Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

Just now, Tranquility of Solitude said:

So how are we all feeling about Arctic Monkeys, GnR and Elton? I’m very happy with Elton and will definitely be there, will give GnR a go, clashes permitting, could be fun, and won’t be at Arctic Monkeys.

That’s roughly how we feel. As ever clashes and negotiations with Mrs c will dictate where I end up. 😊

3 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Hi Neil - I interpreted your original comment as thinking of the trans community as being a joke. Obviously I'd love to be proven wrong. Could you please just reassure us that you do in fact believe in trans rights? Cheers

i don't think of the trans community as a joke, i do think there's the possibility to  find some humour in the situation.

37 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I do hope you enjoy the beach.

I remember when we met in person you thanked me for my contribution to this place. Guess that was just a throwaway comment or you’ve forgotten the real reason why this place was a success. The people who used it.

Forums are a people driven platform, they don’t turn on the platform for shits and giggles.

Just find it incredible how you can watch so many people walk out the door and feel nothing.

Oh get over yourself 😆

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 8

5 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Hi Neil - I interpreted your original comment as thinking of the trans community as being a joke. Obviously I'd love to be proven wrong. Could you please just reassure us that you do in fact believe in trans rights? Cheers

you interpreted, means that you chose to take offence even tho there wasn't any offence there

1 minute ago, Neil said:

i don't think of the trans community as a joke, i do think there's the possibility to  find some humour in the situation.

Genuine question, what's the humourous part of "the situation"? Not trying to be facetious, genuinely curious!

3 minutes ago, Kizzie said:

Oh get over yourself 😆

1 minute ago, Kizzie said:

Jesus 🙄

Extremely alarming that you see no problems with anything. It’s a terrible look for you in different ways from Neil.

Edited by Matt42

Just now, Matt42 said:

Extremely alarming that you see no problems with anything. It’s a terrible look for you in different ways from Neil.

it would look worse if i was sucking up to you, because you're worth it? lol 

1 minute ago, scatteredscreens said:

Nothing to 'Jesus' about. It is a transphobic dog whistle. 

its a stement of fact that anyone with a penis is a potential rapist.

Just now, Neil said:

its a stement of fact that anyone with a penis is a potential rapist.

You're missing the point. You're feeding into an idea that trans people are rapists. When the topic is so heated and it's a heavily marginalised community.

See also rhetoric around immigrants that the media love to churn out, that people seeking refuge could be a potential criminal/murderer/coming over here for benefits etc. 

It doesn't help the situation, it helps stir the pot for bigots and fuels hatred against groups of people. People who are already vulnerable. I don't think it's a concept too hard to grasp, but clearly you do.

• Like 2

You're missing the point. You're feeding into an idea that trans people are rapists. When the topic is so heated and it's a heavily marginalised community.

and of course making a big fuss about  a low profile humourous mention  is helping to spread that idea more than that low profile mention. 
(that joke, btw, was lifted from the most recent private eye ). and i trust them to get it right more than i trust the calls being made here

See also rhetoric around immigrants that the media love to churn out, that people seeking refuge could be a potential criminal/murderer/coming over here for benefits etc. 

It doesn't help the situation, it helps stir the pot for bigots and fuels hatred against groups of people. People who are already vulnerable. I don't think it's a concept too hard to grasp, but clearly you do.

it was just a throwaway joke, i didn't realise i was saying it so soon after your sense of humour bypass operation.

Just now, Neil said:

and of course making a big fuss about  a low profile humourous mention  is helping to spread that idea more than that low profile mention. 
(that joke, btw, was lifted from the most recent private eye ). and i trust them to get it right more than i trust the calls being made here

it was just a throwaway joke, i didn't realise i was saying it so soon after your sense of humour bypass operation.

Wow, what a funny joke Neil, thanks, I'm absolutely creasing.

Unlike you to make someone laugh I don't have to punch down on a group of people who are having a horrendous time. A trans girl was murdered less than a month ago btw. But let's just make a laugh at their expense shall we?