2024 Headliners

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

My other big celebrity spots at the G are like Lauren Laverne, Martin Clunes,  a bunch of acts already like Hooky and Wayne Coyne who're already playing the c**t and the (recently widowed) Tilda Swinton.

Danced next to Marcus Brigstocke in The Gulley once. He had less rhythm than me but he was having a right old time of it

Just now, Quark said:

Danced next to Marcus Brigstocke in The Gulley once. He had less rhythm than me but he was having a right old time of it

Brigstocke is my usual level. In fact, as a punter at the Fringe for going on 25 years I don't really consider comedians as celebrities given I've shared urinals and picnic tables in the Pleasance Courtyard with just about every one you've ever heard of.

Even Ronnie Corbett.

4 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Spose. 2024-era Springsteen a bit of a snoozer also. Who am I kiddin'.

Not quite what he was but a greatest hits would still be a smasheroo on the Pyramid. That doesn’t seem likely though, and he’s been quite open about taking the money on this tour.

24 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

My other big celebrity spots at the G are like Lauren Laverne, Martin Clunes,  a bunch of acts already like Hooky and Wayne Coyne who're already playing the c**t and the (recently widowed) Tilda Swinton.

I've met and spoken at length to the following at Glastonbury: Thom Yorke in Heaven (venue that used to be in Shangri La) and walked with him to the Guerilla Bar, Don Letts sat down next to me in the Guerilla Bar after he'd finished his DJ set, Bez, again in the Guerilla Bar and Nick Turner (multiple times), I used to know him quite well. Last time I remember seeing Nick was at about 6am in Block 9.

Lesser known/barely even heard of: Mark Robson (Kangaroo Moon) stays in Dragon Field every year (have known him for many years), Seize The Day (Glastonbury band/environmental activists), who also used to friends of mine.

Edited by Skip997

20 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'm in for 3 Boss gigs next summer. Let's see what happens. If I get Racing In The Street it'll all be worth it.

I did 3 this year, but will take just Cardiff this year. 

He broke my heart with the "printed on setlist" for this gig last time out... 

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bruce-springsteen/2023/rds-arena-dublin-ireland-6bb9aa6a.html

My celeb spotting high point will likely forever be during Kanye, when absolutely gillespied, turning round to discover Matt Smith and Billie Piper stood behind me, both looking in a not too dissimilar state to the one I was in

Edited by waltere

6 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I once sat next to Peanut from the Kaiser Chiefs in the Park. 

I think we all know who’s winning here.

• Like 1

Spotted Kae Tempest coming out of the interstage area one year. I kinda wish I didn't. I impulsively wanted to say hello but stopped myself, resulting in a very weird looking halt to my walking, a lurch in their direction which I stopped immediately before continuing walking, hoping they hadn't just seen me.

14 hours ago, Skip997 said:

I've met and spoken at length to the following at Glastonbury: Thom Yorke in Heaven (venue that used to be in Shangri La) and walked with him to the Guerilla Bar, Don Letts sat down next to me in the Guerilla Bar after he'd finished his DJ set, Bez, again in the Guerilla Bar and Nick Turner (multiple times), I used to know him quite well. Last time I remember seeing Nick was at about 6am in Block 9.

Lesser known/barely even heard of: Mark Robson (Kangaroo Moon) stays in Dragon Field every year (have known him for many years), Seize The Day (Glastonbury band/environmental activists), who also used to friends of mine.

Have listened to Mark and K Moon since 1991 I think and met him a number of times over the years since. Always drop in for one of his gigs each year at G and sometimes even locally (seen him play in Bath loads of times at the Bell). Matt Ledger the drummer back in the 90's once bummed a rollie off me.

Have also hung out drinking over the years with Madness, Sleeper and The Levellers....

35 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Spotted Kae Tempest coming out of the interstage area one year. I kinda wish I didn't. I impulsively wanted to say hello but stopped myself, resulting in a very weird looking halt to my walking, a lurch in their direction which I stopped immediately before continuing walking, hoping they hadn't just seen me.

Kae is a frequent spot. They're the Tilda Swinton of That Bloke From Off Of Homes Under The Hammereses.

52 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Sounds like my friend with the lead singer of Honeyblood after we went to see them at Bedford Esquires in 2019. Wanted to say hi, stopped himself, and awkwardly shuffled out.

15 hours ago, OllieMadd said:

I did 3 this year, but will take just Cardiff this year. 

He broke my heart with the "printed on setlist" for this gig last time out... 

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bruce-springsteen/2023/rds-arena-dublin-ireland-6bb9aa6a.html

The dejection when I got home from that show and saw the printed versh. 

I'm usually rubbish at celeb spotting. I mean I've been going since 1995 and I've only seen ME once. 

The only exception was 2009 when I was working on the vehicle gate the acts mostly drive in through (4?, 5? Not sure, I've not worked a vehicle gate since). Saw  loads that year from the biggest (Bruce) to the smallest (sorry generic member of current flash in the pan indie landfill band, no I don't "know who you are" And neither does anyone else.)

That year my boot got drooled on by a spectacularly messed up Pete Doherty but I think my favourite might have been a VERY drunk Russell Grant being driven out in a golf cart at about 4 in the morning.