2023 In Memoriam Thread

kalifire

deymour stein - signed many of the best acts& bands: Madonna, Talking Heads, The Ramones, Cyndi Lauper, Barenaked Ladies, the Cure, Depeche Mode, the Smiths, Ice-T, Seal, k.d. lang, the Replacements, Everything but the Girl, My Bloody Valentine, Men Without Hats

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrhexH6DCtkqyYoGzKjm4lQ;_ylu=Y29sbwNiZjEEcG9zAzEEdnRpZAMEc2VjA3Ny/RV=2/RE=1680571771/RO=10/RU=https%3a%2f%2fdeadline.com%2f2023%2f04%2fseymour-stein-dead-obituary-sire-records-madonna-talking-heads-amp-the-ramones-was-80-1235316437%2f/RK=2/RS=6P.fGxbKib.sYmIa6Hp5c.QaK5I-

Edited by Neil

6 minutes ago, The Nal said:

RIP Nora Forster

lydon was always really sweet when talking about her - seemed incongruous for the old scarey  punk.

On 4/8/2023 at 12:38 PM, Gnomicide said:

I suspect this won't mean much to most on here but gutted to hear Guy Baily has passed. 

Oh that is a shame, but it did mean I spent the Easter weekend blasting out those first two albums along with some Dogs and even Cherry Bombz. I think I first saw The Quireboys as a support for CB?

1 hour ago, Fishman said:

Oh that is a shame, but it did mean I spent the Easter weekend blasting out those first two albums along with some Dogs and even Cherry Bombz. I think I first saw The Quireboys as a support for CB?

May have been, I saw Cherry Bombz but don't remember the support.

Jah Shaka sound system master 

Am feeling this one. 

Saw him do a five hour set in London Underground a good few years back, brilliant. Old school, only one deck, behind which he would regularly crouch out of site, shortly after which a huge cloud of smoke would arise.

RIP

Edited by Skip997

10 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Am feeling this one. 

Saw him do a five hour set in London Underground a good few years back, brilliant. Old school, only one deck, behind which he would regularly crouch out of site, shortly after which a huge cloud of smoke would arise.

RIP

nicely done skip. 🙂 

7 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Am feeling this one. 

RIP

Amazingly, he's even getting on the news on radio four.

9 hours ago, airwaves said:

Thanks for posting. I’ve only just heard of his death. They’re one of the most innovative bands ever. It’s taken a long time for me to fully appreciate the band and the ongoing Stephen Wilson series of remixes is excellent. I never knew Ray worked with Bjork in her early years.