ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

1 minute ago, Sack truck said:

My guess would be all the tickets that crashed going to payment screen had been held for them. That’s why lots were getting message saying purchase in process. Crash folk can’t get back in and eventually those tickets go back in pot as payment not received. The numbers getting tickets after they said sold out suggests this was a huge problem for them

Well going by my luck today 3 card payments and 2 failures. So I wouldn't actually be shocked if 10s of thousands of tickets were cycling through failed payment and going back into the pot.

25 minutes ago, Northtim said:

Our groups had most of these, although when finally got to the payment screed 20 mins after the sold out tweet that worked OK.  Guessing less people were still trying then.

The site not being reachable and the holding page (the 20 sec page) freezing or being lost seem like past sales just due to the volume trying.

I had the strange loop thing where I finally got through to entering the reg details, click proceed and saw all the names and £50 deposits info but when clicking confirm on that screen it went back to the 20 sec/holding screen.  No way to break out of that by clicking back or refeshing.  When another in the group got through I expected it to fail as I was still in that loop but they managed to get through to the payment screen and buy OK.  Wonder if one or some servers had that glitch which was the tech problem?

I had exactly this, clicked back and then proceed. Got stuck in this loop. But no joy. Was I refreshing the queue page , or my form as it kept giving me the prompt about form resubmit? Tried this for over an hour. Whilst still having other tabs trying for the reg page. Beyond gutted. It's been 25years on the trot for me, whilst some say it's time to step aside, I'm proud that I've spent over half my life supporting "the summertime Santa" that Mr Eavis is.  It's disappointing that the system crashed like this and the payment page. There must be a better way to make this system cope with the demand. The queue page lol what is that really. The festival is my life, it changed me, and I so wish to be able to find a way back home, to my happy place with the happy people. Not giving up hope yet.  Funk x

Edited by mrfunk
Typo
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, jonnyisRFC said:

Congrats! Makes me feel sick though, got in at 10:31, entered all details and got “all tickets allocated”. Submitted it again and got “no event found”.

Jeez. Sorry. The team had got in an hour earlier and been locked out by ST, saying that tickets already allocated to those numbers. Locked out for about an hour I think before getting back on and booking. Total F up. 

Be curious to know what the successful people did to get through as opposed to the unsuccessful.

I have a feeling I might have had too many browsers refreshing this year but not sure but the moment I closed majority down I got through but very late in the day so was not successful.  My mate had same experience so wonder what everyone else's experience was like.

4 minutes ago, The Other Steve said:

Be curious to know what the successful people did to get through as opposed to the unsuccessful.

I have a feeling I might have had too many browsers refreshing this year but not sure but the moment I closed majority down I got through but very late in the day so was not successful.  My mate had same experience so wonder what everyone else's experience was like.

Also intrigued, a couple in my group got to the confirm registrations screen before the payment and kept getting put on a holding screen which I've not seen before, did a mixture of refresh and back button and proceed but no joy 😞

19 minutes ago, The Other Steve said:

I had 3 devices running all using separate network connections, in the end I just let my phone work on it as the sole device. First time I saw a ticket page was 10:15, tickets bought by 10:18. 

I don’t think there’s any trends to be successful, entirely luck in my view.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, The Other Steve said:

Same as usual. Multiple devices all refreshing as often as you can. No VPN, no incognito mode (these will likely hurt, not help), pick the fastest devices you have, with the fastest internet connection, and buy as many lottery tickets as you can (i.e. refreshes). Also, use the direct queue URL so you don't have to gamble on the landing page not loading (which it didn't this morning for many people). If you can't refresh on all your devices, set them up to auto-refresh once a second.

What I don't think anyone can help with is what happens once you get to the sale page. There seemed to be a lot of issues with payments this year, far more than I can remember previously. Not sure what anyone can do about that. I'd probably advise people try and pre-warn their bank, or pre-authorise a payment for the resale if they can so you don't have to go through any MFA, as it adds a step and an opportunity to fail, and it feels like banks are far more likely to have issues on the resale where you're paying the full price than the main sale where you're only paying the deposit.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Cooter said:

Hope you got screenshot? Sounds like a potential serious discussion with SEE to me.

This also happened with reg specifically.

Someone else got in for us, I'd never been past the reg page, system said I was sorted.. I definitely wasn't.

4 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Absolutely devastated.

