Wide Awake 2023

Tony Zografos please

5 minutes ago, axel75 said:

I heard mention of Spiritualized headlining last year. Apparently they are trying to get one long-running/influential headliner each year.

Its gone to one day again icymi so that would make their headliner each year always long-running / influential. Feels like the complete opposite of what they have generally been going for if thats the case.

16 hours ago, Field Commander Jefferson said:

Can't imagine Spiritualized are big enough to headline these days

I'd add as well that Spiritualized at an outdoor gig is not really for them. It's so layered with lots going on that outside most of the time it just sounds like mush. I saw them in Bath this year and then again at Forwards in Bristol and the difference was astounding.

I hope Slowdive are active next year and turn up at this.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

I'd add as well that Spiritualized at an outdoor gig is not really for them. It's so layered with lots going on that outside most of the time it just sounds like mush. I saw them in Bath this year and then again at Forwards in Bristol and the difference was astounding.

I hope Slowdive are active next year and turn up at this.

Agreed and yes, slowdive would be a great headliner

Could totally see king gizz headlining this going by the undercard. They’re well overdue some UK dates, haven’t played here since the pandemic. Saw plenty of t shirts on the day they were supposed to play APE- sure fire ticket seller. Either way the undercard is worth it for the price at the moment, I paid £30 to see osees earlier in the year, add in ty and APTBS it’s a no brainier, going to be a fun day for sure!!!!

1 hour ago, scatteredscreens said:

I'd love King Gizz, I think I read there's a bit of beef between them on Osees, or rather someone in Osees moaned they were ripping them off.

Yeah I think one of osees drummers made a bit of a snidey dig at them on Twitter a few years ago but then clarified that they were friends. Gizz aren’t shy about their influences and have cited osees in the past I’m sure. To see them both on the same bill would be awesome!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...