2023 line up thread

Guy Incognito

Two things;

1. They're gonna need a bigger tent for Wunderhorse. Epic set at Glastonbury and the JPT/Woodsies was packed......can't see the Tipi/Folly coping with the crowd that turned up. Plus seems really mismatched to the scale and sound needed. 

2. Any chance that the ??? might possibly be Black Country, New Road with their revised lineup and sound? Just a standout, magnificent tour de force on West Holts which had the crowd in awe. Last played the Woods 2021 but this is a new start for them. They seem to be ffree but might have missed something.

Edited by Copperface
sp

21 minutes ago, Copperface said:

2. Any chance that the ??? might possibly be Black Country, New Road with their revised lineup and sound? Just a standout, magnificent tour de force on West Holts which had the crowd in awe. Last played the Woods 2021 but this is a new start for them. They seem to be ffree but might have missed something.

They're playing in LA that night.

4 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

They're playing in LA that night.

Cheers. I had a look but didn't spot that listing....just saw a gap between end July and October. Must have filtered out international dates. Ah well....

On 6/7/2023 at 5:21 PM, SweepingTheNation said:

Also, The Walkmen are a UK exclusive to Green Man.

So they've just been announced for the Strokes day of APE. (Though I'd still be surprised if they're the mystery band, partly because EOTR and GM have never shared an act that high up, partly because of Simon's recent interview comments about how he doesn't like booking legacy acts unless they have something new/ongoing to offer)

13 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

So they've just been announced for the Strokes day of APE. (Though I'd still be surprised if they're the mystery band, partly because EOTR and GM have never shared an act that high up, partly because of Simon's recent interview comments about how he doesn't like booking legacy acts unless they have something new/ongoing to offer)

hehehe. Would love to ask him what he thinks the Pixies were offering in 2022 

• Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, Mardy said:

hehehe. Would love to ask him what he thinks the Pixies were offering in 2022 

I think he'd argue that at least they've been releasing new material for a decade or so. I think the only major legacy booking that hadn't released something new at the time they played was Grandaddy, and that was thought at the time to be a shooting star type reformation.

Could ??? be a second set from Angel Olsen? I believe EotR originally wanted her to play the Woods. There is precedent, remembering the "secret" second set in the big top by Alabama Shakes (albeit on the same day). Might also ease the crush in the garden on the night UMO (the festival's weakest ever headliner booking imho) are on the Woods (as long as they leak it beforehand, of course). But I'd love it more if it was Explosions in the Sky.

38 minutes ago, Thruxton Appleby said:

Could ??? be a second set from Angel Olsen? I believe EotR originally wanted her to play the Woods. There is precedent, remembering the "secret" second set in the big top by Alabama Shakes (albeit on the same day). Might also ease the crush in the garden on the night UMO (the festival's weakest ever headliner booking imho) are on the Woods (as long as they leak it beforehand, of course). But I'd love it more if it was Explosions in the Sky.

Wouldn't make any sense for it to be AO. If the festival wanted her to Woods that much then she'd be on Woods. I feel like is she's gonna do a secret set it'd be on piano stage

38 minutes ago, Thruxton Appleby said:

According to Simon she was going to headline Woods but told them the Big Time set suited Garden more. The only way she'd play Woods is if she had a second set ready to go, which I doubt.

4 hours ago, Stillill42 said:

No chance of Les Savy Fav for the mystery act I suppose? They seem to be finishing up in the Netherlands on the 25th August. They'd hardly hang around another week. That would fecking make my festival. 

I'd enjoy them a lot after seeing last year, but they're on the GM bill, seems a bit weird them going from the UK over to Europe and back again in a week or two and I don't think there is an obvious reason why they wouldn't have been announced already.