Resale Club 2023

Jack.194

2 hours ago, gfa said:

If you need the location of the drop off just say which city, theres people on here who will know and be able to tell you. Guessing your Cambridge - if anyone can help?

Singles do exist yep

Yes Cambridge is closest to us but I note that the singles (she will travel back with us because we only have 3 in the car) are stated as Bath, Bristol, London, Reading and Taunton...

Ideally we would get her a general ticket on Sunday and she would come with us on Tuesday (CV East) but we cant really turn down the extra opportunity..

and what are the chances of getting Wednesday coach tickets..? (I suppose that depends on what has gone back in the pot..)

I can see myself panicking and going for a Manchester or Swansea coach because there are none from Cambridge 😂

5 hours ago, Jack.194 said:

I’m going to post our resale group spreadsheet (in read-only form) to this thread on Thursday just before 6pm and on Sunday just before 9am, if anyone is about to help then we will be eternally grateful for any successful ticket transactions ♥️ hope that’s ok!

Wasn’t going to do this before due to the payment situation, but as it’s been changed that’s less of an issue now luckily!

Hopefully will be able to help out

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BlueDaze said:

Yes Cambridge is closest to us but I note that the singles (she will travel back with us because we only have 3 in the car) are stated as Bath, Bristol, London, Reading and Taunton...

Ideally we would get her a general ticket on Sunday and she would come with us on Tuesday (CV East) but we cant really turn down the extra opportunity..

and what are the chances of getting Wednesday coach tickets..? (I suppose that depends on what has gone back in the pot..)

I can see myself panicking and going for a Manchester or Swansea coach because there are none from Cambridge 😂

Maybe look towards London/Reading if theres no Cambridge.

The singles are pretty limited i think, i'd go in expecting to end up with a return ticket (you don't need to return on the coach, only go - so she can go back with you in the car 🙂 )

Hard to say odds wise, being open to other locations nearby will definitely help, there will probs be hardly any cambridge ones but there may not be many people after them either and londoners just end up snapping them up or vice versa. I'd consider backup locations basically 🙂 

9 hours ago, gfa said:

Maybe look towards London/Reading if theres no Cambridge.

The singles are pretty limited i think, i'd go in expecting to end up with a return ticket (you don't need to return on the coach, only go - so she can go back with you in the car 🙂 )

Hard to say odds wise, being open to other locations nearby will definitely help, there will probs be hardly any cambridge ones but there may not be many people after them either and londoners just end up snapping them up or vice versa. I'd consider backup locations basically 🙂 

We (Oxford) had A LOT of people from London on our coaches (there were 3) last year who had travelled to Oxford on the Tuesday, stayed in a local hotel and then got on the coach to Glastonbury from there.

1 hour ago, jamesrfisher said:

Means that last year would have been successful in the resale! Had a ticket and then it took an age for my bank to approve the transaction (new system) and when it did the ticket had timed out.

Not necessarily. WIth the new system perhaps a bunch of people also with payment problems would have piled in before you. And they now can with bots.

2 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

We (Oxford) had A LOT of people from London on our coaches (there were 3) last year who had travelled to Oxford on the Tuesday, stayed in a local hotel and then got on the coach to Glastonbury from there.

That's my thinking this time, as someone trying coach & resale for the first time. I'll travel, within reason, to somewhere else - if it means getting a Wednesday coach package. Needs must. I've got the Tuesday off so I'll just travel/stay over

4 minutes ago, franathy said:

How do we help out, just pick a group to try for or do we need to be allocated one? 

Was talking about this in our resale group, and it was suggested I make a thread on here with our resale spreadsheet in it, so that anyone who wants to help us can click it and be right there, so I’ll do that closer to the time!

28 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Was talking about this in our resale group, and it was suggested I make a thread on here with our resale spreadsheet in it, so that anyone who wants to help us can click it and be right there, so I’ll do that closer to the time!

