2023 line up thread

Guy Incognito

1 minute ago, SweepingTheNation said:

It looks like it was announced as "only summer show" in January, and sod semantics, EOTR is a summer festival. In any case the only way I'd think they'd play it is if they're announcing a new album around that time, which at their workload is possible.

From a January email from Jamie T

IMG_4009.png

3 hours ago, RustySpanner said:

Just listening to UMO on the BBC coverage. Yawn!😴

They are one of those bands who I have always been aware of but never knowingly listened to.

Sat down the other day and worked my way through a fair number of songs. It left me wondering how they managed to get relatively big because it all sounded quite dull to me.

On 6/20/2023 at 5:17 PM, KevRP said:

Somebody noticed your post, they've since been removed from this link as being down to play the EOTR and from a similar NME online article which also had them playing. Shame. 

Down for the 3rd on this tweet.

Seems like they have a lot of the right people behind them in regards to booking agents, PR etc.

Singer does have a phenomenal voice by the sound of it.

12 hours ago, jplewes said:

Charlotte Adigery and Bolis Pupul looks awesome on the park at glasto... they might clash a bit with the ???, so would soften the blow for me if it's someone I'm not a fan of! 

Such a shame they're probably clashing with the best band on the lineup (Dungen) 😞

I think ??? are Explosions in the Sky.   They're on their "The End" tour (allegedly finishing up after this).  They've a Portugal festival date in August and start their US dates mid September so they've availability and apparently no issues with traveling for singular European festival appearances.  They're still selling tickets for their tour so do not want to sabotage them hence unannounced so far.  They've played EOTR before but not since 2009.  Also the Venn diagram thing on the poster, if it is really a hint (and tbh this is a real stretch), the letters of EOTR and EITS can be represented as a Venn diagram.   The final bit of "evidence"... I would really like it to be them.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, snipe said:

I think ??? are Explosions in the Sky.   They're on their "The End" tour (allegedly finishing up after this).  They've a Portugal festival date in August and start their US dates mid September so they've availability and apparently no issues with traveling for singular European festival appearances.  They're still selling tickets for their tour so do not want to sabotage them hence unannounced so far.  They've played EOTR before but not since 2009.  Also the Venn diagram thing on the poster, if it is really a hint (and tbh this is a real stretch), the letters of EOTR and EITS can be represented as a Venn diagram.   The final bit of "evidence"... I would really like it to be them.

It does look weird that they appear to be in Europe for a single date so I wouldn't entirely rule it out, but also that date is two weeks before EOTR and they really aren't going to go back and forth to and from the US that close together. And it's not like they or their tour is so big that an embargo would be placed upon it.

Edited by SweepingTheNation
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, snipe said:

I think ??? are Explosions in the Sky.   They're on their "The End" tour (allegedly finishing up after this).  They've a Portugal festival date in August and start their US dates mid September so they've availability and apparently no issues with traveling for singular European festival appearances.  They're still selling tickets for their tour so do not want to sabotage them hence unannounced so far.  They've played EOTR before but not since 2009.  Also the Venn diagram thing on the poster, if it is really a hint (and tbh this is a real stretch), the letters of EOTR and EITS can be represented as a Venn diagram.   The final bit of "evidence"... I would really like it to be 

Edited by wolfamongwolves

9 hours ago, snipe said:

I think ??? are Explosions in the Sky.   They're on their "The End" tour (allegedly finishing up after this). 

Where does it says that they are planning to break up or go on hiatus? I can't find any statement from the band.