Elton John: Will You Be There?

Hutchmaster

Elton John: Will You Be There?  

538 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be at the Pyramid for Elton John's Headline Performance?

• 100%: He's a must see!
    • Very, very likely: would take a lot to sway me away
    • On the fence: Wouldn't mind seeing him, but will assess options on other stages.
    • Unlikely: Might go if my crew goes/nothing else takes my fancy, but not too fussed
    • Not a chance: Will definitely be elsewhere

53 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Think you're overestimating the pull of Rudimental and CATQ, the latter of which had a tiny crowd at The Other stage when they headlined. 

Think we're an Other stage headliner light from the announcement so maybe things will change, but as it stands there's nothing big on the Sunday which will draw peeps away from Reg.

I'm not saying they will be packed but their crows will definitely be bigger than Public Service Broadcasting and Dry The River got while Dolly was on.

2 minutes ago, Lucy F said:

I bet you'll all like that naaaaa nanananaaa song, won't you? 

Crocodile Rock? A quick Google suggests...

and it doesnt really matter if people do ... thats the great thing about the festival ...... even sitting on the hill chatting to strangers is great fun ..... we all enjoy it in different ways . 

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

and it doesnt really matter if people do ... thats the great thing about the festival ...... even sitting on the hill chatting to strangers is great fun ..... we all enjoy it in different ways . 

Exactly

7 minutes ago, sisco said:

As i always tell my mates… go see what makes you happy.  Don’t feel like you have to follow the crowd.  That’s the absolutely fantastic thing with Glastonbury, something for everyone

yep, i've ended up in the cabaret tent a few times (the most life i could find on those occasions). when mega headliners have been on.

8 minutes ago, Lucy F said:

I bet you'll all like that naaaaa nanananaaa song, won't you? 

Elton doesn't do Hey Jude that much these days.

Seriously, if Elton isn't for you - run free.. do what makes you happy.  Not sure why you're being funny about it.  With 100-120,000 people at the Pyramid it'll be a bit quieter elsewhere, that's all people are telling you. 

20 minutes ago, Lucy F said:

It's ok to have music tastes that veer from the lowest common denominator. Elton will be a tickbox exercise for most people, I think.

If you don’t want to watch Elton, don’t watch him. Nobody cares.

9 minutes ago, Neil said:

yep, i've ended up in the cabaret tent a few times (the most life i could find on those occasions). when mega headliners have been on.

And they can be some of the best times.  Barring the odd song I realised the other day I’ve pretty not seen any legend act and I can assure the world I was still having lots of fun.  

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Even though there's nothing that big announced yet, they are still likely to attract more people than whatever is scheduled against the Sunday Legend. 

Dolly had Sam Smith on Other (not as big a name in 2014), PSB on West Holts, Phosphorescent on Park, Dry The River/King Charles on JP, Rainy Boy Sleep on Acoustic. Personally I was watching North Mississippi Allstars with about 100 others in Avalon.

I think we know CATQ for sure so far, and probably Rudimental, both bigger pulls than any of those at the time. Arcadia will be in full flow and more going on in SE Corner.

Ah Gnomicide, a heavy heart reading this post. Phosphorescent would be one of favourite bands, but reading about Rainy Boy Sleep (Stevie) going up against Dolly! Knew Stevie and had done a couple of music nights with him around that time. Had heard his new tunes which were absolutely brilliant and he was so excited to get them out into the world. A great guy and sorely missed. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, stuie said:

Elton doesn't do Hey Jude that much these days.

Seriously, if Elton isn't for you - run free.. do what makes you happy.  Not sure why you're being funny about it.  With 100-120,000 people at the Pyramid it'll be a bit quieter elsewhere, that's all people are telling you. 

People are talking rubbish though. In one thread everyone is saying how there's loads of small venues, then in the next breath they're saying all of those venues will be dead. I'm not being funny about anything. 

You can't say anything on this forum without someone trying to man-splain something to you.

23 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

If you don’t want to watch Elton, don’t watch him. Nobody cares.

See? What is the point of saying that? This thread is literally called Elton John: Will you be there?

Edited by Lucy F

26 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

No-one's said that.

Sisco: Yeah all us old people and Elton will stay sat down, doubt we’ll even sing tbf.

Enjoy the empty lively site though…

Neil: if its like fore other mega acts the rest of the site will be dead

And someone backtracked, saying the other mainstages being quiet fell into the remit of the site being dead.

So yeah, another load of twoddle

7 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Says someone who says she’s never been to Glastonbury before 🤣

That's what I'm saying. Just because people have been before, they want to sound clever and put other people down (like what you were just trying to do). But bullshit is bullshit, no matter how many times you've been. Look at all the backtracking when people are called out on it.

Edited by Lucy F

If Elton is up against QOTSA it will probably be the biggest/worst clash I've ever experienced at Glasto. I usually get quite lucky in terms of clashes and am normally always set on who I want to see but not if this comes to fruition.

QOTSA are one of my favourite bands of all-time and I would absolutely hate to miss them, especially as this is the beginning of a new tour/era for them so there's still an excitement for me as to what they'll be like and what sort of set they would play. I've seen them dozens of times but never get bored of them.

However, Elton's set, it goes without saying, will be an 'I was there' moment. I really enjoyed his show in Hyde Park last Summer and even though I would expect an almost identical set, with the added Glastonbury gloss, it will inevitably be unforgettable.

I'm already mentally preparing myself for a decision to be made on the day. But there can be no regrets...

Edited by JA_Watts
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lucy F said:

That's what I'm saying. Just because people have been before, they want to sound clever and put other people down (like what you were just trying to do). But bullshit is bullshit, and it's obvious when someone's talking it.

People having been before would seem to be a pretty good criteria by which to judge what the site might be like.

Edited by kalifire

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

People having been before would seem to be a pretty good criteria to be able to judge what the site might be like.

Yeah, but those people, when pressed, start to say something different. Then suddenly they're saying exactly what I was saying and pretending they were saying it all along 🤔

Is this still about me not liking Taylor Swift?

8 minutes ago, Lucy F said:

Sisco: Yeah all us old people and Elton will stay sat down, doubt we’ll even sing tbf.

Enjoy the empty lively site though…

Neil: if its like fore other mega acts the rest of the site will be dead

And someone backtracked, saying the other mainstages being quiet fell into the remit of the site being dead.

So yeah, another load of twoddle

But the comments you made are all good.

You'll learn what the site is like, enjoy whatever you do. 

Just now, Lucy F said:

Yeah, but those people, when pressed, start to say something different. Then suddenly they're saying exactly what I was saying and pretending they were saying it all along 🤔

Welcome to the internet. 

Really though, wouldn’t you rather enjoy the excitement and hype before your first visit, rather than argue? 

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's no contradiction to say that the rest of the site will be generally deserted, but that certain small venues - that may only take a couple of hundred people to pack out - can still be busy.

So what was wrong with my first post six hours ago that started all this off? 😅 People have just got to have a go, haven't they?

4 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Welcome to the internet. 

Really though, wouldn’t you rather enjoy the excitement and hype before your first visit, rather than argue? 

Takes two to tango. I can't be doing with agreeing with everyone all the time. I know that's what young women should do 🤔

Edited by Lucy F
The people that want to stop the arguing are those that are losing lol

49 minutes ago, Lucy F said:

People are talking rubbish though. In one thread everyone is saying how there's loads of small venues, then in the next breath they're saying all of those venues will be dead. I'm not being funny about anything. 

You can't say anything on this forum without someone trying to man-splain something to you.

Look sweet heart, people are just concerned for you.

Us fellas all know how confused and disoriented you galls get at places like Glastonbury.

If its all a bit over whelming just ask the nearest man.

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Lucy F said:

Takes two to tango. I can't be doing with agreeing with everyone all the time. I know that's what young women should do 🤔

2 minutes ago, Cleetus said:

Look sweet heart, people are just concerned for you.

Us fellas all know how confused and disoriented you galls get at places like Glastonbury.

If its all a bit over whelming just ask the nearest man.

Why is this about gender now? 

Last time I checked it was about ancient oldies sitting down watching Elton and young party heads dancing the night away elsewhere.

Or something.