ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

25 minutes ago, Neil said:

there might not be an issue but there might be an issue because you've no idea what else might be going on with that vpn, probably better to stick to your home setup where you know and control what's going on

Yeah, I always use my home setup on my works laptop, but always used different VPNs on separate browsers on a crappy old laptop with an auto refresh, and every sale I've been in it is one of the VPN browsers that gets in. 

23 minutes ago, Trainfella said:

Yeah, I always use my home setup on my works laptop, but always used different VPNs on separate browsers on a crappy old laptop with an auto refresh, and every sale I've been in it is one of the VPN browsers that gets in. 

there's definitely no advantage to using a vpn.

1 hour ago, Trainfella said:

If something works for you I'd say carry on until it doesn't 😊

Edited by clarkete

13 minutes ago, clarkete said:

If something works for you I'd say carry on until it doesn't 😊

if something works for getting tickets that person is convinced they've found the trick. enough people round here have tried vpn's without any better success, so trainfella has just got lucky. 

8 minutes ago, Neil said:

if something works for getting tickets that person is convinced they've found the trick. enough people round here have tried vpn's without any better success, so trainfella has just got lucky. 

Aye, I'm suggesting if they've been lucky then carry on until they aren't 

16 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Had a massive panic this weekend. Internet went down for about 12 hours, plus won't connect in my office now, so fingers crossed it works for Thursday. All the tricks and tips in the world won't salvage a WiFi outage. 

Hotspot your phone? There's works on cables here on Thursday morning... If disaster occurs I guess I can work late at the office but that won't be a thing if it's Sunday sale after all...

Re:VPN: I did get tickets through a work VPN a couple of times, maybe See has something against weird dark web VPNs that may look like a "here's your favourite DOS source" but otherwise I think it doesn't make a difference one way or another. With the amount of WFH people these days and the popularity of company VPNS I'd doubt it would be negatively seen...

16 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Had a massive panic this weekend. Internet went down for about 12 hours, plus won't connect in my office now, so fingers crossed it works for Thursday. All the tricks and tips in the world won't salvage a WiFi outage. 

That’s always the fear, I pad as backup with enough data transferred from phone. I also connect PC to hub with an Ethernet cable . 

Hi, long time so see. 
Last visit to the farm was 2019 where I spent the entire weekend wishing my daughter was with me. Fast forward to next year and if I'm lucky to get tickets I will be having to decide whether to bring a 5 year old and 15 month old, or whether my husband and I just need to get shit faced. 

Good luck for Thursday and Sunday everyone!

1 hour ago, Neil said:

I'm not saying a VPN gets you in any quicker, but 10-15 separate VPNs on different browsers can. Whilst not ethically the best way to go about getting tickets, a wins a win! 

Woke up with T-day nerves for the first time this morning.  Honestly been trying not to think about it.  Just read this entire thread as the start of my prep and if anything, I'm more anxious now!

I've definitely been guilty of refreshing too much in the past as I only heard about the blocking thing around 6-7 years ago.  Before that I was hammering multiple browser windows like a clown and got nowhere.

Anyway, thanks to all those with IT skills for the tips and good luck everyone.  ❤️

• Crazyfool01 changed the title to ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales