2024 Headliners

5 hours ago, Sorcha17 said:

Same as this, apparently taken by an electrician working at Worthy Farm

CDN media

At least this one has the same logo as Glasto used themselves in their last news post about the emerging talent competition. With only yellow, red, orange and pink letters.

19 hours ago, Sorcha17 said:

CDN media

It's not an unrealistic dig either. Biffy Clyro on there too which I can see all day long. Not exclusively to Victorious and nowhere else they can really go. Stevie Nicks taking the Legend slot with Shania after aka Kylie and Mylie. I don't think it's real but a lot are likely.

2 hours ago, northernangel said:

It's not an unrealistic dig either. Biffy Clyro on there too which I can see all day long. Not exclusively to Victorious and nowhere else they can really go. Stevie Nicks taking the Legend slot with Shania after aka Kylie and Mylie. I don't think it's real but a lot are likely.

I think Biffy are probably a good shout as well for somewhere on the bill. It's been a while since they have been there and as you say nowhere else they would really fit in the UK now this year.

13 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Kind of expecting Biffy to have a day at APE rather than be at Glastonbury, although maybe there’s good reason why they can’t do that. 

Perhaps Victorious have some kind of contract to stop them doing that? Same weekend and relatively nearby - seems unlikely though

They haven't even bothered to update their live shows webpage for this year yet haha

28 minutes ago, gfa said:

Perhaps Victorious have some kind of contract to stop them doing that? Same weekend and relatively nearby - seems unlikely though

They haven't even bothered to update their live shows webpage for this year yet haha

APE is over 2 weekends so the second weekend is the same as Victorious but those have all been announced (Fri:LCD/Sat:Justice/Sun:Postal Service).

That would mean the weekend before would be possible as only the Sat (Loyle Carner) has been announced.

So yeah, APE is possible.

Every one of these "leaks" has Stevie Nicks on it. Is it just the all but confirmed BST date we have on her, or is there something else suggesting she is playing?

I feel like she could be a big disappointing omission when the real thing drops.

59 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

APE is over 2 weekends so the second weekend is the same as Victorious but those have all been announced (Fri:LCD/Sat:Justice/Sun:Postal Service).

That would mean the weekend before would be possible as only the Sat (Loyle Carner) has been announced.

So yeah, APE is possible.

Despite this Victorious may not like it as it could hurt sales - mind you its been on sale months now

APE also do the Monday some years

46 minutes ago, Krisesk said:

Every one of these "leaks" has Stevie Nicks on it. Is it just the all but confirmed BST date we have on her, or is there something else suggesting she is playing?

I feel like she could be a big disappointing omission when the real thing drops.

Trustworthy people who have been around here years have said she is doing it

Anything is possible but i'd be surprised if she isn't there

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, gfa said:

Despite this Victorious may not like it as it could hurt sales - mind you its been on sale months now

I thought Stevie Nicks was more in the category of hopeful rather than any real expectations based on any info? Is there more than hope?

Also just for absolute clarity - when you say "doing it" are you referring to Glastonbury or BST?

Edited by gherkin8r

24 minutes ago, gfa said:

Amazing!! Stevie Nicks at Glastonbury will be an timer for me!! 

1 hour ago, gfa said:

don't quote me on this - i think its more likely than not based on rumours flying around but by no means 100% a lock

The last thing i'd want to do is provide false hope for no reason - but its looking promising

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, gfa said:

don't quote me on this - i think its more likely than not based on rumours flying around but by no means 100% a lock

The last thing i'd want to do is provide false hope for no reason - but its looking promising

Nice FMac reference in there

Optically, Mr Wonder and Ms Nicks on the final day makes for Stevie Sunday - Too good an opportunity to pass up Emily,  make it happen

• Upvote 2

On 2/11/2024 at 12:49 PM, Sorcha17 said:

CDN media

19 I'd see on here so would personally be thrilled. Looks very professional and names are all realistic, there's some house bands there as well as curveballs and acts people would love to return.

2 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

19 I'd see on here so would personally be thrilled. Looks very professional and names are all realistic, there's some house bands there as well as curveballs and acts people would love to return.

I'd be happy with it but it's gotta be fake.  I don't think IDLES can play because they are in France. The Last Dinner Party played last year.  Romy played about 3 times last year.  Lorde was only there in 2022 and hasn't released anything new.  So it's pretty good but enough on there which really unlikely to happen for it to be fake.

Just now, glimmers_of_hope said:

I'd be happy with it but it's gotta be fake.  I don't think IDLES can play because they are in France. The Last Dinner Party played last year.  Romy played about 3 times last year.  Lorde was only there in 2022 and hasn't released anything new.  So it's pretty good but enough on there which really unlikely to happen for it to be fake.

All are good points but I could also see all of those being feasible - entirely depends on the act. It's very likely fake as also would a GFL employee just leave the lineup open on their screen? Also the tradesmen would surely realise that there'd be consequences to leaking information from the offices.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, discgoesmic said:

All are good points but I could also see all of those being feasible - entirely depends on the act. It's very likely fake as also would a GFL employee just leave the lineup open on their screen? Also the tradesmen would surely realise that there'd be consequences to leaking information from the offices.

It's fake because we're at best 3-4 and more likely 5-6 weeks from a poster drop, and so it's exceptionally unlikely that a full graphics+content poster has even been created yet.

I'd point out that to the best of my recollection, GFL has never had an actual leak of this nature but there are always numerous claimed leaks every year that turn out to be bullshit.