2024 Headliners

So that's a brand new production, brand new choreograph, different set list. All needing to be rehearsed and presented while you're still on your current tour, set up within a different country 24 hours after your performing your regular performance that you've been doing for a year. For a one off show. 

Didn't Elton John literally just do this 😂.

I personally am not super bullish on her headlining (although I don't think this debate is going to subside as I think she's probably going to add a date on the Thursday in Dublin—more often than not her extra dates get added before the existing ones) but the idea that it's something that she wouldn't want to/be able to do when she's well known as the busiest woman in music at the moment after a headliner literally just brought an entirely new show in the middle of a massive tour is quite funny. As others have said here—if she wants to make it work she'll make it work. I'm not confident she does but any arguments to the tune of "it's not feasible" are silly.

11 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

The tour she was doing in 2020 was a specific festival tour. It was dubbed 'The Lover Festival' She had her own 'Shows' billed as 1 day festivals. 

She has 8 moving platforms in the centre of the stage, that all independently move by themselves and as a whole unit. That's used for most of the songs. Along with a scaffold structure that's used for 1 song. Then a fully fitted 'cabin' that she uses for a good portion of her set. That she interacts with. It's a MASSIVE production. 
The Eras Tour: The Intricate World-Building Behind Taylor Swift's Most  Ambitious Sets Ever | Architectural Digest
Taylor Swift launches Eras tour with three-hour, 44-song set - BBC News

She wouldn’t be able to do this production on the Pyramid with all the time in the world to set it up tho. I still think she’ll do something stripped back. It’s kinda now or never for her isn’t it 

1 minute ago, MichaelsBeard said:

She wouldn’t be able to do this production on the Pyramid with all the time in the world to set it up tho. I still think she’ll do something stripped back. It’s kinda now or never for her isn’t it 

Nah, I expect that run of festivals to be her summer 2025

3 minutes ago, leonaves said:

Didn't Elton John literally just do this 😂.

Elton booked out 2 days at Wembley arena to reherse, the week of the show. Taylor is touring the week of the show, Elton was not.

90% of Eltons set list was the exact same set, just ordered differently. Elton sits at a piano. His band sit by their stops. Taylor has a team of dancers, who are also backing singers, who also play instruments. She's doing 44 songs at her shows. 

2 minutes ago, MichaelsBeard said:

The issue is that she interreacts with each set, as do the band, as do the dancers. Its the same choreography every night. Each set of 'songs' has its own staging, lights, costumes etc. It would all have to be changed outside of hte odd few songs that she just stands there on a moving platform playing guitar. The idea that her whole team can produce a brand new show and then play it 24 hours after doing their regular one is insane. 

Just now, chazwwe said:

Elton booked out 2 days at Wembley arena to reherse, the week of the show. Taylor is touring the week of the show, Elton was not.

90% of Eltons set list was the exact same set, just ordered differently. Elton sits at a piano. His band sit by their stops. Taylor has a team of dancers, who are also backing singers, who also play instruments. She's doing 44 songs at her shows. 

Billie did back-to-back at Glastonbury and then O2 the day after? I mean I get what you're saying, but I don't get how the size of the larger show has any effect on how hard it is to have a smaller show? If you're bringing a 20-25 song subset of your show it doesn't matter whether the original show is 44 or 100 songs, you pick the parts you're going to bring to the festival show and rehearse them? If she has the will to do it, having a big stadium show doesn't inhibit her.

18 hours ago, august1 said:

still no idea on next fallow year? I remember the council and festival having different ideas on it..

18 hours ago, balti-pie said:

Ideally 2026, so I can go to the World Cup and not have to somehow fit that and Glastonbury together in the same period of time 🤣 selfish, I know 

I thought there was a pattern to when fallow emerged that's been thrown a little out of wack due to covid meaning 2020 and 2021 were unplanned fallow years. 2026 would be after 4 festivals in a row (22-25) so I'd have thought maybe 2027 is the next fallow if they do 5 then one off?

Or am I imagining that this is the structure?

Or how about coldplay who had a one day gap in 2016 between a show in amsterdam with massive staging, flashing wristband, a walkway into the crowd, and then a one-off show in glastonbury with a completely different setlist? How is it "insane" to think people are able to manage a one-off show during a tour when it's happened loads of times?

7 minutes ago, leonaves said:

Billie did back-to-back at Glastonbury and then O2 the day after? I mean I get what you're saying, but I don't get how the size of the larger show has any effect on how hard it is to have a smaller show? If you're bringing a 20-25 song subset of your show it doesn't matter whether the original show is 44 or 100 songs, you pick the parts you're going to bring to the festival show and rehearse them? If she has the will to do it, having a big stadium show doesn't inhibit her.

Billie doesn't have dancers, or chorography. The show she did at the O2 is pretty much the exact show she did at Glastonbury, the rising stage and the ramp. 

2 minutes ago, leonaves said:

Or how about coldplay who had a one day gap in 2016 between a show in amsterdam with massive staging, flashing wristband, a walkway into the crowd, and then a one-off show in glastonbury with a completely different setlist? How is it "insane" to think people are able to manage a one-off show during a tour when it's happened loads of times?

CHOREOGRAPHY WITH A GIANT MOVING STAGE. 

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's the dancers and the choreography.

Sure she could do an acoustic show or something.

But she won't.

People comparing it to a band rocking up with a light up. Is hilarious to me. The band do the same thing, no matter the staging. 

Why has it got on to what is ‘feasible’ when the question is what is realistic?

She has no festivals booked on this tour whereas she did in 2020. She has no reason to bin off this huge two year stadium spectacular for one night to do something totally different at a festival she hasn’t played at.

When is she going to rehearse it? Why do this for one festival but not the others she was booked to play in 2020? Why would such a meticulous person take the risk when they could simply choose to do a load of festivals at the point it suited them?

7 minutes ago, leonaves said:

Coldplay played Amsterdam on the 24th, Glastonbury on the 26th and their next show was a short thing in London on the 28th. Most of the playlist was the same (the first 6 songs for example, and it was 21 songs as opposed to 23) and the wristbands, colour scheme and lighting carried over from the tour setup.

17 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I thought there was a pattern to when fallow emerged that's been thrown a little out of wack due to covid meaning 2020 and 2021 were unplanned fallow years. 2026 would be after 4 festivals in a row (22-25) so I'd have thought maybe 2027 is the next fallow if they do 5 then one off?

Or am I imagining that this is the structure?

I think someone from the council argued 2020 quite a lot of build up disruption had taken place, Worthy Pastures in 2021, main festival in 2022 that residents haven't had a true break. The festival arguing the opposite 

10 minutes ago, Amy Lawn said:

Do you reckon Taylor Swift has ever had chips cheese and gravy

It’ll be a condition of getting a work/performing visa for Canada, you have to have poutine minimum once a week. I’m very happy to adhere to these restrictions.  

4 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

She can have it in Cardiff next June but only if she adds an extra night 

I enjoy the thought of Taylor Swift hanging out in Cardiff doing normal stuff, there's just something nice about it isn't there?

Maybe it’s just me, but I find that Dua Lipa is in that period Biffy Clyro were in about 9-10years ago. Took a bad album for them drop to the sub slot.

Too big to be sub for the other, too big for the other, but not quite big enough to headline.

A great talent, who I enjoy listening to, but feels maybe too much too soon? Where BC failed I think she will ultimately headline Glastonbury, but just feels a bit too early.