2024 Headliners

We pre booked Cineramageddon (Licorice Pizza) for midnight after Macca thinking we’d leave during Hey Jude at 11.50 and miss the first 5 mins of the film… surely he wouldn’t break curfew by much? Of course he did and played until 12.30. We left at 12.05 and missed the first 20 mins of the film, plus it was so cold the car kept steaming up so we couldn’t see very well and all fell asleep

1 minute ago, Drinky said:

We pre booked Cineramageddon (Licorice Pizza) for midnight after Macca thinking we’d leave during Hey Jude at 11.50 and miss the first 5 mins of the film… surely he wouldn’t break curfew by much? Of course he did and played until 12.30. We left at 12.05 and missed the first 20 mins of the film, plus it was so cold the car kept steaming up so we couldn’t see very well and all fell asleep

That'll learn you

28 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Lady GaGa is almost certainly recording (See Jagger's comments when they met in the studio), so if that's the case she'll be touring next year. 

I'm not so sure. Could easily just be a song from the Joker movie she was recording. I reckon if there was a big tour coming next summer there'd be rumours out of the hat by now.

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'm not so sure. Could easily just be a song from the Joker movie she was recording. I reckon if there was a big tour coming next summer there'd be rumours out of the hat by now.

Sure, it's me more in hope than expectation. I'd prefer her than any of the strong rumours.

2 hours ago, morph100 said:

I really should research before I type 😂🤣🤣 just thought up a theory convinced myself and didn’t think to check 

To be fair, though it's 8 years it's only been four festivals since Coldplay played. Feels more recent to me too, I think lockdown has done weird things to my time perception. That or getting old.

Probably been covered before but Emily's comment about it being a surprise call with an American act being available implies someone who's yet to announce their tour (and possibly new album), which isn't the case for Madonna. I'm gonna wish/guess it's Childish Gambino Friday (due to announce a new album and possibly a tour and not adverse to headlining UK fests), Dua Lipa Saturday, Madonna Sunday. With Chris and co on standby     

Coldplay of course played the Live From Worthy Farm thing. I don't know if that skews how recent if feels they have been at the festival. Plus already headlining four times since 2002 make it feel like they are there all the time (average every 5.5 years).  

2 minutes ago, tomf3 said:

Probably been covered before but Emily's comment about it being a surprise call with an American act being available implies someone who's yet to announce their tour (and possibly new album), which isn't the case for Madonna. I'm gonna wish/guess it's Childish Gambino Friday (due to announce a new album and possibly a tour and not adverse to headlining UK fests), Dua Lipa Saturday, Madonna Sunday. With Chris and co on standby     

nowhere near big enough

20 minutes ago, adequate8 said:

nowhere near big enough

Hmm I dunno. He's previously sold out the O2 arena which is more than Stormzy had done when he headlined, plus he's a name known for other things aside from music. Anyway yeah wishful thinking, but I would be surprised if the American act Emily referred to was Madonna as that discussion must've been going on for a while if it ever was. 

1 hour ago, tomf3 said:

I've got more chance of headlining Glastonbury 2024 than Childish Gambino. As great as it would be for him to play the festival.

11 minutes ago, sheerin_lfc said:

I've got more chance of headlining Glastonbury 2024 than Childish Gambino. As great as it would be for him to play the festival.

Ha fair and I too doubt it would happen but what makes you say that? He did headline Coachella before and plays UK when he's touring. 
Whilst almost certainly not him I think based on the last few years (and 2023's lack of it) it is quite possible that the American act is a hip hop act. They've arguably knocked off 3 of the biggest with Kanye, Kendrick and Jay-Z so interested to see where they would go next with it.