said:

100%. Stuff I know I won't need until I go home (keys, main wallet with cards etc) goes in one bag to pick up on the Sunday. Things I need during the fest like power bank, cash tops ups, or daybag if I know I'm heading into a set with a pit, goes in separately to come out as and when.

19 hours ago, SighMo said:

Obvious I know but always take a photo of your lock up receipt/ticket.   

I was alone at the lockup, putting my lockup receipts in the back of my phone case, and somebody said to me "You should really take a photo of that." 

🙈😂 

Thankfully, I didn't lose my phone...

In all seriousness though, it's a good tip, but needs extending... Take a photo with somebody else's phone, a cloud enabled phone (if you have a good data connection at the farm,) or any other device that you won't be storing the receipts with in the first place. 🙈

1 minute ago, Alvoram said:

I was alone at the lockup, putting my lockup receipts in the back of my phone case, and somebody said to me "You should really take a photo of that." 

🙈😂 

Thankfully, I didn't lose my phone...

In all seriousness though, it's a good tip, but needs extending... Take a photo with somebody else's phone, a cloud enabled phone (if you have a good data connection at the farm,) or any other device that you won't be storing the receipts with in the first place. 🙈

Back when I was ambulanced out after the stones the photo of a ticket proved massively usefull to my friends who had to retrieve my kit from the lockup without me or my ticket there . It’s a really good tip 

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Back when I was ambulanced out after the stones the photo of a ticket proved massively usefull to my friends who had to retrieve my kit from the lockup without me or my ticket there . It’s a really good tip 

Oh I know, my point was that I only had my phone on me, which isn't set to upload to icloud automatically, and I had just put the ticket in the back of my phone, so taking a photo with that phone was almost pointless... If I lose the ticket, I lose the photo... 

Take a photo with somebody else's phone, either that or, if you have good data, then turn icloud / drive on or share the photo with somebody. Might seem obvious, but it clearly wasn't to the kind person who was trying to help me with their advice. 

On 4/1/2023 at 3:45 PM, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

The Dude abides! 

I wondered if anyone would pick up on that.
One of the best ever films - respect Mega
image.jpeg.42c68e833d5cd651af1debed07a6141d.jpeg

• Upvote 2

Haven't been able to get a ticket for the last two fests, but have got one for this year. 

What is the current provision for getting phone / power pack charged?

Do charity storage-tents do it, or is it just some central main-mobilebrand tent with horrible queues? 

9 minutes ago, airwaves said:

Haven't been able to get a ticket for the last two fests, but have got one for this year. 

Do charity storage-tents do it, or is it just some central main-mobilebrand tent with horrible queues? 

Answer is we dont know yet with vodaphone the new coverage provider . the lockups have offered it I think but hit and miss

On 5/2/2023 at 1:00 PM, Supermerv said:

Garden Trolley, 150Kg

You'll definitely find a lockup with room for that trolley - but be aware if it's Thursday it might not be the first one you try! One of ours did run out of sack trolley room by late Weds, but that's the first time I've seen that happen and there were a couple of others close by to try.

12 hours ago, airwaves said:

My advice would be to invest in a power unit capable of sustaining you through the festival, rather than queue for ages, then wait for it to charge. Feels like a huge waste of precious festival time. I would imagine that Vodaphone will offer the charging service this year with queues that will give NYC Downlow a run for it's money.

I keep my phone in airplane mode (particularly when busy watching acts) to conserve battery for longer, resulting in a lesser need to charge. Bit of an obvious one, but a tip nonetheless. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, airwaves said:

The Manchester CND Lockups have offered it the last couple of years. They're based by Arcadia (Park Home I think?) and Woodsies.

16 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Haha, it certainly is! Any time I see the drink white Russian, twenty quotes from El Duderino pop into my head. Easily my favourite comedy of all time.

You would enjoy the Glastonbury corner of my pub shed 

IMG20230507112306.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

You would enjoy the Glastonbury corner of my pub shed 

IMG20230507112306.jpg

Amazing throw that. My head is now overloaded with quotes.

Shut the fuck up, Donny!

Nobody fucks with da Jesus!

8 year olds dude...

I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, and I don't. Like. You. Jerk. Off.

I didn't die with buddies face down in the mud...!

They took my rug. It really tied the room together.

The bums lost, sir! I'd suggest you do what your parents did and get a job, sir!

Nihilists dude!

What makes a man, Mr Lebowski?

That, and a pair of testicles.

Brandt can't watch or he has to pay 1000 dollars.

This is what happens, Larry, when you fuck a stranger in the ass!

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON
  • Upvote 2

I had my car broken into the other week when at a gig. Smashed windows and stuff strewn on the road etc. Soul destroying.

The only moment of mirth in about 24 hours was when I reported to the police and enquired about any chance of catching culprits. All I could hear was "Leads? Yes.....We got 4 additional detectives assigned... I can call the crime room now... They got us working in shifts!.... (Manic laughing)... LEAD'S?!... (more manic laughing"

6 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

I had my car broken into the other week when at a gig. Smashed windows and stuff strewn on the road etc. Soul destroying.

The only moment of mirth in about 24 hours was when I reported to the police and enquired about any chance of catching culprits. All I could hear was "Leads? Yes.....We got 4 additional detectives assigned... I can call the crime room now... They got us working in shifts!.... (Manic laughing)... LEAD'S?!... (more manic laughing"

Ah, that is shit. Hope you still got your business papers and creedence tapes back.

Did Larry leave his homework in the car? 

Haha. But seriously... hope your car was alright and you had insurance for any damage!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Amazing throw that. My head is now overloaded with quotes.

Shut the fuck up, Donny!

Nobody fucks with da Jesus!

8 year olds dude...

I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, and I don't. Like. You. Jerk. Off.

I didn't die with buddies face down in the mud...!

They took my rug. It really tied the room together.

The bums lost, sir! I'd suggest you do what your parents did and get a job, sir!

Nihilists dude!

What makes a man, Mr Lebowski?

That, and a pair of testicles.

Brandt can't watch or he has to pay 1000 dollars.

This is what happens, Larry, when you fuck a stranger in the ass!

The dog's got papers

I hate the fucking Eagles man

I went out and achieved anyway

7 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

My advice would be to invest in a power unit capable of sustaining you through the festival, rather than queue for ages, then wait for it to charge. Feels like a huge waste of precious festival time. I would imagine that Vodaphone will offer the charging service this year with queues that will give NYC Downlow a run for it's money.

I keep my phone in airplane mode (particularly when busy watching acts) to conserve battery for longer, resulting in a lesser need to charge. Bit of an obvious one, but a tip nonetheless. 

Airplane mode is a great tip.

Also a decent power bank. Charge your phone overnight and not have to queue every time you want to charge. 

7 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

@airwaves - Don't do any kind of vodafone pay once for all weekend charging

you'll spend ages waiting around for charging etc and more importantly - for the same price you can just buy a decent portable charger on amazon (20,000 MAH will last all weekend unless you use excessively) and then you have that for life 🙂