2024 Festival

Chad888

33 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

It’s very strong, yeah, which is why I’m not putting too much stock in it. 

However, Iron Maiden, Rammstein & Avenged Sevenfold were leaked a while ago as Download headliners and when you search any of those bands with ‘UK tour 2024’, Download comes up for them. 

Says the same for the 1975 though

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

So when you search ‘Green Day UK Tour 2024’ on Google and you scroll down the dates, Reading festival 2024 is there. The same if you do Blink-182, Post Malone, Paramore, Travis Scott, Royal Blood & YUNGBLUD.

I’ve tried some other acts like Kasabian, Fred again, O-Rod and Doja Cat no Reading appears. 

Paramore / Travis Scott / Green Day

Post Malone / Blink-182 / YUNGBLUD

Royal Blood to sub either Paramore or Green Day.

Hate to repeat it again but Blink aren’t anything less than MSE headliner. 

It’s way too strong to be real. It would require someone playing MSW who is way too big. 

Green Day x Post Malone 

Travis Scott x Paramore 

Blink-182 x Royal Blood 

No combination works. I know Postie has dropped off a bit but he’s still comfortably a MSE headliner. Travis, Green Day and Blink all are too. I would say Paramore also but with them already playing to a billion people on that Taylor Swift tour, I guess maybe they could drop down to MSW. Royal Blood is the only one you look at who seem the right size for that stage. YUNGBLUD would be a perfect sub for Blink or Green Day. 

This is a long winded way of saying I don’t think those are the headliners. 

Edited by Andre91

I was going to say maybe it’s super strong to get the old guard back and sell more tickets but as mentioned probably way too strong. Would be incredible though however I think it’s debunked by 1975 appearing when you also do the search and there ain’t no way they’re headlining 3 years running. 

8 minutes ago, foolee said:

I was going to say maybe it’s super strong to get the old guard back and sell more tickets but as mentioned probably way too strong. Would be incredible though however I think it’s debunked by 1975 appearing when you also do the search and there ain’t no way they’re headlining 3 years running. 

Haven’t you heard? The 1975 are headlining every year forever. 

But to address your first point, yeah, I think that group of headliners would get a lot of older heads (25+) back at the festival. 

Edited by Andre91

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

It’s very strong, yeah, which is why I’m not putting too much stock in it. 

However, Iron Maiden, Rammstein & Avenged Sevenfold were leaked a while ago as Download headliners and when you search any of those bands with ‘UK tour 2024’, Download comes up for them. 

Did Girl in Red ever turn up at resident in the end? Wasn’t similar on her she file for months in advance

8 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I don’t think they would have anything booked yet anyway, maybe one act lined up or a couple of verbal agreements to play. Still 11 months off, most artists won’t have a tour schedule just yet

2 hours ago, gblock said:

I don’t think they would have anything booked yet anyway, maybe one act lined up or a couple of verbal agreements to play. Still 11 months off, most artists won’t have a tour schedule just yet

I think big artists like headliners plan tours 2 years in advance so your bands like Blink, Green Day, Travis Scott and Post Malone will have dates/tours/festivals planned for next summer if they’re touring by now. 

8 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Haven’t you heard? The 1975 are headlining every year forever. 

But to address your first point, yeah, I think that group of headliners would get a lot of older heads (25+) back at the festival. 

Next year is going to be pretty stacked then. Must be adding a 3rd main stage as BMTH are also headlining 😂 1975 doing a different album every year. Looks like they went down well again and sold out their tour in quick time so think they’d sell tickets if they came back every year! 

I do wonder whether they’ll keep with the same format or try to get some of the older heads back with the lineup due to it being a bit emptier this year, especially in Leeds. 

1 hour ago, foolee said:

I think big artists like headliners plan tours 2 years in advance so your bands like Blink, Green Day, Travis Scott and Post Malone will have dates/tours/festivals planned for next summer if they’re touring by now. 

Blink only have dates up to April confirmed so far, and that’s a huge worldwide tour they’re on.
Even if they plan on playing given that MB has offered them a slot, it’s likely nothing will be official just yet

1 hour ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

It's comes up for The Killers and Dua Lipa too so I think 3 main stages is the only explanation 

Everyone: bring back the tent and more guitar/rock acts.

Melvin/R&L: You asked, we listened. We’re happy to announce we’re getting rid of all the tents and adding a 3rd main stage! 

• Like 1

The line-up touted above is never going to happen.

However, I wouldn't mind for them to put MSE and MSW running concurrently, one more urban/hip-hop and the other more indie/rock.

