Self Confirms 2023

Gnomicide

Sorry If I am missing something is there a reason Mel C is not on the Lineup page as TBC - she was confirmed by Emily E in the Guardian interview where they talked over the "all male headliners" 

"She denied the perpetual rumours – stoked by the group themselves – that the Spice Girls would appear. “That is not a conversation we’re having at the moment,” said Eavis, but added that Melanie C would perform solo."

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/mar/03/arctic-monkeys-guns-n-roses-elton-john-all-male-glastonbury-headliners-a-pipeline-problem-says-emily-eavis

5 minutes ago, AVALON.G said:

Sorry If I am missing something is there a reason Mel C is not on the Lineup page as TBC - she was confirmed by Emily E in the Guardian interview where they talked over the "all male headliners" 

"She denied the perpetual rumours – stoked by the group themselves – that the Spice Girls would appear. “That is not a conversation we’re having at the moment,” said Eavis, but added that Melanie C would perform solo."

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/mar/03/arctic-monkeys-guns-n-roses-elton-john-all-male-glastonbury-headliners-a-pipeline-problem-says-emily-eavis

I assumed this was gonna be another DJ set like last time but just looked at her live dates and she’s actually performing live this year so this should be fun. Hope I get to see her, although I assume it’ll be in a very rammed Avalon.

19 hours ago, billum said:

Brilliant - don't often go to see the serious talky stuff but this guy and his organization are just brilliant. Unmissable!

The serious talky stuff is a big part of my festival personally. A speaker I'd love to hear can represent as big a clash as two musical acts. It can also be a lovely getaway from the crowds, around people with specific progressive interests.

I've got a lot of love for the Speaker's Forum.

Edited by kalifire
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

Not really a massive one.

But Worship Label said they’re at the fest this year. So that’s either Sub Focus, Dimension, Culture Shock & 1991

Sub focus or culture shock I'd enjoy and could definitely see culture shock being Thursday after in SEC

He's on the bill at Levellers Bristol gig on the Saturday, he's definitely done Thursday gigs at Glastonbury before, the aforementioned Avalon Cafe gig plus Croissant Neuf Bandstand (I remember it started raining and loads of people left).

28 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Had his set in Avalon Cafe in 2014 cut short so Michael Eavis could do his party trick.

And the power was cut on him too so he came into the crowd and sang, ."Black dog day" if I recall