2024 Headliners

57 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

There's clips of that experience in the Glastonbury After Hours documentary 

Oh brilliant I'll take a look.  We were not of sound mind at the time and we've questioned our recollection of the experience ever since! 🙂 

38 minutes ago, mouserat said:

Do we think this is the only factor holding things up? I was wondering last night if the possibility of dropping a poster with lots of names first - rather than just a standalone announcement of one or two headliners - means there are acts elsewhere on the bill holding things up too.

I think we won't get much (and certainly not Dua) until a poster drop in early March.  

She is at the Grammys this weekend, then releasing the second single from her album in 2 weeks from now.  Presumably an album announcement, and likely a tour announcement to come very soon as well.  Then it's the Brits on 2nd March.    I'd imagine they will get most of that out of the way before doing the Glasto announcement - which means it'll be a few weeks rather than a few days.

22 hours ago, AndyL16 said:

each to there own, like @stuie said, he has a pull for people that wouldn't normally go for electronic dance music, I've always enjoyed seeing him around the festival.

Albeit his set is a bit repetitive 👀 - you can watch his 2012 creamfields set on youtube and pretty much see the same thing this year. But its fun and people like it. On a personal note, his tech set he done and shared on soundcloud this year was special, very rare set from him, highly recommend. 

Petition to get more Fatboy sets like this 👇

While its good for FBS to get people into dance, the SEC is already packed to the rafters!!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Anyone else think it's brave of Dua to be doing stadiums?

I seem to remember her Future Nostalgia tour in arenas there were always tickets available.

Yeah, it does seem ambitious, especially after Houdini kinda flopped and her leaving it this late to announce the dates. I thought it would make total sense by now but her comeback thus far hasn’t set the world on fire like I’m sure a lot of people were expecting. Still holding out for single #2 to be the one to kick things off properly.

17 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Yeah, it does seem ambitious, especially after Houdini kinda flopped and her leaving it this late to announce the dates. I thought it would make total sense by now but her comeback thus far hasn’t set the world on fire like I’m sure a lot of people were expecting. Still holding out for single #2 to be the one to kick things off properly.

She's released 1 single - no?

7 minutes ago, westholtschic said:

IMG_0594.png

Someone is saying in the big weekend thread shes doing that

could see it being like

Big Weekend

UK Stadiums

Glasto

The rest

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Surely Dua has to be soon? Are there any events or award shows coming up where it could get decent exposure? 

Can't imagine Coldplay alone getting much of a fanfare and if it is Stevie and he's at BST, they'll want to shift tickets before allowing Glastonbury to announce him. 

Or will they wait for the impact of announcing the headliners with the initial poster?

It's a weird one this year. Could be next week, could be late March.

It's certainly an odd 'un this year round. Altho I'm sure there's been years when it's been this late before that not even one headliner has been announced yet, it does feel later than usual.

Dua/Coldplay/Stevie would be a cracking set of headliners though. I'm not sure Stevie could be topped from 2010, so I wouldn't want to revisit, but for those who missed out, what a great second chance.

Dua I could take or leave, but undoubtedly she's popular enough. Coldplay are on my wishlist as someone I've never seen live. Their shows look spectacular and they're a real farm favourite.

20 minutes ago, gfa said:

She's released 1 single - no?

Yeah I don't get this 'failed comeback' narrative, Barbie was half a year ago and she was responsible for the biggest song on its soundtrack (sorry Ryan Gosling). I don't listen to radio and maybe Houdini hasn't been an overplayed ever-present on commercial stations but it's hardly like she came out and shat the bed - it reached number two in the chart.

Just now, mouserat said:

Yeah I don't get this 'failed comeback' narrative, Barbie was half a year ago and she was responsible for the biggest song on its soundtrack (sorry Ryan Gosling). I don't listen to radio and maybe Houdini hasn't been an overplayed ever-present on commercial stations but it's hardly like she came out and shat the bed - it reached number two in the chart.

It was shite though. Billie owned that album. 

• Downvote 1

I saw an interview where she said she wasn't worried about Houdini not going to number one as none of her songs ever do, but then they all seem to hang around for a while afterwards.

And it seems to pan out.

It dropped out of the top 40 over Xmas but has been sat firmly back in the top 10 for the last month.

16 minutes ago, Superscally said:

It was shite though. Billie owned that album. 

Dua's is a banger

3 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

UK stadiums in less than 4 months, and still not announced yet? Good f**king luck.

when you put it like that it sounds unlikely lead on time wise

but if its a fairly limited tour to guarantee a sell out, all the tickets will go in one day

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Makes more sense for her to do things like the Grammys, Glastonbury, One Big Weekend, Brit Awards etc this year and then use that as the springboard for a stadium tour in 2025.

Did we have info on her doing stadiums?

I can't recall but obviously got that glasto blog leak on my mind as to why she might be

.. unless that was for Madonna?

21 minutes ago, gfa said:

Dua's is a banger

There's nowt to it. It's just formulaic fluff. One of the worst songs on that soundtrack.

Edit: Will just point out that I'm not anti-Dua and think she'll do a decent job and depending on other stuff, may very well be there, but I'll go for a slash during this 😄

Edited by Superscally

3 minutes ago, Superscally said:

There's nowt to it. It's just formulaic fluff. One of the worst songs on that soundtrack.

I don't disagree - it is quite formulaic but it fits very well in the movie and is sufficiently catchy