2024 Headliners

32 minutes ago, smogo said:

I don't think I've ever met anyone who likes Coldplay. How do they manage to sell out massive shows? Who are their fans and why?

I'd hazard a guess that there's a very good chance you do know people who like them, but they wouldn't admit it to you. I wouldn't bother telling a certain type of person about some music I actually like - not worth the hassle battling with someone who has no concept of subjectivity.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I went to Coldplay last year at the same concert we’re 2 other efesters @funkychick2007 and @DareToDibble all there independently all going to Glastonbury this year and all very likely to be watching Coldplay 

We saw them in Glasgow on that tour, so add me and Mrs c to that list😊😉

Just now, Nobody Interesting said:

We have never seen Coldplay live.

Not big fans but their music is fine but I do know that it will be  a big party at Glastonbury and so we may well go and watch them and join in and have some fun. Cos, well why not.

And that’s the correct reaction! 

Honestly, the whole 'Who is SZA?' shitck is incredibly ignorant, from my point of view. She's more than capable of headlining and easily has the draw - just because a few rock n roll heads don't listen to that sort of music, doesn't mean she isn't capable. 

Stats are stats and at the end of the day, she has an audience of 70m monthly on Spotify alone, one of the biggest albums of the decade so far as well as featuring on two of the biggest albums to come out last year. I get it not being the music you're into; but honestly if you've never heard of an artist that popular who has dominated so much of the charts for the last couple years, then it's a you problem - not the festival 'running out of options'. 

Saw someone say Foals would draw in a bigger crowd ffs

6 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

We have never seen Coldplay live.

Not big fans but their music is fine but I do know that it will be  a big party at Glastonbury and so we may well go and watch them and join in and have some fun. Cos, well why not.

They'll put on a good show, they always do.

But if you've seen it before then there's no real need to do so again.

1 minute ago, Nobby's Old Boots said:

Find these comments so silly personally. Just no logic at all that I can see.

Enjoy something? Well make sure you never EVER do it again.

Yes, that's exactly what I said.

Point more is that they're very much a known quantity. Time at Glastonbury is precious and I would rather seek out something different to the exact same experience I've had before.

15 hours ago, Superscally said:

Would pull a bigger crowd than Coldplay Dua Sza...regardless of your views...

you think Dua gets a smaller crowd than foals or KoL? you are having a laugh.

4 minutes ago, Nobby's Old Boots said:

Find these comments so silly personally. Just no logic at all that I can see.

Enjoy something? Well make sure you never EVER do it again.

I love Blade Runner but I don't need to watch it every week. 

3 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

There's something of a difference between "every week" and "8 years later".

• Upvote 1

Just now, incident said:

There's something of a difference between "every week" and "8 years later".

Right, but Coldplay will basically do exactly the same set. Give or take a few tracks off their past two albums no-one cares about and some guests.

Some artists surprise you every time with something fresh, whereas Coldplay are the old reliable. 

Just now, Alex DeLarge said:

Right, but Coldplay will basically do exactly the same set. Give or take a few tracks off their past two albums no-one cares about and some guests.

Some artists surprise you every time with something fresh, whereas Coldplay are the old reliable. 

I’m personally not going to remember a Setlist from 8 years ago …. All I remember is enjoying them but hopefully a bonus this time will be a lack of rain and a Fri appearance so I’ve got a bit more energy 

23 minutes ago, SpencerF said:

Honestly, the whole 'Who is SZA?' shitck is incredibly ignorant, from my point of view. She's more than capable of headlining and easily has the draw - just because a few rock n roll heads don't listen to that sort of music, doesn't mean she isn't capable. 

Stats are stats and at the end of the day, she has an audience of 70m monthly on Spotify alone, one of the biggest albums of the decade so far as well as featuring on two of the biggest albums to come out last year. I get it not being the music you're into; but honestly if you've never heard of an artist that popular who has dominated so much of the charts for the last couple years, then it's a you problem - not the festival 'running out of options'. 

Saw someone say Foals would draw in a bigger crowd ffs

I don’t see how it’s ignorant to say you don’t know who someone is, I had genuinely never hear of her until yesterday. I’m not the demographic for their music and that’s fine and not saying they can’t headline but I do expect it would be the smallest crowd of the weekend- still way better than having someone like GNR last year who were past it by any means 

Just now, Alex DeLarge said:

"The sources have all been wrong this year. Anyway here's twenty pages where we discuss Coldplay who haven't been announced yet."

You are taking 2 or maybe 3 peoples posts here … there’s plenty of others that believe the accuracy and others who don’t have a clue as they’ve no heard of these people or know of individual records . I do believe the bsr stuff … not sure on the other yet as I still haven’t a clue who it is . As ever and it was the same with neil some will believe and some won’t . That’s kind of life . And for anyone with info please feel free to post it or go through efestivals or one of the other mods who will do it for you . 

23 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

I watched blade runner once and the experience was so amazing and impossible to repeat, blade runner should never be watched by anyone because it will never live up to it. Regardless of whether someone hasn't watched it but wants to, or wants to watch it again.

NB - I know you weren't making this point but it sort of works.

Sort of.

I don't know... playing devils advocate here but whilst I don't agree with the whole 'who?' ignorance... (unless if it's to wind up The National fans 😜)... I think when you get that many 'who's?' It does somewhat say something and you can't just completely dismiss that... at the end of the day Glastonbury isn't just for the kids and it's no good telling people they're just not cool enough. That's what makes it a somewhat risky booking. It's not even about who deserves it, credentials etc. It's a big old field to fill and could end up with other parts of the festival very busy which they obviously have to be considering with all their bookings. There'll be plenty of young people who don't automatically know/like SZA just because they are young... I'm sure there'll be plenty of young uns who will still be elsewhere on site. Anyway, who knows. We really won't know until the day!! But there are other insights and data they have accessible to them which we don't. They have everyone's age etc on their memberships and that will be linked to other see tickets data about the types of acts those people are interested in etc. They know who's coming. Maybe they know it'll be alright 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

Anyway, I'm alright I've heard and listened to SZA so I'm pleased that it makes me cool and up to date 🤣😊

• Upvote 1