FR: Sundara Karma / Bad Omens / Wunderhorse

1xtra: Fireboy DML / Pip Millett / ENNY

Sunday-

MSE: Blink-182 / Yungblud / Fredo / Nova Twins

MSW: Doja Cat / Anne-Marie / CHVRCHES / Yeat

Dance: Chase & Status (DJ Set) / Bou / Vibe Chemistry

FR: Lizzy McAlpine / d4vd / Hot Milk

1xtra: Nines / Doechii / Sainté

I’d be happy with this. I’d love for Giggs to make an appearance. It’s been years since I saw him.

6 hours ago, foolee said:

Olivia Rodrigo / Post Malone / Blink-182 

Kasabian / Royal Blood / Fred Again…

In an attempt to get the old guard back but keep the kids happy? Think this works and Royal Blood are back with a number 1 new album which is pretty decent. 

O-Rod alone may get me back (although not other boomer types I suspect!), otherwise Blink having not seen them since they last played Reading would be OK I guess, I’m not one for nostalgia though 

The rest, been there done that too many times or at least too many times too recently to be slight interested, bar Fred Again, who isn’t my bag but I’d be interested in seeing, given how insanely popular he seems to have become so quickly. 

One act not named to bring in the older crowd who are relatively perhaps under supplied at the mo - Blur

Not been mentioned at all really. Have they been overlooked, or discounted?

Is Parklife, Girls and boys etc big with the kids, or is that all completely lost on them

Surely they were born for The Universal British Gas ads 🤣

On 9/7/2023 at 1:41 PM, Chad888 said:

My mistake I read the US numbers for Lizzo. Plus we forget that charting means absolutly F all now, when i tunes, tidal, spotify numbers and youtube views count.

Lizzo is a name brand though. Every age has heard of her, and sung along to her music.

Olivia Rodrigo just sings about break-ups from teen boyfriends, she is not a crowd draw. At the moment she is a teen bopper. I like her sound, it is good, but we can't talk about the death of the festival becoming V-fest, and then recruit the latest Disney Channel teen.

Give her a few more years, let her get into adult alternative music like Miley is doing now, then give her that big name headliner spot. For now, she is an alternative.

Just like everybody convincing themselves, and then arguing that Youngblood was actually a headliner last year, we seem to be overhyping the situation a bit and not giving credit to FR for their actually decent headline acts.

Olivia literally outstreams, outsells and outcharts Lizzo in the UK, and that is before whatever numbers she does with the new album

I personally don't think she should headline next year, but you are really doing a disservice to her popularity

26 minutes ago, panda97 said:

Olivia literally outstreams, outsells and outcharts Lizzo in the UK, and that is before whatever numbers she does with the new album

I personally don't think she should headline next year, but you are really doing a disservice to her popularity

Just listened to the LP

As per what others have said earlier. Wow. What a step on from the first one. It will be huge. Like Taylor Swift cross with Hole and Joan Jett

Great stuff

6 hours ago, Benj said:

O-Rod alone may get me back (although not other boomer types I suspect!), otherwise Blink having not seen them since they last played Reading would be OK I guess, I’m not one for nostalgia though 

The rest, been there done that too many times or at least too many times too recently to be slight interested, bar Fred Again, who isn’t my bag but I’d be interested in seeing, given how insanely popular he seems to have become so quickly. 

One act not named to bring in the older crowd who are relatively perhaps under supplied at the mo - Blur

Not been mentioned at all really. Have they been overlooked, or discounted?

Is Parklife, Girls and boys etc big with the kids, or is that all completely lost on them

Surely they were born for The Universal British Gas ads 🤣

Blur would be lost on a lot of the younger crowd, I think. I wouldn’t be surprised if Oasis are the only Britpop band they know. No Blur, no Pulp, no Suede. Just Oasis. 

10 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Blur would be lost on a lot of the younger crowd, I think. I wouldn’t be surprised if Oasis are the only Britpop band they know. No Blur, no Pulp, no Suede. Just Oasis. 

“The younger crowd” (this makes me feel so old I’m only 19 😭) know blur, but the hype is considerably less than it would be for a Gallagher. Most would only know parklife, song 2 and girls and boys

now that I’m saying it out loud though it’s not too dissimilar to the killers… most only knew brightside, somebody told me and human

difference is I think damon would be less keen to do r&l. Could see them more likely doing something like Isle of Wight

8 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

How is there a debate if Olivia Rodrigo is MSE or MSW? Foals and Imagine Dragons were MSW this year, like come on. I know about 2 songs but she's so far into the MSE group it's not a debate. 

People on the Glasto forums are debating if she’s pyramid headline size but over here there’s uncertainly as to whether she’s MSE level…

1 hour ago, On The Blend said:

People on the Glasto forums are debating if she’s pyramid headline size but over here there’s uncertainly as to whether she’s MSE level…

I suspect she's prob gonna end up too big for MSE

At least until like Eilish she's exhausted all other venues. She's not really toured at all to any significant extent, there will be HUGE demand

So when you search ‘Green Day UK Tour 2024’ on Google and you scroll down the dates, Reading festival 2024 is there. The same if you do Blink-182, Post Malone, Paramore, Travis Scott, Royal Blood & YUNGBLUD.

I’ve tried some other acts like Kasabian, Fred again, O-Rod and Doja Cat no Reading appears. 

Edited by Andre91

On 9/8/2023 at 7:28 PM, foolee said:

Olivia Rodrigo / Post Malone / Blink-182 

Kasabian / Royal Blood / Fred Again…

In an attempt to get the old guard back but keep the kids happy? Think this works and Royal Blood are back with a number 1 new album which is pretty decent. 

If Fred Again headlines a night I’ll be at my first Leeds since 2019

50 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

So when you search ‘Green Day UK Tour 2024’ on Google and you scroll down the dates, Reading festival 2024 is there. The same if you do Blink-182, Post Malone, Paramore, Travis Scott, Royal Blood & YUNGBLUD.

I’ve tried some other acts like Kasabian, Fred again, O-Rod and Doja Cat no Reading appears. 

I can see that, I suppose it would mean that Post Malone and Paramore are MSW headliners though! Seems a little too strong.

Edited by WhoOdyssey

48 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Green Day, Blink, Posty, Paramore, Travis Scott seems a little too strong to believe