What would your job at Glastonbury be?

moogster

19 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

I've thought this to and decided that credentials must be one of those things that's the way it is for a really obscure reason that you only realise once you start tinkering and it all falls apart.

I'm pretty sure it could be done, and coming up with a better structure wouldn't be all that difficult, but that the internal politics of the festival will act as a blocker. There's plenty of people within the wider festival organisation who have the ear of Emily and Nick, and who would likely be annoyed by any changes to what suits them. So quickly Emily and Nick will be hearing all about how the proposed changes will be unworkable and that the person who's making them it doesn't understand the issues.

And then nothing changes.

I've got a rough list of ways that I would try to get into the Festival if I ever needed to. Most of them take advantage of the above. One that I probably wouldn't try myself but I'm not certain doesn't already happen is to turn up at Blue Gate in an unusual vehicle without any credentials or documentation whatsoever, and just keep repeating the phrase "But Haggis said it'd be ok", while the gate staff try and fail to radio through to T&C production to confirm, and eventually give up and let you drive onto the site.

19 minutes ago, incident said:

One that I probably wouldn't try myself but I'm not certain doesn't already happen is to turn up at Blue Gate in an unusual vehicle without any credentials or documentation whatsoever, and just keep repeating the phrase "But Haggis said it'd be ok", while the gate staff try and fail to radio through to T&C production to confirm, and eventually give up and let you drive onto the site.

A good friend of mine turned up one year in an airstream motorhome (not caravan) with no way in. Roddy (Shangri-La) production spotted him and said we need that vehicle in our area, then went and obtained the relevant pass and wristband. My friend is now bar manager for Guerilla Bar.

Edited by Skip997

8 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I need to be one of those ones that get paid for it and sent free stuff. 

"#ad. I'm having a super time staying here in Camp Kerala. My helicopter flight here was amazeballs".

Not one that gets paid nowt but people chase you for info and updates? 

42 minutes ago, Franky said:

Food stall quality control manager. 

Leading up to the festival all food stalls would have to produce a range from their menu and I would then deem it suitable or not. 

nom nom nom 

Given the feedback from the council on hygiene for some this year I'm not actually sure I'd want to be the person eating some of the food before they've been inspected and are up to scratch. 

4 hours ago, incident said:

I'm pretty sure it could be done, and coming up with a better structure wouldn't be all that difficult, but that the internal politics of the festival will act as a blocker. There's plenty of people within the wider festival organisation who have the ear of Emily and Nick, and who would likely be annoyed by any changes to what suits them. So quickly Emily and Nick will be hearing all about how the proposed changes will be unworkable and that the person who's making them it doesn't understand the issues.

And then nothing changes.

I've got a rough list of ways that I would try to get into the Festival if I ever needed to. Most of them take advantage of the above. One that I probably wouldn't try myself but I'm not certain doesn't already happen is to turn up at Blue Gate in an unusual vehicle without any credentials or documentation whatsoever, and just keep repeating the phrase "But Haggis said it'd be ok", while the gate staff try and fail to radio through to T&C production to confirm, and eventually give up and let you drive onto the site.

I think the politics is exactly where it'll fall down. You'd take out paper area additions and it turns out that's how Jimmy was getting his daughter and her mates in for free. You say tough shit but it turns out Jimmy's the only one who knows how to turn on some obscure piece of vital equipment and suddenly there's no water on site. 

If I fail at Oxfam or Resale you'll be getting a DM around May asking for tips. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

I think the politics is exactly where it'll fall down. You'd take out paper area additions and it turns out that's how Jimmy was getting his daughter and her mates in for free. You say tough shit but it turns out Jimmy's the only one who knows how to turn on some obscure piece of vital equipment and suddenly there's no water on site. 

Story of my professional life. And how to solve it. Bring it on.

So if I summarize, we should let Worthy farm know we have a B-team ready just in case:

Artistic stuff:

Gas tower curator
Pyramid headliner
Legends Karaoke
Artist Liaison
SE corner art curator / traffic direction (multitasker obviously)
Bin painter
Pyramid design artist

Production manager

Org/admin stuff:

Alcoholic drinks quality assurance manager
Loo cleaner
Social media manager
Credentials master
Kart Police
Bar boss
Marketing
Crowd risk assessment