There’s no real fair way of dividing those offering help …. Hopefully most help comes from within the groups and friends of friends being seconded . Everyone should really be trying in 1 weeks time to knock the bus people off the list then the pool becomes smaller for main resale on the Sunday . Maybe the spreadsheets get a separate thread for resale so they don’t get lost and anyone can jump on and help anyone of them as and when they want ? So each admin just posts one link and that’s the thread complete . 

37 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

There’s no real fair way of dividing those offering help …. Hopefully most help comes from within the groups and friends of friends being seconded . Everyone should really be trying in 1 weeks time to knock the bus people off the list then the pool becomes smaller for main resale on the Sunday . Maybe the spreadsheets get a separate thread for resale so they don’t get lost and anyone can jump on and help any one of them as and when they want ? So each admin just posts one link and that’s the thread complete . 

Yea that’s what I’m thinking, just a thread for each spreadsheet and nothing else, and hopefully/realistically people will evenly distribute between them just by chance alone.

36 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Actually thinking about it people will need to report in as quickly as possible if they are successfull 

Thought about this, but seeing as those with a successful ticket will get a confirmation it can be down to the lead booker (the one in the resale group chat) to tick their name as green on the spreadsheet once they get that email?

That being said, would I be able to post a live version of the spreadsheet to this forum?

2 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Thought about this, but seeing as those with a successful ticket will get a confirmation it can be down to the lead booker (the one in the resale group chat) to tick their name as green on the spreadsheet once they get that email?

That being said, would I be able to post a live version of the spreadsheet to this forum?

the live spreadsheet will update in real time .... its just a question of how volunteers report back if successful 

3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

the live spreadsheet will update in real time .... its just a question of how volunteers report back if successful 

On our spreadsheet we have a linked efests username, a simple PM to the person you’ve got tickets for should do it, after receiving the PM that person can then tick themselves off on the spreadsheet. 
Would that work?

Edited by Jack.194

2 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

On our spreadsheet we have a linked efests username, a simple PM to the person you’ve got tickets for should do it, after receiving the PM that person can then tick themselves off on the spreadsheet. 
Would that work?

yep think so as long as efests doesnt crash .... its been pretty solid of late so dont expect it to ... just make sure all people have and efest tab open 

• Upvote 1

Hi all, I've got good news for the Resale Crew, and also a question.

First the good news: I bought 5 tickets for some friends in the coach general sale on my card. This morning I've had 2 separate refunds from See Tickets. One for £50 and another for £76. So I think there are 2 more tickets in the pot!

My assumption (although none of them have told me anything) - is that 2 of them have not paid their balance. Hence the £50 refund (2 x £25 deposit returns).

My question: Is the £76 a refund for the coach? And if so, is it just a straight refund of 2 x £38 or do Glastonbury keep some of that like they do the ticket deposit? Apologies if this is answered on the website but I can't seem to find it and I promise I have looked! 

2 minutes ago, robalotalob said:

What will happen to tickets not paid in the 24hr window, a resale of the resale?

We don't know for sure, and it's unlikely to be confirmed publicly, but most likely the same as usually happens with tickets that come available after the resale - they're sold on quietly to people who've been invited to purchase.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Fish Bulb said:

Hi all, I've got good news for the Resale Crew, and also a question.

First the good news: I bought 5 tickets for some friends in the coach general sale on my card. This morning I've had 2 separate refunds from See Tickets. One for £50 and another for £76. So I think there are 2 more tickets in the pot!

My assumption (although none of them have told me anything) - is that 2 of them have not paid their balance. Hence the £50 refund (2 x £25 deposit returns).

My question: Is the £76 a refund for the coach? And if so, is it just a straight refund of 2 x £38 or do Glastonbury keep some of that like they do the ticket deposit? Apologies if this is answered on the website but I can't seem to find it and I promise I have looked! 

Ok I've looked even harder and found my answer. Looks like there are definitely 2 of my group who haven't paid up:

If you are cancelling a ticket + coach travel option a total admin fee of £40 will be retained. You will be refunded your coach fare less a £15 cancellation fee, and your ticket deposit less the £25 cancellation fee.