Wide Awake 2023

Tony Zografos please

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

New names this week, who's everyone hoping for?  

When? I havent seen any indication that it'll be this week

1 hour ago, collectivisedfarming said:

Moldy Peaches and Alvvays have sold out London dates around Wide Awake so like to see them on the bill. Also Ex-Void who are support to Alvvays. 

Highly doubt  two bands that already have  shows in London that close to the festival will be playing.....

3 minutes ago, collectivisedfarming said:

Gretel Hanlyn and a load of djs added in today's announcement. Looks weaker than any of the previous three wide awake events. 

Yeah, Oneohtrix, Los Bitchos and Osees aside, really doesn't have much else jumping out this year. Probably going to take a pass for the first year so far. I think RALLY looks more exciting this year.

Edited by pedrogooch

17 minutes ago, evilduck said:

Model/Actriz got added which I suspected as they are playing the Lex on Thursday, worth checking out if you like post-punk/dance-punk/noise

My mate has tickets to The Lex show and was asking me to come; told him I'd be holding off till the Wide Wake announcement then it sold out. Panic set in just for them to be announced today aha

Very glad! 

On 4/10/2023 at 9:23 PM, Memory Man said:

Also this really is the new old field day isnt it? Im so here for it - v well curated.

Yeah it absolutely reminds me of earlier field days. I used to love those and I'm very excited if Wide Awake continue in this vein. Although I would love it even more if it was in East London!

1 hour ago, evilduck said:

Yeah it absolutely reminds me of earlier field days. I used to love those and I'm very excited if Wide Awake continue in this vein. Although I would love it even more if it was in East London!

I think its such a gem hvaing it in south london. I do live close so that helps haha 

• 2 weeks later...