Slam Dunk 2024

Dukey

On 5/16/2023 at 10:10 AM, Jonny_Naylor said:

Slam Dunk kept retweeting stuff about Fall Out Boy when their tour went on sale, which made me think they were bigging them up for something. YM@6 came naturally to mind as another co-headliner. So my guess is FOB/YM@6 co-headlining.

That said, Sum 41 doing a farewell tour may mean they'll be back for one last hurrah at SD, which would be a bit annoying as they played recently and are doing the euro shows. Maybe they'll do similar to the NOFX shows this year.

Would love to see them do away with the "co-headlining" bullshit, and just get a big act like Blink-182/Paramore/My Chem, and put a heavier act against them, Architects/Parkway Drive/Korn.

Best to hope for is similar to what NOFX are doing.

On 5/17/2023 at 9:20 AM, foolee said:

Avril Lavigne for the first female headliner? 

That would certainly go some way to securing a ticket. I'd be hoping for a mix of YM@6, Avril and Rancid. I do not see YM@6 being big enough on their own.

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

That would certainly go some way to securing a ticket. I'd be hoping for a mix of YM@6, Avril and Rancid. I do not see YM@6 being big enough on their own.

I feel like YMAS would be poor in comparison to recent years but they have a good relationship with slam dunk so I could see it. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Avril playing quite high up at Download either with those two dates at Alexandra Palace. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2023 at 2:21 PM, foolee said:

I feel like YMAS would be poor in comparison to recent years but they have a good relationship with slam dunk so I could see it. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Avril playing quite high up at Download either with those two dates at Alexandra Palace. 

Yeah I mean, she can't play lower down than 3rd main that is for sure. But not sure that will be the same as headlining Slam Dunk. Avril, Rancid and YM@6 on the lower stage but all 3 outside. Can't book bands that size in a tent again.

I'd be raging if Avril and Rancid clashed but I also could see them doing it. Very different styles of music, much like Offspring and Shikari.

I could entirely see Yungblud headline with Avril as a sub of they want to go that direction. Or maybe MGK top with those two below. Could work as the "other" day on the site too I guess to give them all longer sets.

My top want for 2024 is Simple Plan because they're probably the one pop punk band I keep missing. 20th anniversary of Still Not Getting Any as well, seems a perfect time to get them in. Give them the same slot Yellowcard had.

4 hours ago, Jericode said:

I could entirely see Yungblud headline with Avril as a sub of they want to go that direction. Or maybe MGK top with those two below. Could work as the "other" day on the site too I guess to give them all longer sets.

My top want for 2024 is Simple Plan because they're probably the one pop punk band I keep missing. 20th anniversary of Still Not Getting Any as well, seems a perfect time to get them in. Give them the same slot Yellowcard had.

They only played recently. They won't get Yellowcards slot. 

Also Avril is not subbing anyone at Slam Dunk, she is way bigger than either of Bowling For Soup or Billy Talent.

2024 Headliners:

Dickies Stage-  I’ll go with either Rancid, The Gaslight Anthem, Weezer or Jimmy Eat World. I think Blink 182 will be just slightly out of their budget. 

Amazon Stage- Neck Deep, Idles, Turnstile or Architects. I think Bring Me The Horizon will be slightly out of their budget.  

1 hour ago, jonnyisRFC said:

2024 Headliners:

Dickies Stage-  I’ll go with either Rancid, The Gaslight Anthem, Weezer or Jimmy Eat World. I think Blink 182 will be just slightly out of their budget. 

Amazon Stage- Neck Deep, Idles, Turnstile or Architects. I think Bring Me The Horizon will be slightly out of their budget.  

Both (especially Blink) are astronomically too big to play a festival as small as SD.

Now that I've seen the sizes of the stages, I hope the Kerrang goes down to one stage just get rid of the crap logistics. SO my headliners.

Wishlist

Dickies - Fall Out Boy
Amazon - AFI
Kerrang - Turnstile
Knotfest - Sleep Token

Guess

Dickies - All Time Low
Amazon - You Me At Six (not clashing with ATL)
Kerrang - Jimmy Eat World
Knotfest - Bury Tomorrow

Headliners I would love to see: Rancid, Weezer, Limp Bizkit or Idles 

Other names I'm hoping for, some completely unrealistic but hey...

