Metal at Glastonbury 2023

jonday81

As had been discussed previously, metal in general is severely under represented at the farm. The Earache stuff is cool but I’ve never experienced it personally as not been in a few years. Who do we think could be likely to play this year (presuming they keep the area/genre bookings)? I could see Fever 333, Ingested and maybe Parkway Drive from the Download lineup potentially making an appearance. Any others that could be realistic based on tour dates and availability? Carcass are about, fit the ethos of the festival and could play a similar slot to when Napalm Death did it.

Edited by jonday81
Spelling

23 hours ago, jonday81 said:

Well there is for bands like Idles as well as some drum & bass so pretty sure mosh pits would happen if metal was well represented or not.

Are there pits for dnb acts at glasto? feel like thats more of a ketty teenagers at reading kind of thing

maybe like Pendulum but they are more of a band anyway, i'm talking like the SE corner dnb acts

Edited by gfa

I'd be up for a bit of Skindred on the Truth stage at 1am. Brass Against were amazing in that slot last year, the crowd was well up for it. 

Also Bob Vylan could get a better slot.

I'd like Incubus to play, I know nothing after their first album is even vaguely metal so this is probably the wrong thread, but they are an excellent live band. They are in Europe in June. 

Saw The Ocean last week, they were amazing. Never going to happen. 

1 hour ago, Metal Monkey said:

I'd be up for a bit of Skindred on the Truth stage at 1am. 

As would i, but Benji played with Dub War on the Truth stage on friday night at about 10.30 last year, and there was about fifty of us watching so he might not fancy the same thing happening again! (admittedly they only announced it about a week before so people had likely already chosen their friday night headliners, and it did fill up a fair bit as they went along, but still - i felt bad for em)   

19 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

As would i, but Benji played with Dub War on the Truth stage on friday night at about 10.30 last year, and there was about fifty of us watching so he might not fancy the same thing happening again! (admittedly they only announced it about a week before so people had likely already chosen their friday night headliners, and it did fill up a fair bit as they went along, but still - i felt bad for em)   

True, I was there for that, felt quite sorry for them at the start. I don't think that's a good slot for the Truth stage, after the headliners would be a lot better. 

• Upvote 1

The festival will always book 6music/ alt friendly metal and punk (IDLES, pigsx7, nova twins) and I understand it really. There's no use booking Loathe and Code Orange to look out at fifty people. I think the lack of metal at the festival reflects how it doesn't get a look in from a lot of the music press.

I'd love to see Ghost, Converge, Code Orange and Skindred who are all around, but can't see any of them happening.

Would love both code orange and skindred. Have seen skindred many times and always great, not sure what stage they could go on, don't think they're big enough for jp even at the crack of dawn

Electric callboy would also be great if they were stuck on truth or something  

2 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

Would love both code orange and skindred. Have seen skindred many times and always great, not sure what stage they could go on, don't think they're big enough for jp even at the crack of dawn

Electric callboy would also be great if they were stuck on truth or something  

All great shouts!