Guns n Roses

Muppetmark

Just now, Alex DeLarge said:

? Sorry mate, I don't keep up with 30 years of Guns n Roses, considering I'm only 26. I'll be sure to learn their setlists next time.

I just don’t know why one band you don’t like covering another band would make you mad, that’s all. And 30 years after the fact is like still being mad that Last Action Hero wasn’t very good…

Just now, maelzoid said:

I just don’t know why one band you don’t like covering another band would make you mad

Think we've crossed wires there. I don't dislike GnR particularly, I just think it's mad/ weird they're covering a band that's semi-forgotten like the Subs. I'm not angry about it, I think it's fun. Hope you enjoy their set.

1 minute ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Think we've crossed wires there. I don't dislike GnR particularly, I just think it's mad/ weird they're covering a band that's semi-forgotten like the Subs. I'm not angry about it, I think it's fun. Hope you enjoy their set.

Ha ha. Yes, crossed wires. I thought you were saying  that you  were pretty mad! 🤘

• Upvote 1

On 6/1/2023 at 9:50 PM, rubenz said:

To be fair I've seen stuff live at Glasto and thought it sounded decent and then watched the TV footage and it sounded a lot worse so hopefully you are right!

Hopefully they can have a good start and get the crowd singing along.

I often find a big disconnect between my experience in the field and what’s seen on TV. Even what I see on TV after. Just one of them things.

In this case it’s a 60-odd year old who’s lived Axl Roses life, of course he doesn’t sound the same as in 1988. But I’m gonna see a band that, while I’m not a huge fan of them, I’m really pleased about getting the chance to see. Bring it on. I won’t be worrying about how much he’s maiming Night Train when I’m doing the same.

Not sure why there’s been so much pearl clutching over Axl’s voice over the last so many months.

Its isn’t a Michael Bublé concert!

It’s a rock show, and for me it’s entirely about Slash and his amazing guitar sound and iconic riffs.

Just hope its LOUD!

Can’t wait! First GNR timer too! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Cleetus said:

Not sure why there’s been so much pearl clutching over Axl’s voice over the last so many months.

Its isn’t a Michael Bublé concert!

It’s a rock show, and for me it’s entirely about Slash and his amazing guitar sound and iconic riffs.

Just hope its LOUD!

Can’t wait! First GNR timer too! 

very well put!!!

3 hours ago, RatingsAndMoney said:

Riff Raff soundchecked… Can’t wait to see Angus duck walk all over the Pyramid stage! 

If Angus walks out and they do Rosie I'll go absolutely mental

2 hours ago, Cleetus said:

The sound on Pyramid is normally very good, I have high hopes for the upcoming Slashathon 😄

I agree with all the sentiments over his voice. Couldn't really care less. It's the music as well which I'm there for, the vibe, the energy from the crowd. Hope it is a medium sized crowd and there's just the passionate fans left and all the fence-sitters and picnickers have gone off somewhere else to leave the rest of us have the time of our little lives.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I agree with all the sentiments over his voice. Couldn't really care less. It's the music as well which I'm there for, the vibe, the energy from the crowd. Hope it is a medium sized crowd and there's just the passionate fans left and all the fence-sitters and picnickers have gone off somewhere else to leave the rest of us have the time of our little lives.

Where would the picnickers go. Surely the Pyramid is their home?

Maybe Acoustic?

4 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Maybe Acoustic?

The picknickers now pack up their stuff to go and explore the SE corner in full on tourist mode. It's why the festival issued the restrictions on taking kids into the area late at night.

2 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Maybe Acoustic?

Think a large portion will go from Lizzo to Lana, or Christine and the Queens in Woodsies, maybe Avalon for Jake Shears and Mel C?

As long as I'm not tripping on chairs and bags on floors when Welcome to the Jungle comes on, I don't really mind.

• Like 1

Just now, Gnomicide said:

The picknickers now pack up their stuff to go and explore the SE corner in full on tourist mode. It's why the festival issued the restrictions on taking kids into the area late at night.

Damn, so that's where it's all going wrong.

Fortunately I'm going to be in SH a lot this year.

21 hours ago, maelzoid said:

I just don’t know why one band you don’t like covering another band would make you mad, that’s all. And 30 years after the fact is like still being mad that Last Action Hero wasn’t very good…

I think he means it's crazy/funny how they're covering UK Subs, not that he's angry about it. Using the term "mad" in surprise, not annoyance.

Edit: ignore, looks like you've clarified it 😊

Edited by Supernintendo Chalmers

18 hours ago, mungo57 said:

If Angus walks out and they do Rosie I'll go absolutely mental

😄

That would truly be a dream come true for me. A huge part of the soundtrack of my youth. 

The only time that I've ever sung karaoke was to a live band up a mountain in the Italian alps. It was, of course Whole Lotta Rosie. My elder daughter, an adult, literally ran out of the bar and chose to stand in a blizzard rather than listen. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Sawdusty surfer said:

That would truly be a dream come true for me. A huge part of the soundtrack of my youth. 

The only time that I've ever sung karaoke was to a live band up a mountain in the Italian alps. It was, of course Whole Lotta Rosie. My elder daughter, an adult, literally ran out of the bar and chose to stand in a blizzard rather than listen. 

would certainly be an epic moment on El Pointo!

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I think he means it's crazy/funny how they're covering UK Subs, not that he's angry about it. Using the term "mad" in surprise, not annoyance.

Edit: ignore, looks like you've clarified it 😊

You're quite right though. You can see how easily misunderstandings can spiral out of control on this here internet...

1 hour ago, Sawdusty surfer said:

I vividly remember snowboarding past a mountain bar with a live band playing Whole Lotta Rosie once. I'm not saying it was you as I'm sure the song is in a lot of repertoires, but can you remember the resort and year. Les Arcs 2014....?