2024 Headliners

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

He’s the only reason I stop by these days.

Just now, Hugh Jass II said:

Just find it hilarious he dedicates so much energy to actively hating something by his own admission he has little interest in. Then he gets really upset when people point it out.

It’s bizarre.

Very bizarre almost as bizarre as someone who only visits to point out how bizarre it is

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Not aware of any of them.

There was a kind of Big Brother thing in a caravan in SE corner (Unfairground?) one year.

Yep, one of Roy's projects called Big Caravan, during the Lost Vagueness era predating The Unfairground. Was going out live on C4 until the content started to breach just about every broadcasting guideline in the book and C4 had no option but to pull the plug. 

We'd been following it a bit and wandered into The Chapel Of Love And Loathe at about 3.00am. Expected it to be bouncing in there. We walked in, it was packed but you could have heard a pin drop. The antics inside Big Caravan were being streamed live on big screens.We then hotfooted it to the actual caravan. Possibly the most outrageous and out there thing I've ever witnessed at Glastonbury. 

Edited by Sawdusty surfer
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, DeanoL said:

The Dark Room in the Cabaret Tent

Bob's Blundabus 2019/2022

The Portaloo escape room

Rogue Otherworld's late night interactive animal installation

...maybe you've given them a go, maybe you haven't. But there are certainly attempts being made to create experiences and people are giving them a go as well.

In 2009 me and some mates had left London Underground in Block 9 and were sitting outside on the grass making a spiff when we were asked if we wanted to try an unusual experience. We said yes and were taken into a shipping container next to London Underground.  Inside we stood at a dividing wall with 5 windows and each window had a telephone on the wall next to it. What was the other side of the window was intended to shock. Anyone else experience this? 

It was a bit like something you’d experience at a Halloween scare event these days but with pregnant women actors and more telephones on the other side! 

Edited by stuie
Appreciate this is way off topic but relates to the conversation!

5 minutes ago, stuie said:

In 2009 me and some mates had left London Underground in Block 9 and were sitting outside on the grass making a spiff when we were asked if we wanted to try an unusual experience. We said yes and were taken into a shipping container next to London Underground.  Inside we stood at a dividing wall with 5 windows and each window had a telephone on the wall next to it. What was the other side of the window was intended to shock. Anyone else experience this? 

It was a bit like something you’d experience at a Halloween scare event these days but with pregnant women actors and more telephones on the other side! 

There's clips of that experience in the Glastonbury After Hours documentary 

6 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

WHEN IS THE FIRST HEADLINER ANNOUNCEMENT ALREADY!?

Surely Dua has to be soon? Are there any events or award shows coming up where it could get decent exposure? 

Can't imagine Coldplay alone getting much of a fanfare and if it is Stevie and he's at BST, they'll want to shift tickets before allowing Glastonbury to announce him. 

Or will they wait for the impact of announcing the headliners with the initial poster?

It's a weird one this year. Could be next week, could be late March.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Apparently there are Dua stadium shows to be announced first

Do we think this is the only factor holding things up? I was wondering last night if the possibility of dropping a poster with lots of names first - rather than just a standalone announcement of one or two headliners - means there are acts elsewhere on the bill holding things up too.

9 hours ago, Sawdusty surfer said:

Yep, one of Roy's projects called Big Caravan, during the Lost Vagueness era predating The Unfairground. Was going out live on C4 until the content started to breach just about every broadcasting guideline in the book and C4 had no option but to pull the plug. 

We'd been following it a bit and wandered into The Chapel Of Love And Loathe at about 3.00am. Expected it to be bouncing in there. We walked in, it was packed but you could have heard a pin drop. The antics inside Big Caravan were being streamed live on big screens.We then hotfooted it to the actual caravan. Possibly the most outrageous and out there thing I've ever witnessed at Glastonbury. 

Love all this stuff wish there was more of it about nowadays at the festival.

Even the thing the SE corner had with all the fake and real doors.

Maybe there is and I can't find it...

15 minutes ago, mouserat said:

Do we think this is the only factor holding things up? I was wondering last night if the possibility of dropping a poster with lots of names first - rather than just a standalone announcement of one or two headliners - means there are acts elsewhere on the bill holding things up too.

Stevie at BST as well