Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

I'm sat trying to think if Ariana would ever do it (in general). I'd bloody love that! Trying to figure out if the money would be an issue, she hasn't got a tour and hasn't released an album in 2 years although had that rapid succession of a few. Hmm...

Saw Dua Lipa on the John Peel in 2017 and she was a bit meh. She’s clearly gotten a lot bigger since then, but don’t think I’d be at the Pyramid for her. If Arctic’s are also headlining, that would (for me) be another one I’d swerve. Quite cool if that’s the case, but I would like at least one Pyramid headliner, so one of Elton, Rihanna or GnR would do. Florence would be ok too, although I saw her in 2015.

1 minute ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Saw Dua Lipa on the John Peel in 2017 and she was a bit meh. She’s clearly gotten a lot bigger since then, but don’t think I’d be at the Pyramid for her. If Arctic’s are also headlining, that would (for me) be another one I’d swerve. Quite cool if that’s the case, but I would like at least one Pyramid headliner, so one of Elton, Rihanna or GnR would do. Florence would be ok too, although I saw her in 2015.

Yeah I can imagine - she definitely lacked stage presence back then and we all know the pencil sharpener dance move. Seen some of her tour footage and looks pretty good - it's probably more that I just fancy her, let's be fair.

Dua Lipa now is a completely different beast to how she was when she last played. She’s come leaps and bounds.

Future Nostalgia came out in 2020. I would think that new material from her would come in 2023, even if it’s late 2023.

It could work if a few singles are ready for her headline set. With the full album either coming out in the autumn or the winter?

Of course it’s all just speculation but you can’t argue against the fact that if Taylor is out of the way, it’s really Dua’s for the taking when it comes to female headliners in line to do it.

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Dua Lipa now is a completely different beast to how she was when she last played. She’s come leaps and bounds.

Future Nostalgia came out in 2020. I would think that new material from her would come in 2023, even if it’s late 2023.

It could work if a few singles are ready for her headline set. With the full album either coming out in the autumn or the winter?

Of course it’s all just speculation but you can’t argue against the fact that if Taylor is out of the way, it’s really Dua’s for the taking when it comes to female headliners in line to do it.

Would probably agree with you if we didn’t have info of Rihanna being in talks yesterday. That info may be bollocks, but it’s more info than we currently have on Dua, even if she does seem like the obvious and easy to get Taylor step-in.

2 minutes ago, 2loor2iller said:

Would probably agree with you if we didn’t have info of Rihanna being in talks yesterday. That info may be bollocks, but it’s more info than we currently have on Dua, even if she does seem like the obvious and easy to get Taylor step-in.

Completely agree and Rihanna would be mint, my thought was whether they would keep Dua on standby if efforts to secure a trickier headliner would fall through? Try Rihanna but if that doesn’t work there is an alternative.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Completely agree and Rihanna would be mint, my thought was whether they would keep Dua on standby if efforts to secure a trickier headliner would fall through? Try Rihanna but if that doesn’t work there is an alternative.

Who knows what happens if Rihanna doesn’t pan out. Eminem was mentioned so there’s every chance they’ve been in talks with him also as another alternative. All I know is that Dua hasn’t been mentioned at all in any of the rumours/leaks/whatever so maybe she’s just not somebody they’re looking at for next year (imo, because she wants to do it properly with a new album, whether that be in ‘24 or later). 

7 minutes ago, 2loor2iller said:

Who knows what happens if Rihanna doesn’t pan out. Eminem was mentioned so there’s every chance they’ve been in talks with him also as another alternative. All I know is that Dua hasn’t been mentioned at all in any of the rumours/leaks/whatever so maybe she’s just not somebody they’re looking at for next year (imo, because she wants to do it properly with a new album, whether that be in ‘24 or later). 

Well yeah that’s exactly what I’m saying, she’s not fully in contention right now because they are exploring other options, but we don’t know if G and team put feelers out.

If other options fall through and they offer it to her, then the rumours / leaks will probably advance. She could emerge as a contender in the new year depending on how things go.

2 hours ago, downtherabbithole said:

shes the 16th most streamed artist in the world, 100% headliner

Efests does not believe in streaming metrics cause out of that top 10 alone only 2 have even headlined/performed at the festival. So if the eavii were trying to book that way it hasnt worked at all when it comes to "biggest acts in the world". Also shows the disconnect between getting paid or not.

Edited by Suprefan

24 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Odds on AM whipping out something old for Glastonbury? Leeds set last year was underwhelming as hell due to the lack of proper classics, just give the people want they want Alex. 

Now that they’ve got a new album out? Less so. The sets they were playing this year were about as much of a greatest hits set as you’re gonna get from them these days. My guess would be Glastonbury will look similar except some of the deep cuts replaced with songs from The Car. They’ve even started playing the new arrangement of 505 at their shows now which will piss people off I’m sure.

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Efests does not believe in streaming metrics cause out of that top 10 alone only 2 have even headlined/performed at the festival. So if the eavii were trying to book that way it hasnt worked at all when it comes to "biggest acts in the world". Also shows the disconnect between getting paid or not.

