Taylor swift

brettredmayne

Definitely get the vibe that she’s been influenced by the likes of Lorde and Billie for this one. A few songs sound like they could’ve come straight from Pure Heroine to my ears with the minimal production, and the warbling electronics that pop up quite a bit sound like a lot of Billie’s stuff. 

Couple of listens in now and I think it’s great. It’s probably not gonna go down as one of her finer moments or a genius reinvention, but it’s a solid 8/10 I think. 

Karma was rumoured to be the single, right? ‘Cause it definitely sounds like it. 

The art direction and artwork for this is so off base with the actual album, which as a fan is quite disappointing. She's never had a great eye for visuals or worldbuilding compared to a lot of artists but there's a really weird disconnect between what I was expecting (which the Stevie Nicks/rock rumours would have tracked with) and what's delivered here.

There's a few really good tunes but as a body of work it's far from a career best, and some of it runs a bit samey. Either way it's a good excuse for her to tour, so whatever.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Definitely get the vibe that she’s been influenced by the likes of Lorde and Billie for this one. A few songs sound like they could’ve come straight from Pure Heroine to my ears with the minimal production, and the warbling electronics that pop up quite a bit sound like a lot of Billie’s stuff. 

Couple of listens in now and I think it’s great. It’s probably not gonna go down as one of her finer moments or a genius reinvention, but it’s a solid 8/10 I think. 

Karma was rumoured to be the single, right? ‘Cause it definitely sounds like it. 

Anti-Hero is the lead single.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

The art direction and artwork for this is so off base with the actual album, which as a fan is quite disappointing. She's never had a great eye for visuals or worldbuilding compared to a lot of artists but there's a really weird disconnect between what I was expecting (which the Stevie Nicks/rock rumours would have tracked with) and what's delivered here.

There's a few really good tunes but as a body of work it's far from a career best, and some of it runs a bit samey. Either way it's a good excuse for her to tour, so whatever.

Yeah seen a few reddit people say this and I think I agree. She laid out a particular vibe with all of the promo stuff that the album doesn’t really deliver on so I kind of get why some people are taken aback or disappointed by what they’re hearing.

I feel like a total wiener trying to defend this album and criticising the ‘vibes’ but I’ve fallen down the Swifty rabbit hole with this one.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I really like it tbh. I think Rep fans should feel seen.

I loved Rep but I found some of the lyrics and direction a bit cringe. So an album influenced by Rep with more mature lyrics is great.

Rep is a fine album but I think the jarring nature of the Ready for it, LWYMMD and End Game put a lot of people off and they never got past it. The tour was sensational and Taylor played most of it to delighted people in the stadia.

35 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

Rep is a fine album but I think the jarring nature of the Ready for it, LWYMMD and End Game put a lot of people off and they never got past it. The tour was sensational and Taylor played most of it to delighted people in the stadia.

Agreed - they are 3 of the weaker tracks that I rarely listen to - lots of better stuff on that album.  Although they did sound fantastic live, particularly Ready for it which went off big time!

• Upvote 1