2024 Headliners

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

I'm seeing them in London in September. As a big fan of High Violet I'm hoping for a few cuts from that more than anything, not least England which seems to usually be a staple of theirs but was not played when I saw them for the only time so far in Italy 5 years ago.

Good to see The National getting mentioned in the headliners thread

2 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

No it wasn’t,  they’re not the courteeners. They could easily done it at basically any point in their career 

For the Courteeners. I am well aware and haven't said anything of the sort about Arctics. I've said Arctics could have sold everything they did this year back in 2013 on AM. They couldn't have sold everything they did back in 2013 on TBH&C or The Car. AM brought them back massive after the SIAS lull. It's what then headliners in America.

4 hours ago, MEGABOWL said:

I’m going to see The National in September, I’ll be a bit miffed if they refuse to do any of the songs they played last time they were in Glasgow because ‘we’ll we’ve played these here before.’ 

Off topic but The National on this tour are in such hot form, the best they’ve ever been - the Marymoor show I saw was incredible. They could throw 10 curveballs into the set when you see them and it’ll be a classic. (To bring it back on topic, we assume they’re now in the Foals Headline-Other-or-Pyramid-Sub category of not being able to do the biggest one)

Edited by Drinky
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Drinky said:

I know we don’t put much stock in the betting markets anyway but… the top 3 since Taylor tapped out have consistently been Dua, Coldplay and Rihanna and you could easily see it right now…

I’d reckon the festival would be delighted if they could sign up those 3 as headliners: 2 women plus the most popular band on the planet. 

I’d probably be skulking around elsewhere. 

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Also a big gap between the July and August dates.  Doesn't necessarily bolt them on.

Of course but it makes them more likely than yesterday with the big hole.  Guess they’ll play Rock Wercher too next year.

They also plan to be back doing lots of Wembley in 2025 so I’d make 2024 Glasto more likely than 2025 myself. 

5 hours ago, Drinky said:

Off topic but The National on this tour are in such hot form, the best they’ve ever been - the Marymoor show I saw was incredible. They could throw 10 curveballs into the set when you see them and it’ll be a classic. (To bring it back on topic, we assume they’re now in the Foals Headline-Other-or-Pyramid-Sub category of not being able to do the biggest one)

Excellent. I’m looking forward to it so much (Soccer Mommy as support is a huge bonus) I rearranged a family weekend away-sorry kids! 😃

Assuming Coldplay aren’t gonna be touring in to ‘25 as well, I suppose it isn’t too ridiculous to think they’ll be at the festival next year, because if they’re not then it’s gonna be what… another two or three years before they’re back on the road and available again? And that’s ignoring all the talk of them packing it in in the next few years, even if I don’t really believe that’ll be the case. 

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Assuming Coldplay aren’t gonna be touring in to ‘25 as well, I suppose it isn’t too ridiculous to think they’ll be at the festival next year, because if they’re not then it’s gonna be what… another two or three years before they’re back on the road and available again? And that’s ignoring all the talk of them packing it in in the next few years, even if I don’t really believe that’ll be the case. 

They are apparently Wembley (at least 2025).

Glasto and BST (plus Wercher etc… ) next year I reckon.

5 minutes ago, sisco said:

They are apparently Wembley (at least 2025).

Assuming that'll be an entirely new tour then because they never seem to return to cities they've already played whenever they add an extra leg to one of these things (which always strikes me as odd because it's not like the demand wouldn't be there)

Dua/Coldplay/one of Madonna/Rihanna as the trio is gonna have all the ‘real music’ brigade losing their minds. Very TITP-ish set of headliners.

Just now, crumbler said:

Assuming that'll be an entirely new tour then because they never seem to return to cities they've already played whenever they add an extra leg to one of these things (which always strikes me as odd because it's not like the demand wouldn't be there)

I’m sure they’ll have a new album in the works so that they’re not repeating themselves. Last two albums have been flops by Coldplay standards so they’re probably keen to get something new out, especially if they’re gonna be headlining Glastonbury. 

8 hours ago, northernangel said:

For the Courteeners. I am well aware and haven't said anything of the sort about Arctics. I've said Arctics could have sold everything they did this year back in 2013 on AM. They couldn't have sold everything they did back in 2013 on TBH&C or The Car. AM brought them back massive after the SIAS lull. It's what then headliners in America.

Sorry I thought you were talking about Arctic monkeys, I should have read back 

12 hours ago, Superscally said:

Sorry Hugh mate, I was at 2013 and didn't rate it. Maybe it's because I was squashed in the front snaffle, but I much preferred this year.

Now I'm getting the idea, which is perfectly fine for you, that you enjoy damp squid shows. That is the only way anyone would come to that decision on that.

12 hours ago, Superscally said:

Why'd you only call me is f**king SHITE.

Your opinion.

11 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Most of AM is.

1.6m UK alone purchasers, 5 years plus after Spotify arrived disagree with your opinion. 

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Also a big gap between the July and August dates.  Doesn't necessarily bolt them on.

Czech Republic, Hungary and Norway have festivals in that period to name a few. These countries not listed in those screenshots. 

16 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Not beyond the realms of possibility that Coldplay indulge in some Churnups-style shenanigans.

No chance, it wouldn't be Pulp doing that now because it's all been and done.