2024 Festival

Chad888

1 hour ago, tbywarren said:

O-Rod just announced a London show in May and she’s touring until the end of August around the world. Assuming she may headline 2025 instead due to a pretty loaded tour schedule already.

E7B5446A-2B8A-4CDE-A972-8C97D3C115AF.jpeg

Yup, like with Eilish Reading ain’t getting her…

This is the new MO for the massive acts, Arctic Monkeys being the exception that proves the rule. BIG own tour then pimp the festival circuit

Sub Glasto slot right at the end of the Euro tour, then off to America until 2025

Shame but not unexpected 

13 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

O-Rod out, Green Day in 😏

About time for them to come back to be fair

Dull as tired old dishwater for us fogues though

Edit - in fact most fogues will lap it up good and proper thinking about it, although I don’t know how much they’ve toured the UK of late

Edited by Benj

30 minutes ago, Benj said:

About time for them to come back to be fair

Dull as tired old dishwater for us fogues though

Edit - in fact most fogues will lap it up good and proper thinking about it, although I don’t know how much they’ve toured the UK of late

I haven’t seen Green Day since 2013 and I was bored by them but enough time has passed now that I would have a lovely time watching them play a greatest hits set (which they’ve pretty much been doing) with some beers down me. 

In all seriousness though, I think that O-Rod being out just makes Postie more likely as he will cover the pop side of things. 

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

I haven’t seen Green Day since 2013 and I was bored by them but enough time has passed now that I would have a lovely time watching them play a greatest hits set (which they’ve pretty much been doing) with some beers down me. 

In all seriousness though, I think that O-Rod being out just makes Postie more likely as he will cover the pop side of things. 

Can’t remember the last time I saw them, would’ve been whenever they last played Reading (so prob 2013 if that’s when you saw them)

Youre right though that enough time has probably passed and expectations will be low enough that it will be entertaining enough

A more filled out version

MSE: Paramore, Yungblud, PinkPantheress
MSW: J Hus, Headie One, Beabadoobee

MSE: Travis Scott, Ice Spice, Gunna
MSW: Fred Again.., Blossoms, Sigrid

MSE: Muse, Jamie T, Idles
MSW: Gerry Cinnamon, Anne-Marie, Tom Grennan

9 minutes ago, wghennessy said:

I mean he's done wireless before...I dont see why he isnt "gettable" for Reading/Leeds

in 2015 yeah, he would rightly command a much bigger fee now... probably 3 or 4 times as much... he did stand in last minute for DJ Khaled more recently (2018?) but that would've been as a favour to him (like 1975 this year with Lewis) and he'd have been paid DJ Khaled's fee in turn, not the millions he'd want to headline now

Drake's in the Coldplay / Ed Sheehan / Taylor Swift bracket nowadays, out of reach for Reading/Leeds

20 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Yeah she's comfortably free for R+L but it doesn't seem likely that she'd pop back over here for the festival/whatever else after such a big tour as you say.

Agree

she could do glasto in the lizzo slot but i reckon that was a one off anyway due to 3 men

14 hours ago, Sorcha17 said:

started this one before the O-Rod tour announcement

gENDeYF.jpg

This is solid and reasonable imo

Grennan is doing Gunnersbury with Blossoms supporting so might need a rethink there - obviously blossoms bigger up north so a weird one anyway

Is Jamie T no longer Reading material?

Not sure if he appeals to the Dark Fruits brigade or is a little more niche. I'd assume there is a bit of a North/ South divide with him too. MSW header seems perhaps a little too big, MSE sub a little too small?

A traditional, single main stage sub spot seems about right...

13 minutes ago, Benj said:

Is Jamie T no longer Reading material?

Not sure if he appeals to the Dark Fruits brigade or is a little more niche. I'd assume there is a bit of a North/ South divide with him too. MSW header seems perhaps a little too big, MSE sub a little too small?

A traditional, single main stage sub spot seems about right...

Feel like he's not got the longevity of some of the classic dark fruits ones - i think he doesn't give much bang for their buck as a MSE sub (which is where he'd be) vs some of the other similar options

thats my take anyway

53 minutes ago, gfa said:

she could do glasto in the lizzo slot but i reckon that was a one off anyway due to 3 men

She's way bigger than Lizzo. Lizzo was the right size to sub this year, regardless of 3 male headliners. O-Rod is way bigger and would only get the headline gig there.