2024 Headliners

21 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Hard to shake the feeling that we are not in for a stellar year lineup wise....

Won't somebody please think about the Americans! 

It won't be as bad as that, surely 🙂 

1 hour ago, FloopFiller said:

Shania would because she’s been booked for the legend slot.

Good for her I guess. Don't argue with much on here when it comes to placements cus I trust the process but that really sounds like plan C at best.

38 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Hard to shake the feeling that we are not in for a stellar year lineup wise....

You need to get your ears into techno and drum and bass, your line up will be stacked forever more. 

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, 1986 said:

Good for her I guess. Don't argue with much on here when it comes to placements cus I trust the process but that really sounds like plan C at best.

I agree that she’s not at the level of a lot of the previous Sunday legends, but I also think the well of acts for that slot is running dry, both due to Glastonbury already having had all of the big ones, and the others (Stevie Nicks, for example) most likely not being interested or wanting too much money, as was the problem with Fleetwood Mac. Much like headliners, I think people are gonna have to temper expectations that there might be the occasional not-so-spectacular booking for this slot.

Never understood labelling a 'good' lineup or a 'bad' lineup unless it's followed by the caveat "in my opinion."

At the end of the day, it's just a lineup. And there is always, without fail, a whole rainbow of something for everyone.

Personally I don't care what comes out on poster day, I like all types of music and that's why Glastonbury is my festival of choice and not others which cater to specific music genres.

Is it just me who makes it my mission to see one of everything?? :

-something cheesy and popish

-something weird (lekiddo 😜)

-some hip hop

-something totally moving, artistic and poetic (Kae Tempest or Ren 🤞🏼)

-Some EDM

-something chilled and acoustic

-something to totally rock out to

-one of the old farts (Macca/Elton/Stones)

-some circus 

-some comedy 

Sorted 👍🏼👊🏼

My experience has only ever been as good as the people around me in the crowd anyway so you could have your perfect lineup on paper which turns out to be totally unenjoyable because you've got a load of head teachers around you... 

Woah, didn't mean for that to be so long!! Just sometimes feel like I'm the only person who likes literally a whole mix of stuff...surely that's what Glasto is about? Anyone else have a festival checklist like mine haha, anything else I need to add to complete it? 

Edited by Bike_Like_A_Mum
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 6

Just now, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Never understood labelling a 'good' lineup or a 'bad' lineup unless it's followed by the caveat "in my opinion."

At the end of the day, it's just a lineup. And there is always, without fail, a whole rainbow of something for everyone.

There's always something for my tastes, but even artists I like could make up a poor quality line-up. If the line-up was full of stuff I could see elsewhere for cheaper, then I'd consider it poor quality.

Equally, there are acts I don't enjoy but can admit they're good quality bookings. Someone like Ed Sheeran in 2017 - the biggest pop star in the world at the time. I'm not a fan but I can't dispute he deserved that shot.

12 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

You've just done it too.

Touché

Maybe I'm just blessed to have rose tinted goggles and think it's all marvellous. Trying to find my people who agree and wanna get excited 🙌🏼 

Edited by Bike_Like_A_Mum
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Touché

Maybe I'm just blessed to have rose tinted goggles and think it's all marvellous. Trying to find my people who agree and wanna get excited 🙌🏼 

That will happen in due course, but without an announcement people like to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in. 

I think everyone is way more excited than they come across in here. When the discussion is seen through the prism of three headliners (and a legend) they likely won't watch anyway it makes the tone feel more sh*tty than it really is. Just those are the only things that get enough rumours ahead of time to provide any discussion at all.

Basically we just need any announcement.

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, 1986 said:

I think everyone is way more excited than they come across in here. When the discussion is seen through the prism of three headliners (and a legend) they likely won't watch anyway it makes the tone feel more sh*tty than it really is. Just those are the only things that get enough rumours ahead of time to provide any discussion at all.

I think some times on these forums comments can come across abrupt and even nasty when there not intended this way. 

I think sometimes it's worth reading a comment back to see how it reads. 

I'm also guilty of this and it's something to work on. 

Putting personal taste aside, it is a pretty strong set of headliners. In my opinion!

Musical legend possibly on his final tour.

One of the biggest bands of the last 20 years as essentially a worldwide festival exclusive.

Big pop star with one of the most streamed albums of all time, having her first go at headlining the major festivals.

Could be doing a lot worse in a year where it seems like a lot of festivals are struggling. In my opinion!

1 hour ago, 1986 said:

And keeps going round in circles (I'll refrain from posting the Colourfield video again).

Three headliners and a legend are a tiny, tiny, tiny fraction of the lineup, and fairly irrelevant to some.

• Upvote 1

The last two times Coldplay have brought something special and memorable (the crazy Pyramid light up projector towers in 2011, then Barry Gibb’s Party Soundsystem and the Viola Beach tribute in 2016). Even the Kylie cover in 2005 low-key went off.

I’m sure they’re cooking up something good.

Edited by Drinky