Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

Right so sensibly we've dispelled Foos, secret set does seem concievable to me though, you can easily close of JP field like they did with Killers

Now on to U2 - everyone want to band together on solving that one?

I find it very bizzare that my mate who has nothing to do with the forums popped up in my messages saying "Glasto - U2" just mere hours before @Willy-wam-wam-wozzledropped the same info here

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Can somebody explain WHY they would book the Foos so soon again?

Can anyone offer a valid reason for bringing them back?

I don’t think they’ll headline this year but I do think they’re absolutely a contender for 2024. By then they’ll have had two new albums out since they last headlined and while admittedly most people aren’t bothered by them releasing new stuff, it’s a fair gap that other headliners have had too. The fallow year and covid years mean it is still quite soon since their last headline slot but I think seven years is enough time for them to get away with it, basically the same gap as Coldplay in 2011 and 2016. 

They wouldn’t be an exciting booking but they’ll be a big draw when they’re back and I’m sure Emily will be keen to book them again. 

3 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

Not just in my head fella. 

Also don't know why you come in this section so angry, its 9:41 in the morning

It is literally just in your head.

And I’m not angry in the slightest, don’t manifest your feelings on to me.

Foos aren’t headlining, calm down and deal with it.

Just to recap - 

FF isn't happening. All common sense tells us that it's too soon for a return. Maybe a couple more festivals down the line.

U2 isn't happening. Yes, two people have said they've heard it, but ultimately the band isn't active in the right time frame - Larry is out due to recovering from surgery, and Bono is expected to do mini-residences for his half musical half spoken word theatre show in various fashionable cities through the summer.

If it's not GnR, then it's not either of the above either. But it probably is GnR.

2 minutes ago, leath02 said:

Right so sensibly we've dispelled Foos, secret set does seem concievable to me though, you can easily close of JP field like they did with Killers

Now on to U2 - everyone want to band together on solving that one?

I find it very bizzare that my mate who has nothing to do with the forums popped up in my messages saying "Glasto - U2" just mere hours before @Willy-wam-wam-wozzledropped the same info here

I think it’s as simple as a big band making an announcement and lots of people putting 2 and 2 together and getting the answer they want.

Don’t get me wrong I think Bono would love to do it and properly smash it and in that respect whilst Larry is out is Glastonbury’s best chance as he said never again but they must still be very unlikely if there is solid information about AM and GnR. 

3 minutes ago, incident said:

Just to recap - 

FF isn't happening. All common sense tells us that it's too soon for a return. Maybe a couple more festivals down the line.

U2 isn't happening. Yes, two people have said they've heard it, but ultimately the band isn't active in the right time frame - Larry is out due to recovering from surgery, and Bono is expected to do mini-residences for his half musical half spoken word theatre show in various fashionable cities through the summer.

If it's not GnR, then it's not either of the above either. But it probably is GnR.

This U2 answer is the sensible conclusion that I came to whilst deep diving the internet yesterday, and promptly sent to my mate who said they were playing

Then @Willy-wam-wam-wozzlepopped up with the same rumour and threw me off track

Edited by leath02

16 minutes ago, Jose Pose said:

It is literally just in your head.

And I’m not angry in the slightest, don’t manifest your feelings on to me.

Foos aren’t headlining, calm down and deal with it.

ehh?? 

You're badly toxic. 

Edited by TGCarr

24 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I don’t think they’ll headline this year but I do think they’re absolutely a contender for 2024. By then they’ll have had two new albums out since they last headlined and while admittedly most people aren’t bothered by them releasing new stuff, it’s a fair gap that other headliners have had too. The fallow year and covid years mean it is still quite soon since their last headline slot but I think seven years is enough time for them to get away with it, basically the same gap as Coldplay in 2011 and 2016. 

They wouldn’t be an exciting booking but they’ll be a big draw when they’re back and I’m sure Emily will be keen to book them again. 

I still think Reading will get them again before Glastonbury do.

For all of Dave's nice words about GF Reading has always been their spiritual home in this country. Add to that Reading are far less bothered about repeat headliners and have pockets deep enough to make it happen.

Wouldn't be shocked if Melvin is speaking to them right now about 24...

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I still think Reading will get them again before Glastonbury do.

For all of Dave's nice words about GF Reading has always been their spiritual home in this country. Add to that Reading are far less bothered about repeat headliners and have pockets deep enough to make it happen.

Wouldn't be shocked if Melvin is speaking to them right now about 24...

I think the same.

I also think to all the Foo fans who want them back so soon, if you can hold off, it'll be a much better set after being away. I love Radiohead but I don't want them back anytime soon because I know if they did come back in 10-15-20 years it'd hit so much better.

29 minutes ago, Jose Pose said:

The very definition of toxic is wanting a band to headline 2 festivals later because you like them more than one that is already rumoured.

The world doesn’t revolve around you.

When have I ever said I/Myself want Foo Fighters to healdine??!?!?! I just said I think they will?

This is a headliners conversation right? We're all allowed to have a bit of fun jojning in with our suggestions?

I've made it clear I want EJ/Lizzo & Prodigy to be a headliner in some capacity and they are all I really care about, bar Fed Again.

You're the only indiviual with some chip on your shoulder at this time in the mornig trying your hardest to be negative and rude.

Christ

Edited by TGCarr