Travis Scott, Post Malone, Fred Again headlining one.

Blink-182, Green-Day, Paramore headline the other.

It certainly stops the rap kids camping through rock acts supporting, ruining the experience for the rest of the crowd who are trying to not stand on them, and vice versa.

It gives variation and then combine 1Xtra and Dance, have a R1 friendly / FR tent combination and then a pit/lockup tent.

2 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

However, I wouldn't mind for them to put MSE and MSW running concurrently, one more urban/hip-hop and the other more indie/rock.

It certainly stops the rap kids camping through rock acts supporting, ruining the experience for the rest of the crowd who are trying to not stand on them, and vice versa.

It gives variation and then combine 1Xtra and Dance, have a R1 friendly / FR tent combination and then a pit/lockup tent.

You want people moving not camped in the same spot all day to avoid massive lulls in atmosphere

There were very few people suggesting format changes pre 2021.  The old system worked and would be very easy to bring back logistics-wise, other than the actual booking aspect of it which would be tough...

If they bring back the big tent, I think it's unrealistic to assume we'd also get back a 3rd small/ niche stage.  Having a single high quality rotating Pit/ lockup/ 1xtra day could be better than having a watered down versions over 3 days...

FR remains as it.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, VCK said:

Paramore / Travis Scott / Green Day

Post Malone / Blink-182 /
YUNGBLUD

Royal Blood to sub either Paramore or Green Day.

This is 5 MSE headliners

16 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Hate to repeat it again but Blink aren’t anything less than MSE headliner. 

It’s way too strong to be real. It would require someone playing MSW who is way too big. 

Green Day x Post Malone 

Travis Scott x Paramore 

Blink-182 x Royal Blood 

No combination works. I know Postie has dropped off a bit but he’s still comfortably a MSE headliner. Travis, Green Day and Blink all are too. I would say Paramore also but with them already playing to a billion people on that Taylor Swift tour, I guess maybe they could drop down to MSW. Royal Blood is the only one you look at who seem the right size for that stage. YUNGBLUD would be a perfect sub for Blink or Green Day. 

This is also 5 MSE headliners

16 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

This is also 5 MSE headliners (and Fred Again probably will be one by next summer)

How are they going to afford this exactly😂

16 minutes ago, gfa said:

This is  5 MSE headliners (and Fred Again probably will be one by next summer)

How are they going to afford this exactly😂

Hence "this line-up touted is never going to happen"

It is a cool concept though, which is why people are playing with the idea.

Amazingly, none of us are booking for FR or manage the budget, so crying "BUT HOW CAN THEY AFFORD IT" is like shouting at somebody for taking Accrington Stanley to the Premier League in Football Manager.

The line-up will be

Olivia Rodrigo // Eminem // Blink-182 (subs Aitch, AJ Tracey, Youngblood)

Dua Lipa // Royal Blood // Paramore (subs Wombats, Courteeners, Declan Mckenna)

13 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

Hence "this line-up touted is never going to happen"

It is a cool concept though, which is why people are playing with the idea.

Amazingly, none of us are booking for FR or manage the budget, so crying "BUT HOW CAN THEY AFFORD IT" is like shouting at somebody for taking Accrington Stanley to the Premier League in Football Manager.

The line-up will be

Olivia Rodrigo // Eminem // Blink-182 (subs Aitch, AJ Tracey, Youngblood)

Dua Lipa // Royal Blood // Paramore (subs Wombats, Courteeners, Declan Mckenna)

Yours said it won't happen but the other 2 didn't to be fair.

Considering whether a lineup is actually feasible is a pretty big part of this forum - just look at the countless arguments at what slot x artist plays. Your new prediction is also a bit too big imo, 5 MSE headliners yet again lol

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Yours said it won't happen but the other 2 didn't to be fair.

Considering whether a lineup is actually feasible is a pretty big part of this forum - just look at the countless arguments at what slot x artist plays. Your new prediction is also a bit too big imo, 5 MSE headliners yet again lol

You're right, it is still big. I remember the year of Fallout Boy, Panic at the Disco, Kings of Leon.

I think we are due back for a Fallout Boy showing again.

Fallout Boy // Eminem // Paramore

AJ Tracy // 21 Pilots // Royal Blood

4 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

You're right, it is still big. I remember the year of Fallout Boy, Panic at the Disco, Kings of Leon.

I think we are due back for a Fallout Boy showing again.

Fallout Boy // Eminem // Paramore

AJ Tracy // 21 Pilots // Royal Blood

From the sublime to the god awful.

I dread to think how that would sell after this years sales!