2024 Headliners

13 minutes ago, stuie said:

they all just feed off each other don't they , and likely sourced from here as its come out since @roughbloke info drop .... amazing how quick these things spread these days 

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yep. For many, (the rumour of) Coldplay seems to offset the possible expense and prestige of Madonna. With her, the trio holds up. Without her, it looks much weaker...unless they can dig out an act of a similar stature...but those options are dwindling. 

Agreed. Dua and Coldplay without Madonna seems pretty bland, replace Madonna with Pink and it’s even worse… 

1 minute ago, Glastozone said:

I’m still hedging my bets on Foos instead of Coldplay because after they finished the set, Dave Grohl said ‘we’ll see you next year,’ surely that means something?

They’re back playing in the UK next year, that’s all. No chance an act of that status would play the Pyramid two years running 

37 minutes ago, Glastozone said:

I’m still hedging my bets on Foos instead of Coldplay because after they finished the set, Dave Grohl said ‘we’ll see you next year,’ surely that means something?

He meant  on their U.K. tour I reckon, though he might just appear as a guest somewhere on the field. Again! 

I first read the "confirmed" story in the Guardian this morning where they were reporting that The Daily Mail was reporting DL / C'Play / Madge as "confirmed". 

It's the Daily Mail / Fail folks!!!

I wouldn't put it past some junior cub reporter half-inching it from our efesivals rumours pages and presenting it as "fact" 

2 minutes ago, airwaves said:

I first read the "confirmed" story in the Guardian this morning where they were reporting that The Daily Mail was reporting DL / C'Play / Madge as "confirmed". 

It's the Daily Mail / Fail folks!!!

I wouldn't put it past some junior cub reporter half-inching it from our efesivals rumours pages and presenting it as "fact" 

We should definitely make some rumour that definitely is not true repeat it until the bookies and the press pick it up. 

My take on it is that the headliners are not necessarily wrong, but that timing of the leak is such that the artists are not yet confirmed. Eg could easily see it being Madonna but that she wants to announce the rumoured solo Hyde Park gigs first so people buy tickets for that 🤷‍♀️ Agree it’s a carefully worded message from Emily. 

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

they all just feed off each other don't they , and likely sourced from here as its come out since @roughbloke info drop .... amazing how quick these things spread these days 

The reporters obviously read efests more than Discord as we’ve been talking about those 3 since July

6 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

they've equally been mentioned plenty on here since the same time as I was reading back yesterday 

I’m sure they have been mentioned as have most other acts.  It’s not a comp, was making a comment based on what was said about how fast news spreads

14 minutes ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

My take on it is that the headliners are not necessarily wrong, but that timing of the leak is such that the artists are not yet confirmed. Eg could easily see it being Madonna but that she wants to announce the rumoured solo Hyde Park gigs first so people buy tickets for that 🤷‍♀️ Agree it’s a carefully worded message from Emily. 

I thought this as it's not a no Madonna is not playing it's we have not confirmed yet and could be contractual reasons.

She definitely will have tried to get Madonna but could still be finalising things or Madonna could have said no/changed mind.

29 minutes ago, sisco said:

I’m sure they have been mentioned as have most other acts.  It’s not a comp, was making a comment based on what was said about how fast news spreads

Your previous post implied it was a comp and the other place won in July! Not that subtle.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, stuie said:

Your previous post implied it was a comp and the other place won in July! Not that subtle.

Really? I said they obvs read more on efests than discord based on the fact CF says news spreads fast… that’s all.  

Why would I need to be subtle? Discord does get more info, I’m on both so can see that.  Both sites are something I enjoy being on

4 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yeah. It's a bit of worry that Madge isn't locked.

I reckon that’s just a relatively complex one. Doesn’t normally do fests, very big name, other gigs in play etc. Last thing GFL needs is any ‘we told you not to announce it yet!’ complications.