2024 Festival

Chad888

10 hours ago, VCK said:

I didn't go on their day last year, but going by the BBC footage at Reading and YouTube footage of Leeds they seemed to draw a pretty lively crowd. I think if the festival are wanting to bump up another modern rock act, they're one they should definitely take into consideration. Unless album number four is a total flop.

Yeah I didn't think their Reading crowd was small by any means, just not the side i'd instantly want to bump them up the lineup.

In comparison, their crowd at Primavera Barcelona last year was enormous. Definitely up there as one of the biggest non headline crowds which really surprised me. There was a massive percentage of Irish people there though which may have helped contribute.

Either way, I'd love to see them get big enough for a massive slot and think they do deserve it!

18 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Probably too strong but imma go with

Travis Scott // SZA

Liam Gallagher // Fred Again

Rage Against the Machine // Paramore

Reckon you're right that it's too strong but this would actually get me back in for a weekend. 5/6, not arsed about Scott but the rest are a shout.

Still think Live Nation might have fallen out with RATM a bit though after they literally didn't even say their name when replacing with The 1975. I know that money talks but it's not like they don't have a wealth of other acts to choose from to make the money.

Edited by BenG92

Think RATM are a bit of a joke a this point, needs to be put to rest until they are next about imo - will they even be touring in 2024 as it is do we think?

I don't imagine they've fell out but theres definitely a mountain of other options.

6 hours ago, gfa said:

Think RATM are a bit of a joke a this point, needs to be put to rest until they are next about imo - will they even be touring in 2024 as it is do we think?

I don't imagine they've fell out but theres definitely a mountain of other options.

The time for Rage is passed. Even the music purist rock fans have grown up and are to old to go to the fest. They were the scene 35 years ago. They were cool dad music 15 years ago when they got the Xmas number 1. Now they're just your old dads music. The audience will abandon the main stage and head to 1xtra for Ardee or his next replica.

11 hours ago, charlierc said:

They got suggested for All Points East a few times in other chats. Think that could also work?

I haven't done APE so I don't know the vibe, but I don't see why not with the right undercard, for sure. 

Much as I love Rage though, they're definitely not as popular as a lot of people make out. Their Leeds day was the only one of 6 not sold out, Scotland wasn't sold out either last I checked. 

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Huwey said:

There Not more relevant than imagine dragons, dragons are massive, courteeners tho are much the better band

Subjective obviously, I’d not really want to listen to either for 90 minutes myself but would definitely choose ID if having to choose