2024 Headliners

Just now, Gnomicide said:

Wahey! Unless you're serious. In which case, skipping it.

Soz, I'm getting properly frustrated with the lack of info at this stage. 

I was at the festival and didn't see Miley in 2019 but my cynical "not as good as it used to be" mate who has never been to the festival text me saying he watched her set live on the BBC and said it was brilliant. I thought at the time he was being sarcastic but turns out he actually did love it.

40 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

The names they've mentioned have all been widely discussed and accepted as playing on here for weeks, if not months now. Shania Twain is not headlining, but she'll have a prominent spot in the Sunday slot (however they want to label it this year), worthy of note.

I'm not sure this article adds anything new to the discussion at all. 

No, no, we look like fools now and Supre has won the American vs. British festival battle that he’s concocted in his mind, don’t you see?

As someone who is absolutely not going I love this whiplash of everything from bagging Madonna for an all-timer with Dave as a sub to Shania up top with Elbow as a sub. 

This feels like such a soft year everywhere that I give this 50/50 odds of being a top 3 lineup in all of Europe (for general booking quality, not for my taste). 

6 minutes ago, On The Blend said:

As someone who is absolutely not going I love this whiplash of everything from bagging Madonna for an all-timer with Dave as a sub to Shania up top with Elbow as a sub. 

This feels like such a soft year everywhere that I give this 50/50 odds of being a top 3 lineup in all of Europe (for general booking quality, not for my taste). 

Yep… it’s weak everywhere - UK and Europe line ups so far are generally exciting and as Supre has helpfully shown us it’s pretty miserable across the pond too. 

If you have to take a year off festivals due to kids/work/life then it’s looking like a good year for it 😂

16 minutes ago, stuie said:

Yep… it’s weak everywhere - UK and Europe line ups so far are generally exciting and as Supre has helpfully shown us it’s pretty miserable across the pond too. 

If you have to take a year off festivals due to kids/work/life then it’s looking like a good year for it 😂

All subjective of course but I'm still hopeful it's going to be great. Maybe being old and out of touch means a "weak" lineup for most people is good for me 

Edited by gherkin8r

2 hours ago, stuie said:

I'm confident it'll be great where and when it matters, i.e. between midnight and 6am in Arcadia/Silver Hayes/Block 9/The Common

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Suprefan said:

And theyll laugh all the way to the bank when this is all correct and you lot just keep denying. I guess Emily saw what Coachella always does and went the same route to get some info out.

Either I've completely missed the point here or you think the phrase "laughing all the way to the bank" means something different.

Why does a poorly written article containing no new information mean they'll make money?

2 minutes ago, Nobby's Old Boots said:

Either I've completely missed the point here or you think the phrase "laughing all the way to the bank" means something different.

Why does a poorly written article containing no new information mean they'll make money?

I'm pretty sure the answer is Coachella 

On 2/7/2024 at 6:16 AM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Madonna has announced a concert in Miami that's being billed as the 'final show' of the Celebration Tour.

We know she's out, but that seems to confirm it.

She might be out (we don't know) but it won't have anything to do with that.

Acts finish tours then appear at festivals all the time. I doubt many of them even consider a festival set to be part of their tour.

1 hour ago, Nobby's Old Boots said:

Cash registers? 

Who knows.  The whole Glasto v Coachella thing, on a Glasto forum, is getting a bit tedious.