The Eavii clearly aren’t trying to book that way though, 4 out of those 10 (BTS, Bad Bunny, Bieber and Post Malone) are just not acts they’d go for regardless of their streaming figures

Edited by Mouseboy11

31 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

The Eavii clearly aren’t trying to book that way though, 4 out of those 10 (BTS, Bad Bunny, Bieber and Post Malone) are just not acts they’d go for regardless of their streaming figures

3 of them are. But this just shows how small minded people are in that bts or bad bunny cannot get any respect no matter what they do. Can check all the boxes and just arent "worthy" because they sing in a different language. But ya know, Rosalia or Stromae are "cool" bookings cause they arent going to harm anyones ego in their placements.

2 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

3 of them are. But this just shows how small minded people are in that bts or bad bunny cannot get any respect no matter what they do. Can check all the boxes and just arent "worthy" because they sing in a different language. But ya know, Rosalia or Stromae are "cool" bookings cause they arent going to harm anyones ego in their placements.

You are small minded because you cannot get to grips with the fact that Bad Bunny won’t headline Glasto, not because he sings in a different language, not because we’re all racists, but because he simply isn’t very popular here. 

11 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

I bought tickets to Primavera the other year where Bad Bunny was booked to headline and was looking forward to him until he wasn’t rebooked. I’m not close minded I just don’t think glasto will book him to headline here because I don’t have soup for brains

24 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

People don’t give a shit about Bad Bunny in the U.K. and he won’t be headlining any major festivals here, much like nobody gives a shit about Biffy Clyro in America and they won’t be headlining any major festivals there and yet have headlined Reading/Leeds here. Really don’t know why this is so hard for you to understand. His global streaming numbers may be huge but the U.K. isn’t contributing to them so why would our biggest festival want him to headline? If he actually shows some interest in playing, which I’m sure he won’t, he can do so further down the lineup. 

Edited by 2loor2iller

5 hours ago, henry bear said:

The difference this year being a source of @roughbloke, who gave the correct info for this year’s headliners, saying he’s doing it, and the fact that Reg rescheduled those Paris gigs that would have had him playing there during next year’s Glasto weekend.

I understand roughbloke has since said he got slightly different info off another source that said TS was playing, but clearly that is wrong, whereas the previous source appears, on the face of it, to be more reliable 

So yeah, I’ve heard from two different places that AM are in.

I’ve also heard from two different places that GnR are in but with two contradicting scenarios…one where they replaced Taylor, another where Taylor was the third headliner. 

From the first source, the trio was AM, GNR and Elton. Second source = AM, GNR and Taylor.

we all know now Taylor looks like she is out so it definitely leaves the 3rd one up for grabs OR Elton is in for the Sunday.

I agree with a lot of people here that glasto not having a female headliner is odd but equally, they can only book what is available PLUS Emily’s comments saying some years they will have 3 ‘’male’ headliners could point towards the first set of pyramid toppers. 

if the 3rd isn’t Reg, then I expect Rihanna, Beyoncé or Flo. I haven’t heard anything on this though. All I’ve been told is Beyoncé is starting her stadium dates in May next year which (to me) puts her out of the picture. 

Disclaimer: Literally just passing on what I heard. I’m not claiming to be 100% in the know. But these rumours came from very good sources. 

• Upvote 4

30 minutes ago, roughbloke said:

So yeah, I’ve heard from two different places that AM are in.

I’ve also heard from two different places that GnR are in but with two contradicting scenarios…one where they replaced Taylor, another where Taylor was the third headliner. 

From the first source, the trio was AM, GNR and Elton. Second source = AM, GNR and Taylor.

we all know now Taylor looks like she is out so it definitely leaves the 3rd one up for grabs OR Elton is in for the Sunday.

I agree with a lot of people here that glasto not having a female headliner is odd but equally, they can only book what is available PLUS Emily’s comments saying some years they will have 3 ‘’male’ headliners could point towards the first set of pyramid toppers. 

if the 3rd isn’t Reg, then I expect Rihanna, Beyoncé or Flo. I haven’t heard anything on this though. All I’ve been told is Beyoncé is starting her stadium dates in May next year which (to me) puts her out of the picture. 

Disclaimer: Literally just passing on what I heard. I’m not claiming to be 100% in the know. But these rumours came from very good sources. 

I reckon the truth is a hybrid of the 2. GNR in but it isn’t in place of Taylor. 

5 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

U2 performing Achtung Baby bas entered the chat.

https://www.u2songs.com/news/bono_talks_about_2023_las_vegas_plans

They basically did that in 2011.

Edit: Actually only 5 off it, it felt like more.

Screenshot_20221105_233318.thumb.jpg.cf1d621f0b809450693ae57371e7ad29.jpg

Edited by Gnomicide

48 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

AM, GNR, Elton gives me the chance of two nights away from Pyramid.. seeing AM the week before, saw GnR at Reading 2010 and have no desire to see them again. Bring it on.

Just need a ticket now 🥶

Was Leeds for me in 2010 and GnR were woeful. Fair enough Slash is back but struggling to see how they can nail it in 2023. They have the tunes and technology is a wonderful thing so you never know.

Reg would deliver big, other 2 could see a load of folk drifting away.