My friend got through, put our reg details in + card. Sent it off to processing. Must of crashed during processing because it locked our registrations / said that these registrations have been allocated tickets.

So essentially we got through on multiple occasions, I had other groups get in any try for us too… but it was all for nothing because due to an error on the system it said we were already sorted.

ABSOLUTELY. DEVASTATED.

19 minutes ago, mufcok said:

This also happened with reg specifically.

Someone else got in for us, I'd never been past the reg page, system said I was sorted.. I definitely wasn't.

This will happen if the payment fails, the reg are locked as it thinks the payment is going through which means no one can purchase tickets on those registrations until the lock times out. It's not new. Happened to me in the resale last year (no authorisation was requested from Barclays) and a group I was trying for in the coach sale (again no authorisation was sent to revolut so they declined the transaction). Luckily someone else got us tix at the death in the resale and the group I was trying for coach tickets were sorted today. 

3 minutes ago, Levitz said:

This will happen if the payment fails, the reg are locked as it thinks the payment is going through which means no one can purchase tickets on those registrations until the lock times out. It's not new. Happened to me in the resale last year (no authorisation was requested from Barclays) and a group I was trying for in the coach sale (again no authorisation was sent to revolut so they declined the transaction). Luckily someone else got us tix at the death in the resale and the group I was trying for coach tickets were sorted today. 

I never got to the payment page, only the second reg page

1 hour ago, jonnyisRFC said:

Congrats! Makes me feel sick though, got in at 10:31, entered all details and got “all tickets allocated”. Submitted it again and got “no event found”.

I had the same experience as this at 10.27.

It's just the luck of the draw, sometimes you win, sometimes not. 

1 hour ago, essjay2009 said:

Same as usual. Multiple devices all refreshing as often as you can. No VPN, no incognito mode (these will likely hurt, not help), pick the fastest devices you have, with the fastest internet connection, and buy as many lottery tickets as you can (i.e. refreshes). Also, use the direct queue URL so you don't have to gamble on the landing page not loading (which it didn't this morning for many people). If you can't refresh on all your devices, set them up to auto-refresh once a second.

What I don't think anyone can help with is what happens once you get to the sale page. There seemed to be a lot of issues with payments this year, far more than I can remember previously. Not sure what anyone can do about that. I'd probably advise people try and pre-warn their bank, or pre-authorise a payment for the resale if they can so you don't have to go through any MFA, as it adds a step and an opportunity to fail, and it feels like banks are far more likely to have issues on the resale where you're paying the full price than the main sale where you're only paying the deposit.

This.

It's all about maximising your chances. Use autohotkey, and page refreshers. Let the tech do the work for you. 

To add to this, I would try to avoid using work laptops as they're most likely firewalled off and using shared public IPs. You want to spread over as many publics as possible. Having said that, people have lots of success on mobiles...

4 hours ago, essjay2009 said:

Are we able to finally put to bed the rumour that the site rate limits by IP address? I had four devices all refreshing at 1 second intervals, going through the same connection (which happens to have a fixed IP) and got tickets at about 09:25. Nothing to suggest I was being blocked or rate limited, even though I was ~4 times the claimed limit, and I'm yet to see any solid evidence that such a limit exists.

With CGNAT ISPs use the same IP address for multiple customers (mine does, which is why I pay for a fixed dedicated IP address) so it would be madness to rate limit just on IP, not to mention those on shared connections un university, companies, hotels, community connections etc. I don't know of any modern HA site that does, they all use more advanced heuristic signals and have done for some time.

Not sure if it’s per device then? If you refresh 60 time in quick succession on glastonbury.seetickets.com you’ll get the ‘fake’ holding page even now.

073EF2E9-9694-452D-9D3D-C687F5178830.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tj95 said:

Also intrigued, a couple in my group got to the confirm registrations screen before the payment and kept getting put on a holding screen which I've not seen before, did a mixture of refresh and back button and proceed but no joy 😞

Had this seems we were the "lucky" ones who probably got in early and then experienced the crash.

45 minutes ago, Kneale said:

Not sure if it’s per device then? If you refresh 60 time in quick succession on glastonbury.seetickets.com you’ll get the ‘fake’ holding page even now.

073EF2E9-9694-452D-9D3D-C687F5178830.png

What does the real one look like if that is the fake? That screen was as far as I got today & was refreshing less than 60x/min?

• Crazyfool01 changed the title to ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales