Elton John: Will You Be There?

Hutchmaster

Elton John: Will You Be There?  

538 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be at the Pyramid for Elton John's Headline Performance?

• 100%: He's a must see!
    • Very, very likely: would take a lot to sway me away
    • On the fence: Wouldn't mind seeing him, but will assess options on other stages.
    • Unlikely: Might go if my crew goes/nothing else takes my fancy, but not too fussed
    • Not a chance: Will definitely be elsewhere

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Will the performance actually be any good? Not bloody likely!

Gotta disagree with this. Sure, vocally he's not where he once was, but still playing the piano like a beast, still a charismatic performer and will have a smokin' band backing him up. 

Add to that, the sense of occasion and the back catalogue and this will be immense.

Just now, maelzoid said:

Gotta disagree with this. Sure, vocally he's not where he once was, but still playing the piano like a beast, still a charismatic performer and will have a smokin' band backing him up. 

Add to that, the sense of occasion and the back catalogue and this will be immense.

I thought he sounded like this these days

Just now, maelzoid said:

Agreed. Same deal as Macca this year. Time takes it toll, but it'll still be a five star gig.

absolutely 

100%

totally and completely

sunday headliners are pretty much the only thing thats 100% guaranteed not to clash with a potential stewarding shift, so without even knowing me duties i know that ill be there, and im really excited, its gonna be brilliant!

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Not watched Macca's performance of Lady Madonna on the same show?

I hadn't, but I have now.  And come on, there's absolutely no comparison.  Macca was quite good, Elton was utterly hilarious.

Seriously though, is he actually ok in a full live situation these days?  Anyone have any more representative videos to share?

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

Seriously though, is he actually ok in a full live situation these days?  Anyone have any more representative videos to share?

The current show is on Disney+ and it's tres bon

Replace that crowd of LA luvvies with a Glasto one and it will be spectacular

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I hadn't, but I have now.  And come on, there's absolutely no comparison.  Macca was quite good, Elton was utterly hilarious.

TBF we will be doing the singing anyway.

Gave up on rushing stage to stage some years ago (notwithstanding that didn't get a tix for the last 2 fests but 18 in a row before that) 

So, unless there is someone I really really want to see elsewhere in the support /sub-support slot I'll be inside the inner barrier at least one act before elton

2 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Surely Sir Paul put to rest the "If their voice isn't as good as it used to be, you won't have a good time" chat? Poor annunciation or not, it's gonna be a rollicking good time. Reg has got 100,000 backing vocalists who will do much of the heavy lifting.

Paul didn't sound like Vic Reeves though.

2 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Surely Sir Paul put to rest the "If their voice isn't as good as it used to be, you won't have a good time" chat? Poor annunciation or not, it's gonna be a rollicking good time. Reg has got 100,000 backing vocalists who will do much of the heavy lifting.

It's been put to bed on dozens of occasions.

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

Paul didn't sound like Vic Reeves though.

Have fun down the SE corner.