2023 ticket competitions

Leyrulion

1 hour ago, Lakey91 said:

Do we know how many of the wonka tickets have been claimed? 

It would be really helpful to know in all the competitions that give instant prizes how many tickets are left, but I guess that would potentially reduce the amount being sold. I keep buying Brothers cider to enter the code then give away, in the hope of tickets but as far as I know they could have all been won.

At least with the cheese we know the last draw hasn't taken place yet so I can still cling onto the delusion I'm going to win. 

I really wish competion winners were announced as it happens. I dunno, most times you neve4 even hear. I had a flatmate once who worked for the local press and her close friends used to win everything saw it with my own eyes so now Im cynical about everything

30 minutes ago, angelin said:

I had a flatmate once who worked for the local press and her close friends used to win everything saw it with my own eyes so now Im cynical about everything

That happened with a journalist I knew who worked for the Birmingham Evening Mail. She would sort it so that her friends won the prizes.

Also, one of my brothers mates (a bloke who taught business people how to improve their golfing techniques) was told by the owner of a car magazine to fill out an entry form of theirs to win a car, and give him the completed entry form. He did this, and miraculously won the car!

I don’t get those of you who say that video is staged or that they’d already opened it. Loads of people just randomly film stuff these days and if it was staged they didn’t do a good job of it. It looks totally believable and genuine to me and made me smile! 

Happy to be proved wrong but that’s my opinion. 

7 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

I don’t get those of you who say that video is staged or that they’d already opened it. Loads of people just randomly film stuff these days and if it was staged they didn’t do a good job of it. It looks totally believable and genuine to me and made me smile! 

Happy to be proved wrong but that’s my opinion. 

I'm going for the middle ground. I reckon they suspected it might be a winner without being 100% certain. For example if they bought a few bars and that one felt slightly different from the outside due to the extra bit of card in there.

2 minutes ago, incident said:

I'm going for the middle ground. I reckon they suspected it might be a winner without being 100% certain. For example if they bought a few bars and that one felt slightly different from the outside due to the extra bit of card in there.

Yes this is a balanced view and I accept it 👍🏻👍🏻☺️

22 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

That happened with a journalist I knew who worked for the Birmingham Evening Mail. She would sort it so that her friends won the prizes.

Also, one of my brothers mates (a bloke who taught business people how to improve their golfing techniques) was told by the owner of a car magazine to fill out an entry form of theirs to win a car, and give him the completed entry form. He did this, and miraculously won the car!

This is a shame, and frustrating!

I have been really fortunate with competition wins over the years and won on various Radio stations, Social media pages and also online entry forms. (My most recent win was my wedding last year - yep, wedding!). I won Glastonbury tickets with Radio 1 in 2014 and Latitude tickets in 2015 but no other festival wins so far 😞

27 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

This is a shame, and frustrating!

I have been really fortunate with competition wins over the years and won on various Radio stations, Social media pages and also online entry forms. (My most recent win was my wedding last year - yep, wedding!). I won Glastonbury tickets with Radio 1 in 2014 and Latitude tickets in 2015 but no other festival wins so far 😞

I won 3 Isle of Wight tickets in 2014 but nothing since so maybe that era was the last one where you had a realistic chance of winning stuff! So many people enter competitions these days that the odds must be so low.