Finch - - Thursday -- Say Anything -- Red City Radio -- The Dity Nil -- Glassjaw -- Cursive -- The Hold Steady -- City & Colour -- Rival Schools -- f**ked Up -- Bright Eyes -- Violent Soho -- Alkaline Trio -- Taking Back Sunday -- A -- Hot Rod Circuit -- Placebo

And just get The Menzingers every year as that is a party! 

Dickies - Rancid
Amazon - You Me At Six
Kerrang - (changed to one stage in tent) - Sleep Token
Knotfest - Knocked Loose

Though I'd like:

Dickies - Architects
Amazon - You Me At Six
Kerrang - (changed to one stage in tent) - The Gaslight Anthem
Knotfest - Fever 333

Somewhere between a dream and a prediction but here we are:

Weezer, Taking Back Sunday, Funeral For A Friend, The Front Bottoms, Something Corporate, The Blackout, The Starting Line, Hot Mulligan, The Xcerts

Rancid, Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, Reel Big Fish, Goldfinger, Lit, The Ataris, Guttermouth, The Bennies, Wonk Unit

Turnstile, Sleep Token, Electric Callboy, Spiritbox, Lorna Shore, Knocked Loose, Better Lovers, Kublai Khan TX, Zulu, Ithaca

Fightstar, Motion City Soundtrack, Say Anything, La Dispute, Pup, Jeff Rosenstock, Joyce Manor, No Pressure, Balance & Composure, Martha, Origami Angel, Heart Attack Man, Slaughter Beach Dog, Oso Oso

SWMRS, Lil Lotus, Beauty School Dropout, Wicca Phase Springs Eternal, renforshort, Cody Frost, girli, As Everything Unfolds, Paledusk, Telltale, Lake Malice, Mimi Barks, Graphic Nature, The 900

Edited by Andrinald
  • Upvote 2

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/26/2023 at 8:42 AM, Alex Winstone said:

Amazon: You Me At Six, Funeral For A Friend, Simple Plan, Nothing Nowhere, As It Is, Can't Swim, Stand Atlantic, Bears In Trees

Dickies: Rancid, Descendents, The Interrupters, Reel Big Fish, Anti-Flag, The Bronx, Barstool Preachers, Get Dead.

Knotfest: Knocked Loose, Fit For An Autopsy, Lorna Shore, The Devil Wears Prada, Loathe, Better Lovers, Graphic Nature.

Kerrang Tent: Waterparks, Dinosaur Pile Up, Sleep Token, The Blackout, Teenage Wrist, No Pressure, A, Nova Twins, As December Falls.

Key Club: Hot Milk, Lauren Hibberd, Blackgold, Crashface, Fearless Vampire Killers, The Nightmares, As Everything Unfolds, Kid Bookie

That knotfest stage is amazing, yes to that, can you book it please haha

The Front Bottoms teasing a "couple of gigs" and TicketMaster has leaked a Sheffield date on Dec 9. So safe to say UK tour is about to be announced. Could put them in the frame for Slam Dunk 2024, as they did R+L 2018 after their Feb 2018 UK tour. 

Also, on a related note, I have literally shed a tear over the news already 😂

• Like 1

10 hours ago, thatTFBguy said:

The Front Bottoms teasing a "couple of gigs" and TicketMaster has leaked a Sheffield date on Dec 9. So safe to say UK tour is about to be announced. Could put them in the frame for Slam Dunk 2024, as they did R+L 2018 after their Feb 2018 UK tour. 

Also, on a related note, I have literally shed a tear over the news already 😂

Where abouts you seen this? Seen someone else mention it on Twitter 

1 hour ago, therefused said:

Where abouts you seen this? Seen someone else mention it on Twitter 

The Sheffield listing was accidentally posted to TicketMaster earlier today (Monday). It was up for a couple hours before being pulled. I found it myself, and can confirm it's legit. Had a countdown for the on sale date (Friday) and a pre sale (Wednesday) and all. 

• Like 1