2024 Headliners

My first year getting tickets so have never paid such close attention to this thread. The general consensus seems to be Dua, Coldplay and Madonna. Has the forum been badly wrong about headliners in the recent past or generally have the predictions been fairly on the money? Who was the lasy headliner that was assumed to be nailed on that didn't end up being announced? 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, LeFreak said:

My first year getting tickets so have never paid such close attention to this thread. The general consensus seems to be Dua, Coldplay and Madonna. Has the forum been badly wrong about headliners in the recent past or generally have the predictions been fairly on the money? Who was the lasy headliner that was assumed to be nailed on that didn't end up being announced? 

They’re less so predictions and more pieces of info that we’ve had. A reliable source (who was first to tell us Guns N Roses last year which at the time seemed like a pretty ridiculous idea) has told us Dua and Coldplay, and Madonna has come from a couple of places now coupled with her also apparently doing British Summer Time the same weekend/around the same time. 

The only times the forum has been dead wrong was in instances like 2015 where we were expecting Prince to play, and it turns out he was lined up but then pulled out which resulted in us getting The Who instead. Otherwise, what you see here (especially at this stage of the year) is mostly pretty spot on, apart from the odd person refusing to believe Dua is a headliner, that Coldplay would be booked yet again, or that Madonna would accept Glastonbury’s low fee.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

They’re less so predictions and more pieces of info that we’ve had. A reliable source (who was first to tell us Guns N Roses last year which at the time seemed like a pretty ridiculous idea) has told us Dua and Coldplay, and Madonna has come from a couple of places now coupled with her also apparently doing British Summer Time the same weekend/around the same time. 

The only times the forum has been dead wrong was in instances like 2015 where we were expecting Prince to play, and it turns out he was lined up but then pulled out which resulted in us getting The Who instead. Otherwise, what you see here (especially at this stage of the year) is mostly pretty spot on, apart from the odd person refusing to believe Dua is a headliner, that Coldplay would be booked yet again, or that Madonna would accept Glastonbury’s low fee.

I feel like we are a little earlier this year with all 3 maybe its harder these days to keep it all quiet 

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I feel like we are a little earlier this year with all 3 maybe its harder these days to keep it all quiet 

Yeah there’s usually one that we’re umming and ahhing over in to the new year and for a couple of weeks there it seemed like it was gonna be Madonna/whoever… but seems like Madonna is probably a goer now.

1 hour ago, henry bear said:

Is it bollocks, it’s one of the e-fests myths. Given the small number of Sunday tickets available for locals (can’t remember if it’s 5k or 10k), I really don’t think they’re going to engineer the Sunday line up to cater for them 

Michael used to talk about it back when he was running the festival. I think the ‘Sunday legends’ slot came out of that thinking. Their actions never really matched his words when it came to who they booked on Sundays in the 00’s but it was a thing.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Michael used to talk about it back when he was running the festival. I think the ‘Sunday legends’ slot came out of that thinking. Their actions never really matched his words when it came to who they booked on Sundays in the 00’s but it was a thing.

I knew we hadn't just made this sh*t up! 

7 minutes ago, Drinky said:

Sunday night in 2017 was the thinnest gruel, a real ‘screw the locals’ selection

?? one of the biggest pop acts in the world + The Killers + the last Bee Gee standing + Biffy Clyro (who headline pretty much every other festival they play).  Even if you don't like any of those acts even (especially) the most casual music fan will find something to enjoy there. 

21 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I had a stand up nap during Sheeran who Mrs J made me watch in retaliation for me making her stand through Radiohead.

Myself and The Nal did a wander around the site on the Sunday night. Saw bits of Justice, BBK and (unfortunately) Sheeran. Surprised you didnt slip into a coma mate.

3 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Myself and The Nal did a wander around the site on the Sunday night. Saw bits of Justice, BBK and (unfortunately) Sheeran. Surprised you didnt slip into a coma mate.

It was the night I realised how cruel my wife can truly be.

(TBF even she admitted it was boring afterwards)

19 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

One of the great Glasto moments. Red raincoat guy.

Some middle aged fella (in a red raincoat despite it being bone dry) raving with his face 2 inches from the speaker in that little DJ tent thing across from Bread & Roses. He was the only person there. The DJ wasnt even in the tent. Markets streets totally empty.

Went to Ed, said f**k this, left, walked back by the little tent thing 30 minutes later and he was still there on his own giving it socks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

One of the great Glasto moments. Red raincoat guy.

Some middle aged fella (in a red raincoat despite it being bone dry) raving with his face 2 inches from the speaker in that little DJ tent thing across from Bread & Roses. He was the only person there. The DJ wasnt even in the tent. Markets streets totally empty.

Went to Ed, said f**k this, left, walked back by the little tent thing 30 minutes later and he was still there on his own giving it socks.

Gnarly drum and bass yeh. He had a great night. 😄