Taylor swift

brettredmayne

4 hours ago, Skip997 said:

That's me.

There's no way I can phrase this without the Swift mafia jumping on me, and I'm not saying she's bad, but the hype is off the scale. Although she is better than Adele and that ginger busker geezer.

At least one person on here has claimed she is one of the best singer songwriters of all time, sorry but this is nonsense, there are a huge number that are better.

One thing she is among the best ever at is PR and marketing.

I've probably failed Florian Saucer Attack's challenge here.

Story as old as the hills isn't it? 

If the resale sites are flogging these tickets for $28k (according to that news story) does this mean she's bigger than Jesus now? 

9 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Story as old as the hills isn't it? 

If the resale sites are flogging these tickets for $28k (according to that news story) does this mean she's bigger than Jesus now? 

Wasn't that the Beatles; who just happen to have had two, possibly three, songwriters better than TS?

It's a bit like "football began in 1992", anything pre Premier league is discounted/forgotten.

Edited by Skip997

8 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

The fact Taylor hasn't even made a comment. Not even on the morning of the presale, is frankly ridiculous. 

Agreed. Even her team Taylor Nation just retweeted it. A lot of fans are saying what can she do/what could she say but a sorry and a statement again TM would go a long way. People say she would get sued - no she wouldn’t it would make TM look even worse. I imagine her and her team are scrambling trying to add extra dates. And where’s the Canada date btw??

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

How is it possible to sell out by a presale? Is that a thing?

Before verified fan, tm used to put everything avail on presales for high demand shows. They would sell it out and then just say "new date added" the next day and so on and so forth. They were sort of reacting to the demand. Now with the data you get from how many people sign up who want tickets you can literally just add shows to meet the demand and not worry. 

The only real things they can do

a) add even more dates / promise further shows in 2024, both US and internationally

b) get the tickets listed on stub hub etc cancelled and back on sale

Obviously in an ideal world the tickets should only be able to be resold for what you paid for them and / or there should be glasto esque photo id on the tickets to prevent resale - but those would be considerations for future tours.

20 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

The fact Taylor hasn't even made a comment. Not even on the morning of the presale, is frankly ridiculous. 

Swifties vs. Ticketmaster needs to be Swifties vs Swift.

Taylor has the power to change this. She generates more money for Ticketmaster than just about anyone - if she puts her foot down on ticket prices and dynamic pricing, they would follow suit. They wouldn’t have a choice, they are nothing without artists. We all know what Ticketmaster are about, what’s happened this week was utterly predictable and the fact she’s remained silent on it is pretty disgraceful. To outright cancel a general on sale without comment from the artist is a shocking look. 

I hold out hope that she could be someone to speak up on this, and her position in the industry would put her in prime position, but her record as a sizeable cog in the capitalist machine doesn’t bode well. 

• Upvote 3