ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

16 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Oh I know I'm hugely privileged to be going on holiday, don't worry about that! Paid for it two years ago, mind.

Not having a pop at you, just pointing out that not everyone is struggling. 

53 minutes ago, Neil said:

Who knows where we will be next year when our fixed mortgage ends? Still better off than a lot of people though, I'm fully aware. I see being able to buy a Glastonbury ticket as a huge luxury anyway, to be honest.

57 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Really wish it was today, not into this November business.

Tentatively made a start on the spreadsheet for our groups yesterday and it made me feel a bit ill tbh.

Me neither. First the bloody World Cup, now Glastonbury. What's next? Is nothing sacred anymore?! 

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

1 hour ago, Neil said:

Struggling is relative though. For some going on holiday to Florida instead of a private island would be struggling. For some not having enough food for the kids is struggling. 

4 hours ago, Neil said:

I'm not really. 

Essentialy some poor life choices have accidently let me in a position where I'm largely sheltered from the cost of living increases. Friends who are in much better jobs and make much more money than me are far more exposed. My costs are going to go up but not by much. 

3 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Have just tested positive for covid so even more glad it wasn't today! Knew this cold was a stinker.

Sorry to hear that, Hope you make a quick recovery. Though I’m sure if it was ticket day your adrenaline would have carried you through it!  We’re going for our covid and flu jabs this week, a few days before going on hols, just hope there’s no adverse reactions. 

56 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Sorry to hear that, Hope you make a quick recovery. Though I’m sure if it was ticket day your adrenaline would have carried you through it!  We’re going for our covid and flu jabs this week, a few days before going on hols, just hope there’s no adverse reactions. 

Thank you! Hope they all go smoothly for you and have a nice holiday.

• Thanks 1

On 10/8/2022 at 11:33 AM, Zoo Music Girl said:

My worry is always getting stuck in traffic. But good to know it's possible! As I say, really thinking about getting a hotel near the O2 this year if we can find a cheap one. Then we could take our time getting over there on Tuesday night after rush hour.

It's such a stupid location. Appreciate a space issue but it adds an hour to the journey just getting through London as well.

Theres 100% somewhere in West London that could be used, bet they could sort something out with Heathrow for instance which has great transport links. The o2 isn't even that easy to get to!

On 10/8/2022 at 3:05 PM, clarkete said:

Why do you think that? 

I've got coach half a dozen times, every time in first sale got my nearest location (Bristol), once in secret resale got London O2 (got a train up on the day, then underground and then the coach), this year resale Taunton (megabus and short taxi). 

What you outline would make no difference, simply there would be a much longer list of choices in the resale, which would be a pain for the festival and the buyers. 

I don't think i explained it very clearly - the bit you bolded about the resale is a small chunk of the benefit i was just pointing it out too. Optimising the main sale as much as possible and then just stuffing whatever is left on the resale is the main point

37 minutes ago, gfa said:

I don't think i explained it very clearly - the bit you bolded about the resale is a small chunk of the benefit i was just pointing it out too. Optimising the main sale as much as possible and then just stuffing whatever is left on the resale is the main point

Ah, I still think it creates a bunch of extra complication for the festival, plus as mentioned if you've increased the range of departure points then the list of coaches in the resale will increase to more pages which in turn will make it trickier for those of us mugs trying to choose somewhere that's not too far from where we live within the short interval before their sold out.

Quite easy for me to tell lovely folks in a resale group a couple of these that I can get to most easily so it can be put on a spreadsheet, I wouldn't fancy it so much if it were 40, 60 or whatever number of potential departure points.

19coaches-768x387.jpg

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Theres 100% somewhere in West London that could be used, bet they could sort something out with Heathrow for instance which has great transport links. The o2 isn't even that easy to get to!

Totally - Richmond has a decent sized bus station which could also then hoover up folks from the Surrey area as well as West London.

But even better would be Heathrow to add in addition to the O2 (which itself I suppose must be convenient for those coming in from East / South-east of London), with Heathrow being intentionally very easy to get to, especially with the Elizabeth line going there now as well as all the Heathrow Express, other trains, tubes etc. O2 must be great for some, but it seems odd that it's still the only one for London and all points South and East of it (oops, not to promote any other festivals on here.....😄)

1 hour ago, clarkete said:

Ah, I still think it creates a bunch of extra complication for the festival, plus as mentioned if you've increased the range of departure points then the list of coaches in the resale will increase to more pages which in turn will make it trickier for those of us mugs trying to choose somewhere that's not too far from where we live within the short interval before their sold out.

Quite easy for me to tell lovely folks in a resale group a couple of these that I can get to most easily so it can be put on a spreadsheet, I wouldn't fancy it so much if it were 40, 60 or whatever number of potential departure points.

19coaches-768x387.jpg

Changing anything makes it more of a challenge for the festival, i think my suggestion would improve user experience but it sells out every year so they clearly aren't fussed.

re the bit in bold, think thats only us on here vs the masses!

1 hour ago, billum said:

Totally - Richmond has a decent sized bus station which could also then hoover up folks from the Surrey area as well as West London.

But even better would be Heathrow to add in addition to the O2 (which itself I suppose must be convenient for those coming in from East / South-east of London), with Heathrow being intentionally very easy to get to, especially with the Elizabeth line going there now as well as all the Heathrow Express, other trains, tubes etc. O2 must be great for some, but it seems odd that it's still the only one for London and all points South and East of it (oops, not to promote any other festivals on here.....😄)

There is Brighton but yeah pretty much. Good 15-20 million people its the most convenient for i bet

1 minute ago, leath02 said:

Nope 6 at a time

image.png.6b11c9ee5bf3c6353eef261e04e424c1.png

Last line of third paragraph also answers first question

5 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

If you’re buying coach for a group of 6, do all 6 have to go from the same pick up spot?

Edited by leath02

• Crazyfool01 changed the title to ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales