2023 line up thread

Guy Incognito

Not lineup related but tickets/barcodes should be appearing from the 17th.

End of The Road Festival 2023

Starts 31 August 2023

Barcode release date: 17 August 2023 at 12:00
Tickets will start being generated and emailed after 17 August 2023 at 12:00. Please allow up to 24 hours for barcodes to generate.

3 minutes ago, Ortiz34 said:

Indeed. I had been slightly leaning towards King G but this news sways me towards Ezra. Good to have the news pre EoTR.

Yeah, Gizz will be fun and I love the new record, but not sure I want to miss Ezra's last go round - in the Garden no less!

10 minutes ago, Kempleton said:

Would it be a really terrible idea to try and watch half of KGLW and half of Ezra?

I assume this is easier at EotR than at other festivals, but in general a terrible idea.  You invest mentally in one band but not fully because you're watching the crowd and thinking when is a good time to leave, what song am I just about to miss etc - then you lose time moving between stages, and finding a spot you're happy with at the second act, disturbing people around you.  Then you're wondering what songs you've just missed etc - sure you can get into it and enjoy a few songs of each, but you're giving yourself a poorer experience of both.  If it's random bands earlier in the day, or you're not feeling something then it's great to have a backup plan - but if you actually like both then I'd say try to pick one.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, p.pete said:

I assume this is easier at EotR than at other festivals, but in general a terrible idea.  You invest mentally in one band but not fully because you're watching the crowd and thinking when is a good time to leave, what song am I just about to miss etc - then you lose time moving between stages, and finding a spot you're happy with at the second act, disturbing people around you.  Then you're wondering what songs you've just missed etc - sure you can get into it and enjoy a few songs of each, but you're giving yourself a poorer experience of both.  If it's random bands earlier in the day, or you're not feeling something then it's great to have a backup plan - but if you actually like both then I'd say try to pick one.

It was already my worst clash. I’d pretty much decided on KGLW because I’ve never seen them before, but with it potentially being Ezra’s last show for a good while, I have no idea how I’m going to choose.

I may have to leave it up to the day. My plans usually go out of the window once I’m at the festival, anyway.

57 minutes ago, Kempleton said:

It was already my worst clash. I’d pretty much decided on KGLW because I’ve never seen them before, but with it potentially being Ezra’s last show for a good while, I have no idea how I’m going to choose.

I may have to leave it up to the day. My plans usually go out of the window once I’m at the festival, anyway.

The Nal's response is helpful - and although I say it's a terrible idea it doesn't mean that I've learnt my lesson 😄  Presuming KGLW start first, last year's timings suggesting they'll have an extra 15 minutes, that's at least a 12 minute clash-free window right there!

17 minutes ago, p.pete said:

The Nal's response is helpful - and although I say it's a terrible idea it doesn't mean that I've learnt my lesson 😄  Presuming KGLW start first, last year's timings suggesting they'll have an extra 15 minutes, that's at least a 12 minute clash-free window right there!

For me, I think the ideal scenario is that they play the first four tracks from Nonagon Infinity, followed by The Dripping Tap or Head On/Pill, then I’d happily wander over to the Garden Stage.

Like you said, though, it’s a mistake I’ve made multiple times. And i don’t show any sign of learning my lesson.

My personal nadir was 2019, when I tried to catch some of The Beths, Girl in Red and Let’s Eat Grandma and ended up with just regrets

50 minutes ago, p.pete said:

To be fair it depends on how into the acts you are. Most people at EOTR are happy with a toddle between stages, stop for a chat, grab a beer. Even for the headliners. Love Gizz but I'd have no issue seeing half of them for someone else I really loved.

Ive done it loads of times at Glasto between the Other, West Holts and Pyramid. In the mud. Now thats a terrible idea.

2 hours ago, p.pete said:

My 'rule' is always go and watch band A. If I'm loving it I stay and don't think much about it beyond that, if not I wander over to band B! Always worked a charm. 

The pre-festival clashticipation is usually way worse than the reality.

18 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I think she will be a secret piano stage set. She has said she isnt 100% health wise at the moment though, so im not really expecting any late night secret sets

Yeah, I was being slightly sarcastic. I would only expect a TLOBF Piano set. You're not going to get a late night Folly set from a headliner. It's not like she's around all weekend due to Manchester and Dear Shed in the days before, so she'd have to effectively play them back-to-back. Not going to happen, especially with health concerns

30 minutes ago, shoebox said:

Yeah, I was being slightly sarcastic. I would only expect a TLOBF Piano set. You're not going to get a late night Folly set from a headliner. It's not like she's around all weekend due to Manchester and Dear Shed in the days before, so she'd have to effectively play them back-to-back. Not going to happen, especially with health concerns

Deer Shed was a couple of weeks ago. She's got a gap on Friday and Cardiff (where she is on Thursday) isn't that far. Though that's not going to happen, obviously.

In other news, new Future Islands standalone track, anyone?

4 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Deer Shed was a couple of weeks ago. She's got a gap on Friday and Cardiff (where she is on Thursday) isn't that far. Though that's not going to happen, obviously.

In other news, new Future Islands standalone track, anyone?

Sorry, I knew it was Cardiff on the Thursday, my eyes must have broke as I read Deer Shed and Cardiff on the same line. It's been a long day.