Thread Again

CaledonianGonzo

Just now, nikkic said:

3 mates riding the crest of a wave, having a load of fun and getting lots of people dancing with big smiles on their faces.

All good in my eyes.

Yeah I think these three have hit gold with the world coming out of hibernation and wanting to party with their mates again, which Fred himself obviously touched on with his solo stuff and activity over lockdown etc. It might not be particularly clever or even new, but their shows just evoke a certain recklessness and ‘fuck it it’s funny’ attitude that you can’t help enjoy if you’re in to electronic music and not too snooty about it. 

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah I think these three have hit gold with the world coming out of hibernation and wanting to party with their mates again, which Fred himself obviously touched on with his solo stuff and activity over lockdown etc. It might not be particularly clever or even new, but their shows just evoke a certain recklessness and ‘fuck it it’s funny’ attitude that you can’t help enjoy if you’re in to electronic music and not too snooty about it. 

All of these things. 

On 4/25/2023 at 11:11 PM, Slimeyc said:

All the clips I’ve seen are like this. Just seemed like they were larking about. Some weird transitions, too many restarts The boiler room set was far superior and the reason i will watch Fred…

Glad somebody else mentioned this. Sometimes it's like they know something's gone down well, so they stop it then start it again. I'm probably not 'getting' it, but to me it sounds a bit shit and ruins the momentum .

There's a clip somewhere (not at Coachella) where Four Tet drops a Skrillex track into the mix, and it actually sounds really good. Fred loves it, so he leans over... and stops it. WTF is that?!

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

Glad somebody else mentioned this. Sometimes it's like they know something's gone down well, so they stop it then start it again. I'm probably not 'getting' it, but to me it sounds a bit shit and ruins the momentum .

There's a clip somewhere (not at Coachella) where Four Tet drops a Skrillex track into the mix, and it actually sounds really good. Fred loves it, so he leans over... and stops it. WTF is that?!

You've actually never heard of pull ups?

Edited by Isaact

2 hours ago, Isaact said:

You've actually never heard of pull ups?

I have, and don’t care for them much at the best of times, but the extent they seem to happen with this b3b is a bit daft, imo. 

edit: great article, though. Hadn’t read that.

Edited by kalifire
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I have, and don’t care for them much at the best of times, but the extent they seem to happen with this b3b is a bit daft, imo.

Pull ups have become meme-able content and do well on socials the exact same way all the pop remixes do( "omg can't believe x dropped Carly Rae Jepsen main stage at Coachella lol fire emoji" etc etc). They know what they're doing. Part of the reason this has blown up so much is people's FOMO, artificial scarcity, and getting as much content on socials is part of that.

Edited by jannybruck

6 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Pull ups have become meme-able content and do well on socials the exact same way all the pop remixes do( "omg can't believe x dropped Carly Rae Jepsen main stage at Coachella lol fire emoji" etc etc). They know what they're doing. Part of the reason this has blown up so much is people's FOMO, artificial scarcity, and getting as much content on socials is part of that.

Ugh

29 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Woah. Any idea when? Or when it’s being announced? 

Announcement is coming imminently, think Fred began teasing it this week. He’s aiming to set the record for the longest run at AP - so pencilled in 5 nights. I believe it’s the week of the 12th but can’t remember what was said

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sisco said:

4 shows

was told record breaking - 4 only matches it

13 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

Fuck sake terrible venue, do Wembley arena 

Wembley Arena is horrendous, corporate shithole

8 minutes ago, gfa said:

Far too big for it really - just seems unworkable i think

Similar capacity to Ally Pally. Tickets’ll sell like hotcakes but I genuinely think it’s on. In comparison to other artists who’ve played Mayfield. Chems, Massive Attack, Disclosure etc, they’re not much bigger than them, they’re just the flavour of the week at the minute which will die down pretty quickly now that Skrillex’s album is out there. Definitely doable for me. 

24 minutes ago, lukethekid said:

Similar capacity to Ally Pally. Tickets’ll sell like hotcakes but I genuinely think it’s on. In comparison to other artists who’ve played Mayfield. Chems, Massive Attack, Disclosure etc, they’re not much bigger than them, they’re just the flavour of the week at the minute which will die down pretty quickly now that Skrillex’s album is out there. Definitely doable for me. 

4 nights at ally pally and thats solo not all 3

Nobody has ever really done like 3-4 nights at WHP AFAIK

Chems did a DJ set which didn't sell out until a few days before, Disclosure was also a DJ set. Not sure about Massive Attack

I think he's focusing on his own shows more than playing at club type venues

Edited by gfa

11 hours ago, gfa said:

4 nights at ally pally and thats solo not all 3

Nobody has ever really done like 3-4 nights at WHP AFAIK

Chems did a DJ set which didn't sell out until a few days before, Disclosure was also a DJ set. Not sure about Massive Attack

I think he's focusing on his own shows more than playing at club type venues

Ahhhh apologies I thought we were taking all 3, I think there’s a chance for all 3. 

3 hours ago, lukethekid said:

Ahhhh apologies I thought we were taking all 3, I think there’s a chance for all 3. 

Fred could be announced solo and then the rest show up but can't see all 3 together be announced. They have never done anything as of yet that has been announced more than a few days in advance i'd note