2024 Festival

Chad888

Back to the music... 

I've been checking out some artists on the poster that I haven't listened to before and I've really liked James Marriott's new album. I knew of him from YouTube but had never listened to any of his stuff. 

Did anyone here see his MSE set last year? Seems like someone who'd go down well in the FR tent 

3 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

And moving on indeed, I've had a crack at what we can expect from Lana Del Rey.

Norman f**king Rockwell
Born to Die
The Grants
Bartender
5 Cherry
Honeymoon
Blue Jeans
Chemtrails Over the Country Club
Arcadia
10 Pretty When You Cry
11 Love
12 Summertime Sadness
13 Ultraviolence
14 Say Yes to Heaven
15 Video Games
16 Did You Know That There's a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd

All fairly feasible with the exception of Honeymoon and Love, given they barely get much airtime these days. (The latter being permanently exiled just gives me one more reason to think she's a diva, but that's purely personal taste.)

You'll probably get a Lasso track in there too, in place of that.

Is there a reason why she wouldn't perform Radio or West Coast? 

52 minutes ago, Lawsie said:

Back to the music... 

I've been checking out some artists on the poster that I haven't listened to before and I've really liked James Marriott's new album. I knew of him from YouTube but had never listened to any of his stuff. 

Did anyone here see his MSE set last year? Seems like someone who'd go down well in the FR tent 

I saw him whilst waiting for another act and he was alright to be fair, hardcore audience in the very front and hardly anything further back an example of an artist drowned by the mainstage but should do well in a tent

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

And moving on indeed, I've had a crack at what we can expect from Lana Del Rey.

Norman f**king Rockwell
Born to Die
The Grants
Bartender
5 Cherry
Honeymoon
Blue Jeans
Chemtrails Over the Country Club
Arcadia
10 Pretty When You Cry
11 Love
12 Summertime Sadness
13 Ultraviolence
14 Say Yes to Heaven
15 Video Games
16 Did You Know That There's a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd

All fairly feasible with the exception of Honeymoon and Love, given they barely get much airtime these days. (The latter being permanently exiled just gives me one more reason to think she's a diva, but that's purely personal taste.)

You'll probably get a Lasso track in there too, in place of that.

Needs more NFR

1 hour ago, Lawsie said:

Back to the music... 

Enjoyed it for what it was, not sure you can really ask for much more at 12 on Saturday tbh - definitely think it’ll be better in the tent though 

6 hours ago, Lawsie said:

Back to the music... 

He was good fun in the FR on the Thursday at leeds. Closed the stage before heading to the nightlife so was pretty rammed in there

10 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Yeah but they haven’t and you know that. It’s named after a shape and you know that. That shape has been part of their branding for over a decade and you know that. This is you trying to sound smart but you have never, ever sounded more silly (and you’ve sounded silly a lot). 

this!!

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

Insane that after subbing Yung Lean on the 4th stage at L&R less than 6 months ago, Sleep Token have just shifted about 70,000 UK arena tickets. Mental booking. 

There hasn’t been a band with a rise like theirs since MCR. It’s absolutely insane. I think they will headline Download next year.

11 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

There hasn’t been a band with a rise like theirs since MCR. It’s absolutely insane. I think they will headline Download next year.

Yeah, catch me having an argument with some absolute weapon about it on the official forums 🤣 stark reminder of why I got away from there and here

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Yeah, catch me having an argument with some absolute weapon about it on the official forums 🤣 stark reminder of why I got away from there and here

They’ve just added another O2 date and a Leeds Arena date. That’ll be around 113,000 tickets when they sell out. Absolutely unreal scenes. 

6 hours ago, amanufan16 said:

Looks like Catfish are gonna announce a tour soon according to their insta, wonder if it’ll be smaller venues like what Kasabian did 

posters up around Manchester near gorilla with 22nd Feb on so I guess an intimate gig there