2024 Headliners

15 minutes ago, Gashead86 said:

Coldplay last played in 2016, that right? 

Foos played in 2017 and then again this year and that was all well and good, but if Coldplay play again next year that is too soon? 

Guess it really is cool to hate Coldplay! 

It's cool to think they're sh*t.

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

It really isn’t, but people on here think it is despite them being the house band at their fave festival 

It's reasonable to think that they have headlined Glastonbury more times than they should.

It's also reasonable to be of the opinion that their recent output has been bobbins.

2 hours ago, sisco said:

They are apparently Wembley (at least 2025).

Glasto and BST (plus Wercher etc… ) next year I reckon.

I can’t see them at BST ever. I’m not sure why. Maybe they’re too big/ their own entity to do it especially when sponsored by a bank which they usually stay away from. They’d rather do 5 nights in a row at Wembley. 

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

It's reasonable to think that they have headlined Glastonbury more times than they should.

It's also reasonable to be of the opinion that their recent output has been bobbins.

Yeah of course but that wasn’t what I said. There’s defo an element of old men on this forum thinking it’s cool to say Coldplay are shite even though it’s been said before. It’s like on never mind the buzzcocks where there was a similar running joke- always seemed a bit forced to me.

29 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Oooh really ?? Is it a good source? It’s not that mad is it… I know they’re bigger than tenant’s usual headliner but they still have a good budget. 

Not really. Friend of a friend of a friend works for DF.

10 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Yeah of course but that wasn’t what I said. There’s defo an element of old men on this forum thinking it’s cool to say Coldplay are shite even though it’s been said before. It’s like on never mind the buzzcocks where there was a similar running joke- always seemed a bit forced to me.

It’s the same on here every time. Lots of pissing and moaning in the build up, then when they play the Pyramid field is absolutely rammed and they do a really good job. I saw them in 2011 and they were great, and their genuine enthusiasm at being there was tangible.

26 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Yeah good point, only the Sunday is free 

No, not a good source. Though to be fair they only said they were trying. Same source said they got knocked back by the Killers and Arctics this year and would try for the Killers again next, and they want Gerry Cinnamon. 

Just now, MEGABOWL said:

No, not a good source. Though to be fair they only said they were trying. Same source said they got knocked back by the Killers and Arctics this year and would try for the Killers again next, and they want Gerry Cinnamon. 

Makes sense tbf, I could defo see Killers doing it next year and not shocked monkeys turned it down as it clearly didn't fir their plans . Gerry Cinnamon is a weird one atm, hard to gauge how big he is or if he is relevant still. I did hear from my barber (who's uncle works for DF too lol) that there was a fallout between GC and DF after his support slot of courteeners at the hydro a few years back. Apparently his attitude was awful and he was moaning about something or other and they fell out. Not sure who promoted his Hampden shows and if that fits in. 

I've always wanted to see Coldplay so would like the booking, can understand why if you've been 15 years on the bounce why it would be boring.. but that is like 0.1% of the attendees.

That said, just looked at their current setlist and it is pretty shite. Misses out so much good stuff (first three albums basically for me)

7 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

It’s the same on here every time. Lots of pissing and moaning in the build up, then when they play the Pyramid field is absolutely rammed and they do a really good job. I saw them in 2011 and they were great, and their genuine enthusiasm at being there was tangible.

They'd fill the field.

I've never liked them, but there are others who I'd not see too. Coldplay being on is only an issue for me as they've done it so often.

If thry hadnt been on since 2005, as much as I dislike them - I'd think they should be back

It would be eight years for Coldplay.

They are massive (multiple stadium shows in a row) and many many often crowd wouldn't have seen them at Glsto yet (8 years is a long time).

Everyone can moan all they like but it's a massive booking if they do it and it will be a triumph like it is every time they play. They always pull out out the stops. 

6 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

They are massive (multiple stadium shows in a row) and many many often crowd wouldn't have seen them at Glsto yet (8 years is a long time).

Everyone can moan all they like but it's a massive booking if they do it and it will be a triumph like it is every time they play. They always pull out out the stops. 

It's a massive booking. Just 1 that I wouldn't be seen dead at.

That's when QOTSA should have been on. Vs Coldplay.

Makes their Reg clash even more annoying.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

6 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

There isnt another music festival in the world that would do this.

Its a really bad thing.

5 minutes ago, The Nal said:

There isnt another music festival in the world that would do this.

Does this get the record for most patently untrue statement in efests history?

Edited by incident