Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

I think I've stumbled onto something...

Super Bowl Performer   Glastonbury Headliner   Year     

Bruce Springsteen         Bruce Springsteen          2009

Coldplay                         Coldplay                           2016

Rihanna                           ????                                  2023 

Looks like every 7 years Glasto shares a headliner with the Superbowl - Rihanna confirmed discussion over 

Said this on the other place too, but I don't think Blur are being discussed enough. We are told they are doing Wembley next July, but would that be their only show? We know for a fact that they're not at IOW/TRSNMT/Latitude and Reading aren't booking them any time soon.

Could be a headliner under our noses all along.

• Like 1

Just now, Hugh Jass II said:

Said this on the other place too, but I don't think Blur are being discussed enough. We are told they are doing Wembley next July, but would that be their only show? We know for a fact that they're not at IOW/TRSNMT/Latitude and Reading aren't booking them any time soon.

I'm thinking this too. But would they make Glastonbury their first gig back?

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Seem more likely for a secret set i think if they were to do just one other show. Wonder if european fests will start announcing them soon perhaps - then it could be more likely.

Not too hard to believe for Reading either i'd say given they booked RATM twice. Had LG too in 2021 so its not like britpop hasn't been booked recently

1 minute ago, TGCarr said:

All I’ve ever wanted to see at Glasto were

Prodigy now dead certs

Sam Fender - 50/50

Lizzo so she can strangle me.

Looks positive so far 

Reckon there is next to no chance Sam will be there next year.

Lizzo and Prodigy look nailed on though - I'll see you there! 

Starting to shape up nicely 

29 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Matt Healy tackles a Growler live on the Pyramid stage and doesn't play a single song.

Sounds good to me. 

Actually ran into the owner of the Meat Machine in July as he was hired for our friends wedding, he was really happy to hear that people remember and really enjoyed his food. Just a little deviation!

21 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I think a if a Wembley show does happen then there'd be other shows as well - but I'm not assuming it'd necessarily involve festivals. Could see them doing a handful of stadiums and maybe the odd arena as a 5-6 date hit and run tour.

For them Glastonbury always has the question mark of whether they'd want to go back given that they're not going to top 2009. Though obviously nobody here really knows whether that's even a consideration for them or not.

8 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Reckon there is next to no chance Sam will be there next year.

Lizzo and Prodigy look nailed on though - I'll see you there! 

Starting to shape up nicely 

Yeah Fender was always a hope, can’t even make the Toon shows either after promising to take my sister Pink 😂🤦🏽‍♂️

2 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

Yeah Fender was always a hope, can’t even make the Toon shows either after promising to take my sister Pink 😂🤦🏽‍♂️

TBF - Pink puts on a cracking show.  Saw her at Wembley a few years ago - so many bangers.  Would love to see her on the Farm sometime

1 hour ago, tobydlb said:

idk if anyone watched the 1975 livestream from MSG last night but they absolutely crushed it. Think they showed they've got what it takes to headline imho

Watched about ten minutes of them at Leeds this year. They did look really good but their music has just never done it for me. It's way too "sugary".

49 minutes ago, GmasterWomble said:

I think I've stumbled onto something...

Super Bowl Performer   Glastonbury Headliner   Year     

Bruce Springsteen         Bruce Springsteen          2009

Coldplay                         Coldplay                           2016

Rihanna                           ????                                  2023 

Looks like every 7 years Glasto shares a headliner with the Superbowl - Rihanna confirmed discussion over 

Genius