2024 Headliners

18 hours ago, Skip997 said:

It’s not only Robbie, the brainwashing extends to dozens of bands and artists

Sadly I’m not surprised

me neither - just have to look at likes here to want to vomit. 

8 hours ago, charlierc said:

In theory, yeah, they could, but I feel like it would be a surprise to see them add Glastonbury at this point having already broken cover with doing Wembley, Manchester, Glasgow and the IOW festival exclusive.

I do think they have enough songs to have made a go of it, or even do an hour "Churn-Ups" style set, but equally, I'm struggling to see it happening now.

Yeah, I don't hold much hope but while hope remains I'll cling onto it. 

9 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

It’s the season of peace on earth and goodwill to all people, so just for one day can all join me in my long standing appreciation of prog rock😉😊

No, tis the season for the wife to play prog rock at me. 😞

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Johnnyseven said:

No Doubt, Rocket From The Crypt, Mighty Mighty Bosstones have also all played. I saw the Deftones back in 98 too, not quite pop punk not not a 1000 miles away from Green Day's music. Also the likes of A, Kenickie, Feeder and Ash for a more UK based version of pop punk.

Ska is a genre thats well received cause everyone would go mental over having The Specials or Madness on the bill. but No Doubt or the Bosstones are like a no no. 

On 12/23/2023 at 5:44 AM, kalifire said:

A tangent from the Dua Lipa thread, on the basis that Houdini hasn't quite been the massively successful banger she must have been hoping for... has there ever been a time Glasto booked a headliner on the back of a successful album and subsequent momentum, only to have them stumble a bit post-signing but pre-performing?

I'm not suggesting Dua is in that place, I just started wondering whether that has ever happened.

i mean Arctics this year almost ended up cancelling cause of Alex losing his voice. Yeah, they had their big stadium tour and everything but its not like it was a banger of a set overall anyway cause it was heavy on the new release and they played their older material a different way to fit the vibe.

U2? Bono got injured and the performance was pushed a year and then they ended up playing in a monsoon? They had to fly in between north american tour dates to even do the gig and such.

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Ska is a genre thats well received cause everyone would go mental over having The Specials or Madness on the bill. but No Doubt or the Bosstones are like a no no. 

The mystery of why good bands are welcomed but bad bands aren’t is a conundrum that sadly will never be resolved.

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

No Doubt seem to be somewhat underrated on here, would be preferable to Madness by a “country mile” and about equal to a Terry Hall Specials. 

• Upvote 1