Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Really poor track record with showing up at anything and seen as a bit of a liability. Wouldn’t stop them trying but I think he’s a massive risk as a headliner.

Ah true, but arguably he’s still better than Axl Rose and GNR are obviously seen as a strong rumour 

4 minutes ago, adcarr_ said:

Just curious how come Frank Ocean isn’t mentioned as a potential headliner? He’s supposed to be active next year with a new album due anytime which will take him to another level of popularity 

I can't see Glastonbury going for him. Imagine he'd be dead cert for Wireless if touring though?

2 minutes ago, Joshuwarr said:

I can't see Glastonbury going for him. Imagine he'd be dead cert for Wireless if touring though?

At the moment it looks Travis Scott is locked in.

Potentially Drake as well. Can't see them having 3 males headline.

Could be completely wrong!

50 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

More because it's brand new and looks bloody incredible. It did Gaga tour last year and a coupe others so does host concerts.

So with Abels Stadium shows at the moment they do look incredible, so wanted something new.

Can't stand Wembley Stadium, shite audio.

London Stadium - Never really been to.

Fair enough yeah that makes sense. Although at the same time, many cities he will be hitting will only have like 1/2 stadiums and most likely those ones will be shit. London is a major stop though I guess

44 minutes ago, adcarr_ said:

Just curious how come Frank Ocean isn’t mentioned as a potential headliner? He’s supposed to be active next year with a new album due anytime which will take him to another level of popularity 

I thought he was incredibly money hungry too - he doesn't just do any show though so maybe he would.

Not actually too sure how big he is over in the UK too - a lot of people would never have heard of him, hes not super active like kendrick is as well

Frank would be incredible (one of my most listened to artists ever) but I just don't see Emily booking him, he just doesn't fit headlining the Pyramid based on the other acts that have done it. They somewhat book too conservatively to get him for that specific slot. 

Really hope he does something like All Points East rather than Wireless though. Fond fond memories of his Lovebox set in 2017. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Regarding Frank, are there rumours of him active next year strong or is it just Coachella?

It wouldn’t surprise me at all if he just played Coachella and that’s it.

It also wouldn’t surprise me if he’s announced for Coachella and doesn’t end up even playing.

He’s just that kind of artist tbh

Edited by Matt42

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

It wouldn’t surprise me at all if he just played Coachella and that’s it.

It also wouldn’t surprise me if he’s announced for Coachella and doesn’t end up even playing.

He’s just that kind of artist tbh

I'm with you on that mindset, hence why i was just checking he wasn't rumoured elsewhere.

4 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

I'm with you on that mindset, hence why i was just checking he wasn't rumoured elsewhere.

Yeah I haven’t heard of him popping up anywhere else, bare in mind I imagine things are kept quite close in his camp so it wouldn’t be surprise me if they managed to keep other dates under wraps.

I just think he books things on a show by show basis and not as part of a wider tour.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah I haven’t heard of him popping up anywhere else, bare in mind I imagine things are kept quite close in his camp so it wouldn’t be surprise me if they managed to keep other dates under wraps.

I just think he books things on a show by show basis and not as part of a wider tour.

He has certainly understood his appeal and value in being this mysterious/inactive artist that he can just take the pay day. He also seems to not give a shit about his fans so he probably doesn't care about doing one or two gigs if the money is good and then dip.

2 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Regarding The Weeknd his dates seemingly rule him out anyway, seems to have at least a day off between gigs and has a gig on the Sat of Glasto

Thursday night at Williams Green then, or wednesday at the bandstand 4pm 

5 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Regarding The Weeknd his dates seemingly rule him out anyway, seems to have at least a day off between gigs and has a gig on the Sat of Glasto

He's in Amsterdam Friday and Dublin Sunday.

Not doing consecutive nights anywhere, yet alone three nights on the spin in different countries.

Think we can rule him out.

2 hours ago, Zacko said:

Frank would be incredible (one of my most listened to artists ever) but I just don't see Emily booking him, he just doesn't fit headlining the Pyramid based on the other acts that have done it. They somewhat book too conservatively to get him for that specific slot. 

Really hope he does something like All Points East rather than Wireless though. Fond fond memories of his Lovebox set in 2017. 

Genuine question. When you say most listened to artists ever is that spotify and stuff? Cos obviously bands have been going 60plus years (beatles, stones, who, so even tho they arent as popular now - purely by time they must have billions of listens?