2024 Headliners

Regarding Springsteen doing consecutive nights - I think it's far more likely that one or both of the Nijmegen shows gets moved than him playing in the Netherlands one night and Glastonbury the next. There's enough space in the schedule to accommodate that if the motivation to play Glastonbury was there.

Either move both shows forward a day, or move the second show from the 29th to the 25th. Each scenario would preserve the "no consecutive nights" pattern and free up the Sunday at Glastonbury.

Or more likely still, it's not him.

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Quick point of order, who exactly are the "picnic blanket brigade"?

The people with huge day bags on the floor full of sanwhiches and fruit juice who sit fairly close to the stage, tut at anyone who dares to walk by them and only stand up for a little shoulder shuffle dance to people like Gregory Porter. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, The Nal said:

The people with huge day bags on the floor full of sanwhiches and fruit juice who sit fairly close to the stage, tut at anyone who dares to walk by them and only stand up for a little shoulder shuffle dance to people like Gregory Porter. 

This

They also seem to think there's only one stage and all day attendance is compulsory.

1 minute ago, Skip997 said:

This

They also seem to think there's only one stage and all day attendance is compulsory.

The festival would be a hell of a lot more congested if there weren't a few thousand people staying in the same place all day though. They can keep their picnic blankets and camping chairs and pretend it's Radio 2 in the Park if they want - especially if it makes life easier for those of us pegging it from one corner to the next desperately trying to avoid as many clashes as possible.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, mouserat said:

The festival would be a hell of a lot more congested if there weren't a few thousand people staying in the same place all day though. They can keep their picnic blankets and camping chairs and pretend it's Radio 2 in the Park if they want - especially if it makes life easier for those of us pegging it from one corner to the next desperately trying to avoid as many clashes as possible.

Good point well made

4 minutes ago, mouserat said:

I agree but each to their own but I think they should ban camping chairs from that field it makes walking through so hard especially when there is 10 in a row, Elton was so much better once they told everyone to stand up 

20 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

eFests is full of references to this huge, nebulous, entity but nobody really defines them or what they want.

I'd dare say it's some bullshit gatekeeping phrase designed to disparage those who like popular things.

Only two or three people use it with a straight face. Most others are sarky.

33 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

eFests is full of references to this huge, nebulous, entity but nobody really defines them or what they want.

I'd dare say it's some bullshit gatekeeping phrase designed to disparage those who like popular things.

It comes from people who've not set foot in Babylon since Black Uhuru headlined 

10 hours ago, K2SO said:

I'm going to say the only one of those that could feasibly top the Pyramid next year is Miley. I don't think Beyonce will ever do it again, but she is next closest.

I think you're unlikely to see any of the others at the festival again in any way.

Give me Miley though, please and thanks.

To be honest I wouldn't have any real idea. Apart from money, which isn't a valid reason if you've already done it, I can't see a reason why they wouldn't do it.