Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

26 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

There are plenty of positive posts from me on here, for some reason people either can't see them or chose to ignore them.

I regularly comment on your positive posts and I agree with you about the appeal of them coming back - and unlike many I was sufficiently lubricated to enjoy their last visit. 

It's inconceivable that they would come back reinvigorated and closer than they were. 

1 minute ago, clarkete said:

I regularly comment on your positive posts and I agree with you about the appeal of them coming back - and unlike many I was sufficiently lubricated to enjoy their last visit. 

It's inconceivable that they would come back reinvigorated and closer than they were. 

I know.

You're one of the few. Mind you not surprising looking at the number of times you've been at the festival.

49 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

I swear LG has claimed this over and over again for the last decade. Maybe I'm making that up.

Reunion would give Peter Kay a run for his money in terms of necessary Manchester tickets.

Seems a coincidence that this gets posted the day after Noel announces a new album...

Now this could become the criteria for deciding who can headline - bin off the number of streams and top 10 hits, and cultural legacy - the key criteria is 'has the artist a relative who has played in an FA cup final, or any major sports final at Wembley?........."

"the notorious Wembley Curse that led to players suffer terrible Cup final injuries in the 1950s and 1960s, among them Roy Dwight, Elton John's uncle, who broke his leg at Wembley playing for Nottingham Forest in 1959."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2012/nov/03/wandering-fa-cup-memory-lane?utm_term=63c816340d4356e1a1982f7a30e9ed8c&utm_campaign=TheFiver&utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&CMP=fiver_email

2 minutes ago, Spindles said:

3p2i19u5yvca1.jpg

Someone on reddit posted this.

Won’t be this year, but honestly just throw all the money at her to appear next year. In terms of who’s left on ‘the list’, she’s gotta be right up there at the top, and with a guaranteed hits set there couldn’t be a better time. Make it happen Emily!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Emily has liked Madge tour stuff in the past, not sure it's much of an indicator of anything.

There’s been precedent in the past of Emily liking posts of acts she’s pursuing to play the festival, although that said, maybe that’s just because they’re the only posts she’s liking that I pay attention to/are posted here…

11 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

There’s been precedent in the past of Emily liking posts of acts she’s pursuing to play the festival, although that said, maybe that’s just because they’re the only posts she’s liking that I pay attention to/are posted here…

Do we know if Emily has like posts from acts we know the festival will never book, like James Arthur?

20 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I’m sure Emily would love to get Madge for the farm, think she’s said so in the past, but I don’t think her liking one of her posts means much at this stage.

For what it’s worth; Madge was the act I heard in December. The info I was given didn’t fit with the tour rumours which is why I wasn’t convinced. 

As I said at the time though, I think the guy had his dates mixed up so I wouldn’t be surprised to see her on the bill next year 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, mike46 said:

For what it’s worth; Madge was the act I heard in December. The info I was given didn’t fit with the tour rumours which is why I wasn’t convinced. 

As I said at the time though, I think the guy had his dates mixed up so I wouldn’t be surprised to see her on the bill next year 

Good enough for me. Madonna nailed on for ‘24!

Would be the most insane booking of all time, but the lack of any info whatsoever regards the legend slot suggests an act from overseas. It would be a ridiculous booking from the festival to get her as headliner let alone in the legend slot. Pipedream stuff.

Madonna for 2024 sounds like a reasonable suggestion though.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Won’t be this year, but honestly just throw all the money at her to appear next year. In terms of who’s left on ‘the list’, she’s gotta be right up there at the top, and with a guaranteed hits set there couldn’t be a better time. Make it happen Emily!

Well... I understand wanting to get her, but honestly if she's only interested in a big paycheck, I'm not sure she's doing it for the right reasons. Nobody headlines Glastonbury for the money, they do it for the glory, and I think that attitude has to come into play with regard to their performance. This is not a normal gig.

Just now, maelzoid said:

Well... I understand wanting to get her, but honestly if she's only interested in a big paycheck, I'm not sure she's doing it for the right reasons. Nobody headlines Glastonbury for the money, they do it for the glory, and I think that attitude has to come into play with regard to their performance. This is not a normal gig.

I agree, but if, like the Stones, upping the pay a little (or a lot…) is what it takes to secure her then they’d be stupid not to. 

She's going into overdrive in terms of a career retrospective with album reissues and this tour over the coming two years, and a forthcoming film, so she's probably a lot more malleable in terms of paycheck than she has been in the past.

As a fan I know for a fact she couldn't give a shit about the ~glory~ or ~prestige~ of headlining the festival or she would have done it years ago – she'll just see the hard figures about streaming boosts and promo opportunities and factor that in.

It's risky given her patchy live reputation and the fact she has no control over the broadcast, which is going to be a real sticking point. A year of touring the show, ironing out the kinks and doing it in 2024 to finish the run off makes more sense to me.

16 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I’d imagine if she did it next year she’d tie it in with a highly lucrative BST date too.