2023 ticket competitions

Leyrulion

18 hours ago, angelin said:

Well done to Holly but what about the other 70 tickets? Im gobsmacked we havent seen anyone on social media talking about it, tagging vodafone in a post etc.

theres still bars in Burnt Oak North London. I literally can not be bothered to walk to the top of the street to buy one.  Ive lost my faith in competitions being leggit and it not a friend of a friend winning (see previous post up thread)

17 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

we've had a winner of the vodaphone comp on this very thread @faymondo and a friend of @Sawdusty surfer winning the oxfam chocolate competition .

Someone in the Glasto Chat Facebook group has won some this morning. Looks like she's a regular! 

19 hours ago, angelin said:

theres still bars in Burnt Oak North London. I literally can not be bothered to walk to the top of the street to buy one.  Ive lost my faith in competitions being leggit and it not a friend of a friend winning (see previous post up thread)

Which previous post are you referring to? 

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Someone has just pointed out she's an "award winning tech blogger" with nearly 6k followers, don't know if that has helped.

Not really a fan of this tbh, giving out tickets based on social media influence.

Would be interested to know what Vodafone’s official stance is on this! 

Are they just picking out people at random based on complaining on Twitter and amount of followers they have?! 

4 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Someone has just pointed out she's an "award winning tech blogger" with nearly 6k followers, don't know if that has helped.

she's now become a ticket winning , award winning tech blogger ..... bit of a tongue twister that 

6k followers isn’t really a lot in social media terms, must have a connection somewhere. 

Can imagine that the TPD Tv lot will probs get a few free tickets but they’ve got 125k subscribers. Imagining a Coachella vs Glastonbury video will be coming out from them. 

4 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Not really a fan of this tbh, giving out tickets based on social media influence.

Would be interested to know what Vodafone’s official stance is on this! 

Are they just picking out people at random based on complaining on Twitter and amount of followers they have?! 

6k isn't that many tbh, there are probably others who they could have picked with more followers. I'm parking my cynicism and saying it's because she mentioned going with her young son.

4 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

6k isn't that many tbh, there are probably others who they could have picked with more followers. I'm parking my cynicism and saying it's because she mentioned going with her young son.

I can’t imagine there’s someone sat there at Vodafone Twitter trawling through tweets from the ticket day, must be some kind of connection somewhere.

She has put out another tweet confirming they’ve given her tickets, something doesn’t add up. 

22 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Opens the door for lots of people giving sob stories (true or not) to try and get tickets via sponsors now!

2 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Opens the door for lots of people giving sob stories (true or not) to try and get tickets via sponsors now!

It certainly does, a few people already pleading in the responses.

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Vodafone just giving tickets away now.

Screenshot_20230510_145852_Twitter.thumb.jpg.3327536d1c76ccb6f23a0c59e92cee67.jpg

This is bizarre. I'm sure there will be thousands of tweets like this from ticket day. I imagine the shitshow she refers to is the failed payments (it was a shitshow to be fair). Still odd to pick out a random tweet from 6 months ago though...

23 minutes ago, jonnyisRFC said:

Still 3 pairs left apparently! 

17B6440F-66DE-4F69-BE26-2CCF02A46BF0.png

Can't find bars in any of the stores within about 50 miles of me (I travel for work, I'm not just on a mad chocolate hunt I promise). Wonder where these unsold bars are!

EDIT: horrible thought... I wonder if people have seen these on the off chance and just bought them as a gift to give to someone when they next see them as they know they love Glastonbury. Could be winners casually chilling in someones house and they have no idea it's even a competiton.

Edited by DareToDibble

11 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

This is bizarre. I'm sure there will be thousands of tweets like this from ticket day. I imagine the shitshow she refers to is the failed payments (it was a shitshow to be fair). Still odd to pick out a random tweet from 6 months ago though...

We did a bit of digging on our resale WhatsApp group. Here she is posting on a Glastonbury Facebook page. The use of the #feeltheconnection hashtag seems all too fishy to me! 

CF006C28-C4E1-48C2-8B96-F7BF1FAC20EE.jpeg

Edited by jonnyisRFC

6 minutes ago, jonnyisRFC said:

We did a bit of digging on our resale WhatsApp group. Here she is posting on a Glastonbury Facebook page. The use of the #feeltheconnection hashtag seems all too fishy to me! 

AD32FEBA-2267-4DBC-8766-32D83F7E684E.png

I don't think it's the same person. The person posting on Facebook has been before. The person who has been gifted tickets by Vodafone appears to be a newbie. 

8 minutes ago, jonnyisRFC said:

AD32FEBA-2267-4DBC-8766-32D83F7E684E.png

Hmmm. I just did a google on Feel The Connection Vodafone and it all seems to refer to Wimbledon rather than Glastonbury.

I'm sure we're reading too much into to be fair. Not like eFests, I know.

1 minute ago, DareToDibble said:

Hmmm. I just did a google on Feel The Connection Vodafone and it all seems to refer to Wimbledon rather than Glastonbury.

I'm sure we're reading too much into to be fair. Not like eFests, I know.

But still, if there’s a chance of winning tickets by just having a whinge on Twitter surely it’s of note (and worth us all having a try?)

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Vodafone just giving tickets away now.

Screenshot_20230510_145852_Twitter.thumb.jpg.3327536d1c76ccb6f23a0c59e92cee67.jpg

As today was the last day for their stupid 'instant win' game on the app, I wonder if it didn't select enough winners today so they had a couple spare to give out...